11th April 2015, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I do masters in Bio-chemistry after completion of Graduation in foods and nutrition?

I have done my graduation in foods, nutrition and dietetics nad post graduation diploma in clinical nutrition and dietetics.. I would like to know whether i can do masters in biochemistry and what are the career opprtunities for me keeping in mind my past educational qualification as well.. and what is the exact difference between biochemistry and biotechnology?

Related Questions:
  1. How to seek government job after doing masters in food and nutrition?
  2. Names of the colleges/universities offering MSc in Dietetics?
  3. How can I pursue Ph.D from PGIMER? I have done masters in food and nutrition
  4. To do Ph.D in nutrition do I have to appear for ICAR exam? I have completed my MSc in Foods and Nutrition
  5. M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics after B.Sc with Bio-technology, microbiology and chemistry? Scope and good colleges in Hyderabad?
  6. Can I do MSc dietetics after completing BSc Nursing?
  7. Which subjects to choose in 11th and 12th? I have just passed 10th
  8. Can I get government job after completion of M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry?
  9. How to do masters in nutrition and dietician course
  10. Detailed information about ICAR PhD entrance exam for M.Sc(Foods & Nutrition) postgraduate?
  11. Information regarding eligibility for Ph.D in Human Nutrition from AIIMS?
  12. Best government college in Jaipur to pursue Post Graduation in Nutrition from Jaipur?
  13. Any core or other company job opportunities for me after B.Tech biotechnology?
  14. What should I choose after completion of my B.Sc(bio-technology)? What's the future prospective?
  15. Can I go for Masters Degree in Psychology having scored 78% in 10th, 74% in 12th, 74% in Graduation with B.Tech IT and working in Infosys from 1.5 years?
  16. Diploma in Food and Nutrition eligibility criteria?
  17. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Details of admission in masters in nutrition degree?
14th April 2015, 01:55 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do masters in Bio-chemistry after completion of Graduation in foods and nutrition?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue master degree course in Biochemistry. However, you need to keep one thing in mind that you will not be eligible for all the universities who offer this course. This is because some universities allow the graduate of food sciences to pursue master degree course in Biochemistry while some do not allow unless you have Biochemistry or Chemistry or Medical Chemistry as the main subject in your graduation degree course.

You can get employment opportunities in:-
-Food processing Sector
-Quality control units
-Rice mills
-Manufacturing Sector
-Research labs
-Hotels
-Soft drink factories
- Hospitals and Nursing Homes
-Distilleries

You can work as:-
-Manager
-Marketing Executive
-Assistant General Manager
-Food Technologist
-Food & Beverage Associate
-Sourcing & Procurement Contractor
-Food Research Analyst
-Food Inspector
-Home Economists
-Analytical Chemists
-Toxicologists
-Research Scientists
-Food Processing Operator

The major recruiters are:-
-Public distribution shops in different parts of India
-Department of Food and public distribution of Government of India
-Central Warehousing Corporation
-Food Corporation of India
-Ministry of Food and Its Quality
-Consumable product companies like Colgate, Dabur, etc.
-Hyatt Corporation
-Accor Hospitality
-Taj Group of Hotels
-Vatika Group
-Le Meridien
-Apollo Group of Hospitals
-AIIMS
-Nestle India
-Cadbury
-Sunfeast
-Britania
-Cocacola
-Pepsico
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?