16th March 2010, 12:39 AM
madax88

Colleges for M Tech in Electronics field (ECE) based on my GATE score and All India Rank?

Sir,

I have got AIR rank 4608.
Gate score 485.
Got academic record of 70% so far( upto Six Semester)

Want to pursue M Tech in Electronics field.
Please Suggest me colleges which will be able to give me admission.

Regards,

Manit Shah.

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges for M Tech in Electronics field (ECE) based on my GATE score and All India Rank?
  2. Best M.tech colleges in south India for my gate rank in the branch of electronics and communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the criteria to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering with 73%?
  4. Can I get admission in NIT for M.tech ECE if my GATE rank is in 5000-6000 range?
  5. Any universities or colleges offering M.Tech in Electronics or related field in North India?
  6. NITs or IITs after GATE score of 480 in ECE and rank 5912?
  7. In which colleges can I apply for M.tech in ECE after scoring 9700 in GATe with 94.6 percentile?Can I get a seat in M.Tech?
  8. List of the colleges for M.Tech in which I can get after scoring 464 in GATE with 6235 AIR in ECE branch?
  9. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  10. Best colleges for M.Tech after a score of 441 in GATE Instrumentation and rank 845?
  11. How can I study M.Tech(ECE) without GATE if completed B.Tech(EIE)? -- [New]
  12. Seat in JNTU colleges in M.Tech. ECE through GATE score and rank
  13. In which college of Tamil Nadu I will get admission if secured 31384 AIR in GATE(ECE) being an OBC student? In which company I can apply for job with GATE score?
  14. How to get direct admission in M.Tech course in electronics colleges in NCR after scoring 230 in GATE with AIR of 48497
  15. Colleges offering M.Tech in ECE except IITs and NITs? Also colleges providing M.Tech without a valid GATE score?
  16. Which are the good colleges offering M.Tech in instrumentation field? I have scored 402 GATE score and 1214 rank
  17. PG course from any NITs or any reputed colleges in india with GATE All India Rank of 197?
  18. Information about government companies in India? I am a student pursuing B.Tech 4th year ECE
16th March 2010, 10:04 AM
sanketjadhav87

Smile Re: Colleges for M Tech in Electronics field (ECE) based on my GATE score and All India Rank?

u can go for government colleges in maharashtra like coep or vjti otherwise other private colleges
16th March 2010, 12:36 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

Default Re: Colleges for M Tech in Electronics field (ECE) based on my GATE score and All India Rank?

dear friend,
every year this rank varies,
and the name of the college in which you can take admission to this rank,
will be seen as the basis of previous year status,
so the the details can be seen on the official websites.
o k
all the best
16th March 2010, 04:35 PM
PRASHANTH AKSHINTALA

Default Re: Colleges for M Tech in Electronics field (ECE) based on my GATE score and All India Rank?

my all india rank is 3829 n gate score is 507 am from ece background n i belog to general category,,plzz suggest me to which clgs i can apply
17th March 2010, 12:36 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend
its not a so much good rank ...
but also with this rank you can get colleges which offered m.tech in electronics...
so you can get admission into any other colleges except than I I T / N I T...
so
best of luck...
17th March 2010, 09:53 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

by seeing your gate score i think you may get a seat in NIT ,dont apply in IIT because you will not get a seat there
all the best
18th March 2010, 09:09 AM
madax88

Sir,

I am confuse about your reply to me or other!

If so then in which NIT?

Regards,
Manit Shah.
18th March 2010, 03:21 PM
rashmikathuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyavani View Post
by seeing your gate score i think you may get a seat in NIT ,dont apply in IIT because you will not get a seat there
all the best
i hav got 554 as all india rank in ece. which colgs should i apply??
18th March 2010, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i got air 580 my gate score is 709 for which iit i can apply??
i also have cgpa of 8.6 during b.tech
19th March 2010, 07:18 PM
puneet88

hi my gate score is 440 tell me suitable college for this?///
25th March 2010, 02:53 PM
ankit1234

sir,

i hav got 1339 as all india rank in instrumentation. my gate score 384.
plz reply
30th March 2010, 12:12 AM
prashant.shilu

i have passed b.tech(ece) from k.n.modi .
my gate score is 498.
Can some one please tell me on which all colleges i can apply for????? I am totally unaware of the procedures. Am i eligible for NIT/IIT???
my id [email protected]
mo.no-9873739052
30th March 2010, 02:10 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

hey prashant,
you have really scored a good rank....i am sure that you will get admission in some good colleges like NIT's and some private institutions.

you can also try for IIT also.....

so all the best
30th March 2010, 03:04 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

every year this rank varies,
and the name of the college in which you can take admission to this rank,
will be seen as the basis of previous year status,
so the the details can be seen on the official websites.
o k
all the best
30th March 2010, 08:34 PM
rajeshingarhwa

dear friend,
there are many good colleges that take admission through GATE examination .
apart from IITs and NITs which are available only if you score good marks in GATE examination.there are other private colleges as well as government colleges .
depending upon your arnk you can score good marks in it.
best of luck
9th April 2010, 09:00 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

@madax88 and PRASHANTH AKSHINTALA

Both of you have scored well in GATE,but that is not enough to get admission into IIT's or NIT's.

However,you will get admission into anyone of followings:-

BENGAL ENGINEERING & SCIENCE UNIVERSITY (BESU),WEST BENGAL.

ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY,ALIGARH

D.DESAI INST OF TECHNOLOGY,NADIAD,GUJRAT.

MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA ENGINEERING COLLEGE,MP

SAMRAT ASHOK TECHNOLOGICAL INST,MP

KALYANI GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE, KALYANI,WEST BENGAL.

SIKKIM MANIPALINSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, SIKKIM.

B.M.S. COL OF ENGINEERING,KARNATAKA.

MALNAD COLLEGE OF ENGINEERINH,KARNATAKA.

WBUT,WEST BENGAL

DCE,DELHI.

JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA,DELHI.

IT-BHU (not sure).

ETC.

Best of Luck
9th April 2010, 10:02 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
it woud be better that youapply for nit's rather than iit's because you will not get sit there as your rank is more than 3000. for your knowledge i would like to say that getting admission in any nit will proove benificial for as you will a stipend of 8000/- per month
best of luck
9th April 2010, 10:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend
the marks you get is not so good,
and you can not get admission in top colleges
but dont worry, as per your marks you
will take admissions in these colleges like-

ANNA UNIVERSITY
PUNE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
NIRMA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,ahmedabad
BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,MESRA

all the best.....
10th April 2010, 10:53 PM
santosh479

sir,
i got AIR 1037 ,gate score 655, but my aggregate is 55% only.Tell me where i will get the seat and when to apply.
11th April 2010, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

dear frnd
you have done well
you should prefere
IITs or NIT
good luck
11th April 2010, 12:00 PM
KARTHIKSS

You can apt to join MIT or PSG or MEPCO in Tamil Nadu,but you should have upto 75% when you finish.If you want to join in other state you can go for Dr.Ambedkar Engg College in Nagpur.
12th April 2010, 02:41 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i got air 580 my gate score is 709 for which iit i can apply??
i also have cgpa of 8.6 during b.tech
your gate score is very good and you can apply for any iit you want,you are going to get an sat in iit for sure,its now for you to decide the branch of field you want to choose,
go for an iit which is the best for your branch of choice
all the best for your future,
12th April 2010, 02:43 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet88 View Post
hi my gate score is 440 tell me suitable college for this?///
it depends on the branch of your gate paper,
for example if you are an civil engineering student then the score is very good,but its not an good score for an computer science student,
but you will be getting an admission in any nit for sure
all the best
12th April 2010, 02:45 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit1234 View Post
sir,

i hav got 1339 as all india rank in instrumentation. my gate score 384.
plz reply
i think you should try for national institute of technologies ,you may be getting an seat in those colleges
you can also try some universities like delhi college of engineering
all the best
12th April 2010, 02:47 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh479 View Post
sir,
i got AIR 1037 ,gate score 655, but my aggregate is 55% only.Tell me where i will get the seat and when to apply.
you have got an excellent gate score ,you can try for colleges like nit,
bits,dce ,jhadavpur university
they all are good colleges
all the best
12th April 2010, 02:50 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh479 View Post
sir,
there are many colleges wich can give you admission based on your gate score but i think there will be an problem with your aggregate in engineering level because most of the colleges or universities demand a minimum of 60% and also they follow it very strictly,
any ways all the best,you may get an chance in good college
12th April 2010, 02:56 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRASHANTH AKSHINTALA View Post
my all india rank is 3829 n gate score is 507 am from ece background n i belog to general category,,plzz suggest me to which clgs i can apply
hi,
you have got an good score but your rank is not very good,
i would suggest you to apply for the nit
all the best
14th April 2010, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

dear sir
my AIR is1078, my gate score is 651.my CGPA aroound 9.I have also two publications related to my project. i have applied for all IITs .can any one tell me where i can get the chance?
pls send me SMS to 9775551614 or in mail- [email protected]

THANKS AND REGARDS
MAKAR CHAND SNAI
18th April 2010, 07:16 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
dear sir
my AIR is1078, my gate score is 651.my CGPA aroound 9.I have also two publications related to my project. i have applied for all IITs .can any one tell me where i can get the chance?
pls send me SMS to 9775551614 or in mail- [email protected]

THANKS AND REGARDS
MAKAR CHAND SNAI
Getting into IIT's is very tough.They demands for almost 90% + Good AIR in GATE for providing admission to M.tech.

But since, your CGPA is excellent and also you have two publications I think probably you will get admission to anyone of IIT's.

However,if any how you wont get into IIT then you will Definitely get into NIT's and also you can go for any Institute of National Importance.

I Probably think that you will be offered oppurtunity from CSIR.

Lets see.

Best of Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 18th April 2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: setting
20th April 2010, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

i got gate score as 470 and air 5900 .i am sc so do have a chance in iit or nit
21st April 2010, 01:09 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i got gate score as 470 and air 5900 .i am sc so do have a chance in iit or nit

According to eligibility criteria,SC/ST candidate with at least 55% aggregate in B.tech/B.E. along with 75% aggregate in GATE are eligible to get into IIT's or IISc.

Your GATE score is 470 that means your percentile is 47%,and for NIT's minimum 65% is required by SC/ST candidate along with at least 55% aggregate in B.tech/B.E.

However,you will get admission into other Institutes of National Importance,like- Jadavpur University,Delhi University etc.

Best of Luck
13th May 2010, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

do i get stipend/scholarship if i will get admission into jadavpur or BESU rather than any NITs or IITs...???
15th May 2010, 05:39 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
Congratulations you have scored good marks
and according to me you can apply in the colleges like
IT-BHU
DCE,DELHI.
all the best
19th May 2010, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I got 6868 rank with 29.33 % and my gate score is 430 from cse background and I have the reservation of ladies and obc.I want to join in bangalore.Could u suggest which of the colleges can i apply?
20th May 2010, 02:51 PM
nagula.swathi7

i got 333 gate score in EC 2010.. OBC(BC-A)... will u plz send me the list of colleges where can i get the admission...
20th May 2010, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Myall india rank is 4500. Can I get a seat in NIT, karnataka in Electronics Branch.

R. MAITHRI, HYDERABAD.
11th June 2010, 07:35 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

your acadmic performance is vey good and your rank is also good then you can apply for councilling only .
20th June 2010, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

i got 333 gate score in 2010. can u plz sugest me best college in this score for ECE Mtech
24th June 2010, 05:13 PM
drdo99
Banned

some good colleges are there at south.
search at mhrdt cell,through its website for gate.
25th June 2010, 10:46 PM
sandy B

hello friend,according to my knowledge you have a small possibility to chance in nits.perhaps you can get very good govt engg college in india....
30th June 2010, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

hi dear sir

i have a question about gate.. sir i have not 60% aggr in b.tech unfrtntly. if i do try my best in gate... and get a good score can i got the good m.tech college...of yes which kind? my aim is in future ec and aerospace.... may got this? pls reply
nirav chauhan id: [email protected]
1st July 2010, 01:09 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi dear sir

i have a question about gate.. sir i have not 60% aggr in b.tech unfrtntly. if i do try my best in gate... and get a good score can i got the good m.tech college...of yes which kind? my aim is in future ec and aerospace.... may got this? pls reply
nirav chauhan id: [email protected]

M.Tech Without GATE

If you can not appear for GATE, then there is nothing to worry, there are various other entrance for the perpose.

I am discussing some famous of them.

1) TANCET: conducted by Anna University on behalf of Tamil Nadu government for providing admission into Anna Univ and all other excepting institutes.

Eligibility: Candidate must be Passed Bachelor Engineering degree in there respective streams.Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.

2) Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) Karnataka: Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.

Eligibility: Candidates must be passed BE/B.Tech in there respective field with at least 50% aggregate.
Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.

3)
Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET): It is conducted by JNU on behalf of Andra Pradesh Goverment

Eligibility: Candidate should have passed BE/B.Tech/B.Arch. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.

Besides these IIT's conducts there own entrance, Thapar also conduct own entrance and also through GATE.

And few more state conducts entrance for it, and few more deemed universities, and M.Tech corresspondance can also be done without entrance.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
1st July 2010, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Colleges for M Tech in Electronics field (ECE) based on my GATE score and All India Rank?

1.Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT R)
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT M)
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT Kgp)
4. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT B)
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT D)
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT K)
7. Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IIT G)
8. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc B)
9. Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani
10. Institute of Technology ,Banaras Hindu University, (IT BHU)
15th July 2010, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

hello ...

my agg 3rd yr percentage in b.tech electronics is 55 %.....if i get a good score in GATE2011....will i have any chance of getting a good college for M.TECH??

please help...very important....
26th July 2010, 12:54 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi friend
the list of the colleges are as follow

D.DESAI INST OF TECHNOLOGY,NADIAD,GUJRAT.

MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA ENGINEERING COLLEGE,MP

SAMRAT ASHOK TECHNOLOGICAL INST,MP

KALYANI GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE, KALYANI,WEST BENGAL.

SIKKIM MANIPALINSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, SIKKIM.

B.M.S. COL OF ENGINEERING,KARNATAKA.

MALNAD COLLEGE OF ENGINEERINH,KARNATAKA.
31st July 2010, 04:41 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

in your GATE score you will not get chance in IITS.

you may get chance in given below institutes

1.BHU.

2.Anna university.

3.pune university.

4.DU.

5.JU.

6.BESU.

all the best........
8th August 2010, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

what are the various courses related to the field of electronics (for mtech preferably from iit)????????.....................can a bteh graduate from electronics and comunication apply for mtech in solid state electronics??????????
29th August 2010, 07:06 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Colleges for M Tech in Electronics field (ECE) based on my GATE score and All India Rank?

dear friend
u must get colleges on ece based for m.tech. i think quality of college u get that totally depend upon ur gate score&all india rank.if ur get score is very good then u can get chance in any govt.college for m.tech.and according to my knowledge u must get ur stream based subject in any govt. colleges.bt if ur rank is not so good then u may chance for m.tech in any privare colleges.
good luck.
31st August 2010, 12:29 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

there are the name of some colleges where you can take admission for your Mtech,

1.ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY,ALIGARH

2.D.DESAI INST OF TECHNOLOGY,NADIAD,GUJRAT.

3.MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA ENGINEERING COLLEGE,MP

4.SAMRAT ASHOK TECHNOLOGICAL INST,MP

5.KALYANI GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE, KALYANI,WEST BENGAL.

6.SIKKIM MANIPALINSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, SIKKIM.

7.B.M.S. COL OF ENGINEERING,KARNATAKA.

8.MALNAD COLLEGE OF ENGINEERINH,KARNATAKA.

9.WBUT,WEST BENGAL

you just check it out.

all the best....
31st August 2010, 12:36 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

there are the name of some colleges where you can take admission for your Mtech,

1.ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY,ALIGARH

2.D.DESAI INST OF TECHNOLOGY,NADIAD,GUJRAT.

3.MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA ENGINEERING COLLEGE,MP

4.SAMRAT ASHOK TECHNOLOGICAL INST,MP

5.KALYANI GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE, KALYANI,WEST BENGAL.

6.SIKKIM MANIPALINSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, SIKKIM.

7.B.M.S. COL OF ENGINEERING,KARNATAKA.

8.MALNAD COLLEGE OF ENGINEERINH,KARNATAKA.

9.WBUT,WEST BENGAL

you just check it out.

all the best....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?