24th January 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Which college to prefer in Jaipur for PG to do Post Graduation in Nutrition?

i am a final student of B.H.Sc and i want to do post graduation in nutriton and i preffer jaipur city, so please kindly suggest me college in jaipur for my p.g

thanks

Pareen joshi

Related Questions:
  1. Which college to prefer in Jaipur for PG to do Post Graduation in Nutrition?
  2. Higher Studies in Nutrition after Post Graduation in clinical nutrition?
  3. Procedure and admission date for Post graduation in Nutrition?
  4. Can I do masters in Bio-chemistry after completion of Graduation in foods and nutrition?
  5. Qualification required to join biology field like health dietitian course? I have completing my 12th in science stream
  6. What to do for double post graduation in Diet & Nutrition?
  7. How to seek government job after doing masters in food and nutrition?
  8. What should I prefer after B.Tech? Should I prefer job or PG?
  9. Can I do Ph.D in Nutrition after doing PG diploma in dietetics and nutrition from VLCC institute after B.Com
  10. Am I eligible for the post of guest lecturer at any Government or Non Government College after passing MSc in Food Nutrition?
  11. Should I go for M.Sc in Food and Nutrition if done B.Sc in Home Science?
  12. Eligibility to do PhD in Food and Nutrition at AIIMS for PG Diploma holder?
  13. List of colleges along with their admission date, offering B.Ed course through correspondence in Jaipur or near by Jaipur? I have 41% marks in my graduation
  14. How to apply for admission in M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics course after B.Sc in Microbiology?
  15. Colleges offering M.Sc in Dietics and nutrition in South India? -- [New]
  16. Procedure of internship in food science and nutrition from AIMS after post graduation?
  17. Should I go for job or higher studies like M.Tech after completing B.Tech from Jaipur from College of Rajasthan?
  18. Which subjects to choose in 11th and 12th? I have just passed 10th -- [Most Discussed]
3rd November 2012, 08:39 PM
joshua nithish

Default Re: Which college to prefer in Jaipur for PG to do Post Graduation in Nutrition?

List of Courses:-

* Certificate Courses in Dietetics & Health Education
* Certificate Courses in Nutrition and Dietetics
* Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition
* Diploma in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition
* Diploma in Dietetics, Health and Nutrition
* Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
* Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
* Post graduate diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition

Basic Eligibility

UG:

For admission in a bachelor’s degree, the candidate must have passed the higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with science subject. The duration for the bachelor degree course is 3 years and for diploma course is 2 years.

PG:

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a master’s degree are holding a graduation degree with science subject. The duration for master's degree and post graduate diploma course is 2 years.

Specializations

Some of its specialized fields are: -

* Sensory Science
* Community Dietitians
* Consultant Dietitians
* Clinical Dietitians
* Public Health Nutrition
* Food Toxicology
* Management Dietitians
* Nutritional Physiology
* Molecular Nutrition
* Nutrition in Health and Disease

Job Prospects

People of the world are spending most of their time in offices since they are involved in inactive jobs which results in lack of exercise. This kind of life style increase the stress level. The first precautionary measure a person can take is a balanced and healthy diet. Nutritionists and dieticians have various career options. Community dietitian’s advice individuals and groups on nutritional practices intended to prevent disease and to promote good health.

Nutritionist can be employed in various fields such as colleges, research institutes, schools, companies, private or govt hospitals, airlines, office cafeterias, yoga center, maternity, govt's health depts., athletes camps, mass media sector, etc, where their advice is required to promote eating healthy food. In addition, they can also work as private practitioner and private consultant.

They work in places like health maintenance organizations, home health agencies, and public health clinics. Well experienced dietitians can opt as a director, associate or assistant of a dietetic dept or can also become a freelancer. Some dietitians are specialized in renal or paediatric dietetics areas.

Some Job Types:-

* Researcher
* Consultants
* Therapeutic Dietitian
* Food Show Host
* Sports Nutritionist
* Nutrition Trainer
* Administrative Nutritionists
* Public Health / Community Dietitian

Remuneration:-

The income of Dietetics & Nutrition professionals depends on the job and the area of work. A professional working in research institutes, govt. hospitals, colleges and other agencies income are set by the govt., which is around Rs.8.000 - Rs. 15.000 every month, depends upon their experience and work profile.

Consultants in private practice can make more money depending on their practice. Graduates working in private sector such as food manufacture, yoga center, restaurants, office cafeterias, maternity, athletes’ camps, and mass media can get higher salary.
Science Colleges/Universities - Nutrition and Dietetics

Assam Down Town University (ADTU)
Assam Down Town University (ADTU)

Assam Down Town University, Guwahati was established in 2010 under down town Charity Trust. It is the second private University in the north-east. There are 100 plus faculties running 24 courses and 1000 plus students are already undertaking their courses...

* Bachelor in Food Nutrition & Dietetics

View All 32 Courses

CMS College - Kottayam AICTE
CMS College - Kottayam

CMS College, Kottayam founded by the Church Missionary Society of England, is the oldest of the institutions for higher education in South India. The College is now affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University. The College has a student strength of 2044. There...

* Diploma in Dietetics

View All 47 Courses

College of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Mysore
College of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Mysore

College of Food Science and Nutrition , University of Mysore (CFSN), Mangalore is affiliated to University of Mysore and approved by UGC. The college offering Master of Science in Food Science and Nutrition and Master of Science in Human Development course....

* Master of Science in Food Science and Nutrition

View All 1 Courses

College of Food Science, Periyar University
College of Food Science, Periyar University

College of Food Science (CFS), Salem is affiliated to the Periyar University. The college is accredited by NAAC and affiliated by Periyar University. Department offers Master of Science in Food Science and Nutrition, Master of Philosophy in Food Science and...

* Master of Science in Food & Nutrition

View All 1 Courses

College of Foods and Nutrition, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University
College of Foods and Nutrition, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University

College of Foods and Nutrition (CFN), Ajmer is affiliated to the Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University. The college is promote the understanding of the science of Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics and their applications in promoting trained professionals as...

* Master of Science in Foods and Nutrition

View All 2 Courses

Government D. B. Girls P.G. (Autonomous) College NAAC
Government D. B. Girls P.G. (Autonomous) College

Government D. B. Girls P.G. (Autonomous) College, Raipur is a premier institution of higher education in Chhattisgarh. The college has been accredited B++ grade by NAAC, Bangalore. The Institution was established in 1958. The college has a brilliant record...

* Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics

View All 40 Courses

Government Home Science College
Government Home Science College

Government Home Science College, Chandigarh was established in 1961. The college began as an undergraduate college offering Bachelors Degree in Home Science, today the college offers Masters and Doctoral degree programmes. The College is a grant-in-Aid...

* Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics

View All 9 Courses

Govt. Home Science College
Govt. Home Science College

Govt. Home Science College (GHSC), Chandigarh was established in 1961. This is one of the pioneer institutes in Home Science in the country. It has grown as one of the excellent educational centers satisfying the professional and specialized needs of the...

* Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics

View All 6 Courses

Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar (IVRI) ICAR
Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar (IVRI)

Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar was established in 1889 & is one of the premier research institutions dedicated to livestock research and development of the region. The institute with faculty strength of more than 275 has a major mandate...

* Management of Nutritional Deficiencies through Dietary Manipulations.

View All 10 Courses

Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi AICTE
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi

Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi, established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio...

* Master of Scinece in Dietetics and Food Service Management

View All 183 Courses

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?