13th January 2012, 08:32 PM
apoorvprakash89

In which colleges should I apply after scoring 89.22 percentile in CAT?

i have got 89.22 percentile in cat n i wanna know which are the colleges i should apply for......

5th October 2012, 07:43 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which colleges should I apply after scoring 89.22 percentile in CAT?

Anyone who have completed Common Admission Test should first give priority to the Indian Insitute of Management. After all IIMs are the best MBA universities in India. Therefore you should first try for admission in the IIM.

The selection process for IIM has always been difficult therefore no matter how much you have scored in the Common Admission Test, I would suggest that you apply for at least 3-4 different IIMs in India for admission.

There have been cases where candidates with good CAT score have failed to do get admission for the IIM. Therefore there is no scope of overconfidence if you have got good marks in the Common Admission Test.

The admission process of IIM varies from each university. The procedure has changed quite a bit in past few years. Earlier the CAT score of the candidate used to carry 90 percent weight. But in recent years, it has come down to 50 percent as IIMs have started to give importance to other things as well.

What has changed is that now IIMs are also giving importance to candidate's performance in 10th and 12th standard. Your performance in both these classes has become a major factor to get admission.

It started with the IIMA or Indian Institute of Management - Ahmedabad. From 2010 onwards IIMA made it mandatory for candidates to have scored at least 70 percent marks in both 10th and 12th standard to be eligible for admission in the university.

Similarly Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta (IIM-C) announced that candidates would need at least 80 percent marks in 12th to be considered for the university. Similar sort of changes have also been made by other IIMs in the country as well.

Even if you manage to meet these requirements still it does not guarentee admission in the IIM. There is still a lot you need to do for admission. All the candidates who are selected for admission are first called to write a application essay which is part of admission process.

Then the next stage would be Group Discussion which would be followed by personal interview. If you passed all the three stages then only will get admission in IIM. I know that the process of admission is quite lengthy and difficult but it pays dividents. Students from IIM are selected for some top paid jobs in the field.

Therefore I would recommend that you apply for admission in the IIMs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?