20th June 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Which college will I get for engineering after diploma with 86%?

after complete diploma with 86% which college i will get for engineering

Related Questions:
  1. After completing ITI Mechanical Electronics which are the courses offered?
  2. Which one is for Diploma and which one is for Advance Diploma?
  3. Is there any government college or government aided college where I can do degree course in Automobile Engineering? What other courses can I do with my diploma course in Automobile Engineering?
  4. How to get admission in B.E. in an engineering college of Gujrat after diploma in CSE from G.T.U.? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
  6. Competitive exams details after 10th and the scope of Commerce? -- [New]
  7. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in engineering?
  8. How can I get admission in Delhi College of Engineering having completed Diploma in Civil Engineering? Minimum marks required in Diploma and rank required in LEET?
  9. How to take admission in engineering college after completing diploma?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Psychiatrist course after completing Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  11. Any college or university offering Aeronautical Engineering after diploma?
  12. What is the procedure to change the college for diploma? Requirements for changing the college?
  13. Which colleges will I get after scoring 23.365 for M.E CSE?
  14. How to get Education Loan and Scholarship for Diploma in Civil engineering?
  15. Government college or institute where Degree in Automobile Engineering can be done after Diploma?
  16. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Best college in Coimbatore offering diploma in chemical Engineering?
  18. Which college to select after completing diploma in civil engineering?
11th October 2012, 07:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which college will I get for engineering after diploma with 86%?

Your percentage in diploma course is extremely good. You can fancy getting admission in top Engineering colleges in the country. However please do not include IITs in it. This is because, Indian Institute of Technolgy do not offer any lateral entry.

And since you have completed diploma in Engineering, lateral entry is the only option for you to seek admission in B.Tech. To get admission for B.Tech, candidates are required to go through entrance exams such as:

AIEEE

UPSEE

IIT-JEE

ISEET

However the minimum requirement to appear in these exams is 12th pass. Since you have completed diploma course which is taken after completing 10th, you can not appear for these entrance exams for admission.

This is where lateral entry scheme comes into picture. It allows diploma in Engineering candidates to have admission in the second year of B.Tech course. Most of the colleges in India offer lateral entry therefore reserve somewhere around 10 percent of the total seats for such candidates.

But the procedure of admission is different. You can either take direct admission without having to appear for entrance exam. Several colleges invites students for counselling that gives them direct admission. Since you have scored 86 percent in diploma, you have great chance of direct admission.

While some colleges either conducts their own entrance exam or select candidates on the basis of LEET entrance exam. In both scenario candidates are required to have scored at least 60 percent marks in diploma.
2nd June 2013, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

I have 82% in diplamo in civil engineering . Which colleges offered in madurai
5th June 2013, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

I have 90.38% in diplamo in ECE. which college offered in coimbatore
23rd July 2013, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i studied diploma 87% i join in top of cheenai chance are me
19th February 2014, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

i'm 86% in diploma which college can i get in lateral entry for ECE department. Please reply & help me.
17th April 2017, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Which college will I get for engineering after completing diploma in computer technology with 86%?
23rd April 2021, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

i'm 86% in diploma which college can i get in lateral entry for ECE department. Please reply & help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?