20th August 2010, 08:29 PM
renjithraj

Colleges for M.tech which accept B.Tech students with less than 60% marks

sir,
my total percentage in b.tech is below 60%. is there is any chance two get m.tech admission in any college?

20th August 2010, 11:00 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Default Re: Colleges for M.tech which accept B.Tech students with less than 60% marks

dear frend,
there are many colleges which accept b.tech students for m.tech with less than 60% marks......but before that you have to clear GATE entrance Exam.......
Good Luck!!!!!!!
20th August 2010, 11:37 PM
Raj333

Default Re: Colleges for M.tech which accept B.Tech students with less than 60% marks

dear friend
In 2010 M.Tech admissions, I saw only few institute allowed students who have less than 60% aggregate, whereas 2009 many institutes didn’t asked for this conditions. I think from 2011 it will become mandatory condition for admission to al most all institutes and universities in India.
Many student who are at 59.XX have really bad time and luck. I got few comments too asking for some suggestions and most of them have got reasonably good scores but have 59 + %. I strongly recommend them to join some good central university as soon as possible. Because I feel next year may be the admissions will be more stringent. I also suggest them to apply to good institutes in India, because they always look for exceptional candidates and if get a chance you need to prove it. Do apply to NITs if you have good GATE scores
best of luck....................................
21st August 2010, 12:39 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

You can probably get in soem college but you wont be eligible to get admission into IITs through the entrance test as the minimum percentage is 60%

But you can apply for MTech in some private college

best of luck
21st August 2010, 01:07 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,

Yes you can get admission in M.Tech. You are not get admission to the reputed colleges like IITs, NITs etc.
But you can surely get admission in some good private colleges.
Good luck!!!!
21st August 2010, 01:12 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

if your marks in b.tech is less than 60% then there is no need to worry .

you can take admission in top colleges of india like IITs, NITs in M.TECH.

but for that you have to score more than 90 percentile in GATE exam.

if you don't want to give GATE exam then you have to take admission in any private engineering college.

best of luck.
21st August 2010, 01:34 AM
jomson varghese

Thumbs up Re: Colleges for M.tech which accept B.Tech students with less than 60% marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjithraj View Post
sir,
my total percentage in b.tech is below 60%. is there is any chance two get m.tech admission in any college?
dear friend,
you are not eligible for entrance exam done by institute.but you get the admission for Mtech through Management quota/NRI.
21st August 2010, 10:34 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

my dear frnd...don't be dispointed....
u can do m.tech from private college......in west bengal.....
bst of luck........
21st August 2010, 10:49 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

you should not eligilbe for any competition because your b.tech percentage is less than 60 in b.tech.
but you can apply for pvt university with directly admission on the basis of b.tech percentage.
good luck
21st August 2010, 01:25 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Colleges for M.tech which accept B.Tech students with less than 60% marks

dear friend

to get admission in m.tech colleges u need your GATE rank. b.tech percentage doesn't matter.

if u have good rank then u will get admission in better colleges.

all the best.
21st August 2010, 04:12 PM
mukeshbhadoriya

there are so many private colleges which are allow m.tech in this percentage.
21st August 2010, 04:26 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

After B.tech you can appear for GATE. The eligibility for GATE is 55% marks in graduation.
If you score well in GATE it will help you get admission in some good Colleges that offer Mtech course. Colleges give admission based on the GATE score.
21st August 2010, 07:21 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
if you are a qualifier of GATE with good GATE score , then marks doesn't matter to take admission in M.tech in any college.

Most of the reputed college follows the GATE score not the percentage of B.Tech, but you have to clear all the papers in B.Tech then you are eligible.
& a student with good GATE score can easily take admission.

So you need not to be worried.

kindly be well prepare for GATE exam.

good luck.
22nd August 2010, 10:55 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you not need to worry.. you can take admission in any college for Mtech.. for that you have to appear in GATE exam...

the percentage what you have get in graduation is doesn't matter..

the matter is that how well u did in GATE exam... if you did extremely well in GATE then you can also take admission in IIT, NIT..

so, try to concentrate for GATE exam..

i hope you will surely do that..

all the best..
22nd August 2010, 11:05 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you not need to worry.. you can take admission in any college for Mtech.. for that you have to appear in GATE exam...

the percentage what you have get in graduation is doesn't matter..

the matter is that how well u did in GATE exam... if you did extremely well in GATE then you can also take admission in IIT, NIT..

so, try to concentrate for GATE exam..

i hope you will surely do that..

all the best..
25th August 2010, 08:57 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
There you may not face problem in taking admission in M.Tech.

as M.Tech admission is more over depends on GATE score.
study properly,forget your past,now study hard,maintain a time table more GATE preparation .
if you can score minimum 90-95 percentile ,i think you will face no problem in taking admission in M.Tech.

Good luck.
2nd October 2010, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

min percentage of marks needed in b tech to appear for gate exam
2nd October 2010, 09:30 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad Ordnance Factory Campus

Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (J.N.T.U.) College of ...
other option you have to try are
Following the Indian Institute Of Technology there are good colleges offering M.Tech degree like:

* Birla Institute Of technology, Pilani campus, Goa campus
* University of Delhi has two M.Tech colleges namely Delhi College of Engineering and Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
* Indra Prasth Viswa Vidyalaya
* Indian School Of Mines, Dhanbad
* Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University

There are 22 National Institutes of Technology (NIT) of which many are reputed institutes that offer M.Tech degrees. The best NITs are in Suratkal, Warangal, Jamshedpur, Trichy, Kurukshetra, Rourkela, Durgapur, Karnataka, and Calicut. Apart from NITs some other institutes which offer M.Tech are:

* BIT, Mesra, Ranchi
* College of Enginering , Anna University
* University college of engineering, Osmania University
* IIIT-Allahabad
* Jamia Milia Islamia, New delhi
* Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology, Allahabad
* Institute Of technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
* Malviya National Institute Of Technology, Bhopal
* MIT, Pune
all the best
3rd October 2010, 01:21 AM
dharmdeom

buddy in mtech % of btech doesn't matter ...........if u have good gate score......then defianatly u'll get admission in mtech.......
6th October 2010, 04:32 PM
meeria

dear friend

please forget your past ...............try to improve yourself
i.e hard try to get chance to admission in good gov. college for M.tech
hope you may not chance so what, there have many college

*BIT, Mesra, Ranchi
* College of Enginering , Anna University
* University college of engineering, Osmania University
* Jamia Milia Islamia, New delhi
* Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology, Allahabad
* Institute Of technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
* Malviya National Institute Of Technology, Bhopal
* MIT, Pune

have a good day
9th December 2010, 06:13 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

There are many government colleges and private colleges which allow you to get in through the marks you have scored.

Do score well in GATE so that they doesn't consider your B.tech marks.Colleges keep a criteria as 60% for eligibility because they try to choose candidates of merit.But once you score well in GATE you can forgot about the past.

All the best,prepare well.
18th August 2011, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

sir. I complete my btech with 58 per. Will i got the chance in mtech through iit and nit after achiving more than 90percentile gate score. Plz rply sir.
2nd October 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

I understood your problem. The colleges that accept second class degree are. Iisc,iit madras,iit kanpur,indian school of Mines dhanbad,Nit durgapur,indian statistical institute,hyderabad central university. These are good universities and you can try state universities as well.
31st October 2011, 04:23 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

No,you are not eligible for GATE.....
The students are eligible who are pursuing B.Tech final year and passed out students.....
This criteria was introduced this year only...........
31st October 2011, 10:49 PM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

if your marks in b.tech is less than 60% then there is no need to worry .

you can take admission in top colleges of india like IITs, NITs in M.TECH.

but for that you have to score more than 90 percentile in GATE exam.

if you don't want to give GATE exam then you have to take admission in any private engineering college.

Thanks
7th April 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

For iit mtech admission only last year percent accepted or all BE percent please tell me
20th March 2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

For iit mtech admission only last year percent accepted or all BE percent please tell me

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/colleges-m-tech-accept-b-tech-students-less-than-60-marks-35920.html#ixzz2O5VLSxWx
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?