6th June 2012, 12:48 PM
sumanrekha

Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?

hi this is rekha,,,
i m doing b.com 2nd year from lucknow university...

i want to start preparation for ias exam on own. i do not want to join any coaching..
so plz suggest the beat way for preparation of ias..
which subject i will choose for mains?? and how can i start preparartion foe ias prelims...????

i m waiting sir

plz guide me

thankyou

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  2. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  3. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  4. Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  5. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?
  6. Which subjects can I choose as Optional for IAS Exam having completed CSE?
  7. Optional subjects in the IAS preliminary exam -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  9. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  10. Which optional subjects should I choose to take IAS exam? -- [New]
  11. How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering
  12. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  13. When to start the preparations for IAS exam? Which optional subjects to choose? Which coaching centres to join?
  14. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  15. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  16. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  17. How can I choose my optional subjects for IPS exam? I am pursuing MSc in statistics and computer application
  18. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
6th June 2012, 01:18 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The admission to this civil service is being given on the basis of performance in the civil services exam.

This civil services examination is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Its a good idea and good move from your side to prepare for this exam on your own and without going for any coaching institute.

For this, here are some of my guidelines
-Decide upon the optional subjects first.

To the best of my knowledge, any of the following Optional subjects will be a better choice for you
-Commerce
-Economics
-Political Science
-Indian History
-Management
-Law
-Public Administration.

Go through the syllabus for each and every subject and then give final confirmation yourself with regard to Optional subjects.

Collect the books which will cover the syllabus of your chosen optional subjects.

Gather some top Coaching Institutes materials also to prepare for this exam.

Collect the previous year question papers and know the way how the questions are being asked.

Prepare a time table of yourself to complete the syllabus well in advance to your exam.

Try to gain in depth subject knowledge of the areas what ever you are studying.

Self motivation is very much important for you.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
6th June 2012, 01:27 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The admission to this civil service is being given on the basis of performance in the civil services exam.

This civil services examination is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

-Interview

Its a good idea and good move from your side to prepare for this exam on your own and without going for any coaching institute.

For this, here are some of my guidelines
-Decide upon the optional subjects first.

To the best of my knowledge, any of the following Optional subjects will be a better choice for you
-Commerce
-Economics
-Political Science
-Indian History
-Management
-Law
-Public Administration.

Go through the syllabus for each and every subject and then give final confirmation yourself with regard to Optional subjects.

Collect the books which will cover the syllabus of your chosen optional subjects.

Gather some top Coaching Institutes materials also to prepare for this exam.

Collect the previous year question papers and know the way how the questions are being asked.

Prepare a time table of yourself to complete the syllabus well in advance to your exam.

Try to gain in depth subject knowledge of the areas what ever you are studying.

Self motivation is very much important for you.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
19th June 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Im a student of b.sc with botany,zoology and geography as my subjects,
but i want not choose anyone of these for civil services preparation, so sir plz suggest me some good subject, which i can prepare.! Plz sir
20th June 2012, 11:25 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IAS eligibility criteria:
It does not really matters which stream you belong to as they just look for graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

At the most you can attempt for four times.

Selection procedure includes preliminary exams, main examination followed by interview.

Refer to the thumbnail to know more about the exam pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iaspattern (1).jpg
Views:	3051
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	96812  
25th August 2012, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

sir am siddu completed my betch in cse in jnt university....
i would like to take ur suggestion in selecting the optional subjects for my civil service career...
plz suggest..
thank u...
8th December 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best way to prepare lps exams?suggest me,now I am studying B.Tech 2nd year. And upto 10th class I'm Telugu medium student!!!?
11th December 2012, 01:35 AM
eduguruah

first of study the syllabus then target each portion and try to complete it...follw ncert books for preminary rs agarwal reasoning book, magical math by mk tyra .english grammar by wren and martin...indian contitution by dd basu..ad regular newspaper fo current affairs...read the hindu,the economics times,times of india, yojana & kurukshetra magazines...etc

good luck
11th December 2012, 09:45 AM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?

hI Friend,
What is IAS ?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

More About IAS :

The admission to this civil service is being given on the basis of performance in the civil services exam.

-Interview

-Commerce
-Economics
-Political Science
-Indian History
-Management
-Law
-Public Administration.

for more details...http://upsc.gov.in/

Cool Thanks....
17th December 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

My self diksha khandelwal
I am the student of commerce i have done b.com but i am not gud in practical subjects like accounts,statistic, fm nd so on dtsy i want to select the theoretical subjects but i don't hv proper subjects knowledge pls help me
29th December 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I M MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT ,B-TECH STUDENT ,HAVE FOUR YEAR ,DURING THAT TIME , I WANT TO PREPARE MYSELF FOR IAS WITHOUT JOINING ANY COACHING, GIVE ME GUIDLINES TO CHOOSE THE BETTER SUBJECTS, ND HOW TO CRACK IT, MY INTEREST IS IN GK(WORLD,INDIA),HISTORY,GEOGRAFIC,MATHS,PHYSICS,CH EMISTRY
AFTER FOR YEAR OF B-TECH, I DIRECTLY WANT TO CRACK THE IAS EXAM
1st January 2013, 05:51 PM
mns.mshr
Junior Member+

BEST WAY TO PREPARE FOR THE IAS , IS TO DO THOROUGH STUDY OF YOUR SYLLABUS.
and being a commerce student you should opt for accounts or commerce as they are your friendly subjects you will not face much difficulty in these subjects............

---------------BEST OF LUCK FOR IAS PREPARATION----------------
4th January 2013, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Out of Philosophy and Psychology which subject is better
9th January 2013, 08:59 AM
nikhinaya

Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Examination
Interview
**Commerce
**Economics
**Political Science
**Indian History
**Management
**Etc.
13th January 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I am a Btech graduate..which subjects should be my optional one?pls suggest...i have decided to go for IAS exam just few days back..when should i appear for this exam?and my last ques is which posts should i get if the result of IAS exam will not be upto the mark??pls reply...sumedha
14th January 2013, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

i have done my graduation in commerce.but i love indian history..so which subject i have to opt for ias?
12th March 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i have applied for IAS 2013 through on-line application.exam is on 26 may, my question is whether i will get any post letter or any call to write exam means i wil hall ticket or what
22nd April 2013, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

i'm b.com 2nd year student from indore , n i;m doing I.A.S . from lko what i do?
23rd April 2014, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Good evening sir,
I am jyoti gupta frm lucknow and I'am student of B.A 3rd year...my subjects are:
political science,economy and ancient history.. I want to beat UPSC exam with selfy...how should i beat and what should be my optional one?
Thanks!
22nd June 2014, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

I am ranjay vishwakarma and i' m persuing b.com I want to know sir that hou can i b.com Ias officer from commerce stream..sir for main examination of ias Business and Economics subject can i chosse and sir also tell it is best or not....
please sir gide me..
30th June 2014, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Good morning sir;I am doing graduation in fashion designing from nift Delhi, can I prepare for upsc /ias exam Please sir and my ques
13th October 2014, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i had a qwery that i am doing bba ... should i have to choose from bba course of optional subject or i can go with any of the subject pre given in the list sir plzzz reply....
3rd April 2015, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I'm a student of class Xl and want to beat the IAS exam which subjects should I choose to clear the exam. Pls tel me .I'm waiting for your suggestions
Thankyou.
1st June 2015, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I m student of commerce faculty and I have complete my graduation this year...now I want to do preparation of IAS exam and sir I like economics and management subject also....so u give me suggestion it is right subject or not for me ....plz sir must reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?