16th May 2011, 02:49 AM
aditya nagpal

IT companies for job after dropping 1 year in B.Tech after 1st semester due to health and scoring 72% allover?

hello
i have one year gap in between my engineering.i dropped one year after my first semester due to some health problems.thus,i will be completing my degree in 5 years instead of four years.i have 81% in 10th,61% in 12th and i will be finishing my degree with 72% aggregiate.
please tell me which IT companies are suited for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get a seat in GKVK college of BSc Agriculture? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is there any problem in applying for job at L&T due to a year lag? -- [New]
  3. Can I get a job in Infosys after scoring 48% in 1st semester and 2 backlogs in 1st semester
  4. Can I continue my Diploma to get good Job having a year gap after completion of 1st year of Diploma with 84%?
  5. Can I get a good job in IT companies after scoring 65% upto 6th semester? What is the criteria?
  6. Will i be able to get Job in software MNC's after my Diploma and B.Tech with 70% in aggregate?
  7. Am I eligible for core companies placements if I have gap in education?
  8. For which companies am I eligible after scoring 76.27 in B.Tech upto 6th semester?
  9. Can I get jobs in MNC's like infosys and others?
  10. How to take admission in Jamia millia islamia after passing B.Tech 1st year?
  11. For which Companies am I eligible having scored 70% in 10th, 55% in 12th and 68.5% in 1st semester of B.Tech course?
  12. If I have 4 backlogs in 1st year and 65% upto 6th semester can I get a good job in IT companies as well as in government sector? What is the criteria of IT companies like Infosys?
  13. Can I get a job in TCS, WIPRO, Infosys after scoring 81% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 75% till 4th semester in B.Tech?
  14. Is it possible to change college after 1st year of engineering?
  15. Will there be a problem in campus placement if I had backlog during my 1st year of B.E studies?
  16. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan if completed 1st semester of M.Tech?
  17. List of companies in which I can apply for jobs with CGPA of 6.61 and a backlog in first sem?
  18. If I score 83% and 77% in 1st and 2nd semester then can I get placed in top companies?
16th May 2011, 12:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IT companies for job after dropping 1 year in B.Tech after 1st semester due to health and scoring 72% allover?

Criteria for software company--
1)b-tech(cse,it) with 60%
2)10+2 with 60%
3)10 with 60%

one year gape is allowed.

Maximum it company provide this criteria....

So can apply for every compant.like tcs,cts,wipro,ibm etc............
16th May 2011, 11:57 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IT companies for job after dropping 1 year in B.Tech after 1st semester due to health and scoring 72% allover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya nagpal View Post
hello
i have one year gap in between my engineering.i dropped one year after my first semester due to some health problems.thus,i will be completing my degree in 5 years instead of four years.i have 81% in 10th,61% in 12th and i will be finishing my degree with 72% aggregiate.
Dear Friend

Your academic record is very much average so if a company does shortlist
candidates for recruitment on the basis of academics only you will surely
be shortlisted for the recruitment process provided that there is no strict
rule of not recruiting the students with year back.
There are only few companies that don't recruit candidates with year back.
Most of the companies just look for averagely smart and talented people
who can work in the company for long term.
Of course there will be pressure on you when you will be appearing some
interview so you should be prepared to overcome that pressure earlier.
For this you must prepare yourself to answer all the common technical
questions of your stream and also be good in the project work and training
which you have done during your B.Tech.
17th May 2011, 12:15 AM
mandiv

hey adi......
hope you fine......
look now a days each and every companies look forward for the candidates who could work brilliantly for their company.........
in my knowledge their are a fewer IT companies that will not regard you because of your one year lag.........since you are very good in academics , most of the companies will shortlist you as their companion..........like IBM , WIPRO, CTS......
wishing you good luck.........
take care..........
17th May 2011, 12:51 AM
aditya nagpal

thanks a lot to you friends.i took a little bit pressure off me.but i am worried because i attended campus recuirement of cap gemini. i was rejected in the final round due to an year gap.they allowed 2 years gap between 12th and degree but not even a single year gap in between degree.so i was discouraged by that.i was discouraged by that.should i write about 1 yr gap in my resume and which are the software cources that I can do after btech????
17th May 2011, 11:34 AM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
hello
Hii Aditya,

Doesn't matter yu drop one year IT companies want your knowledge and your work capacity or your intrest .i think you have a good score in degree if you want to go for futher study thats different matter but if you want to jion IT industry is open for you...

Thanks ,
ankur
20th July 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

I am a bca student. I have supply in my 1'st semester. But I could'nt clear it due to my health problem. I thank I will clear it on 6'th semester. But form thid year wbut make new rule that resupply students get yearlack. So I get year lack. I'm going to complete my bca on 2012 but now it will take 1 year more. I am scared about my career. Can I manage a good job in a good company? Can I sit for interview in good company? Will I able to grab job on the year of 2013 after cpompleting my bca? Please answer.
2nd September 2011, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

I have 63% in 10th, 60% in 12th and my degree is of 71% agg. But the problem is that due to some reasons my degree is extended by 6 months that is, I have a semester back, will I get a job in IT companies?
5th September 2011, 09:08 PM
goutam1222

Quote:
hello
One year gap is will not become a problem for you to get into a job in a IT company.
because generally companies look for 60 % overall(vary depending upon company to company).
If it is a in-campus interview then it is possible that, the question of gap will not even arise.
6th September 2011, 02:46 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can appear in the campus drive of any IT company..
Any leading IT company follow the below mention criteria:-

*One must have 60% aggregate through out the career.
*One should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.
*One should not have study gap more than 2 years..

As you have mentioned that you have 1 year study gap due to health related problem, then it will not create any problem at the time appearing in campus drive of a company..
But you have to show the medical certificate related to your health problem...
So, don't worry, you are eligible for the campus drive..
All the best.
25th November 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

6 year b.tech degree is eligible for software side.after that i will be fresher or not.i will join in b.tech 2006.please tell me.
5th December 2011, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

problem in jobs after completing b.tech in 5 years due to fail in 1&2 semester in gbtu
22nd January 2012, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

I have passed the madhyamik exam in 2007, passed higher secondary exam in 2010 (with an yeargap).now I had got one yearlag in b.tech DURING PROMOTION FROM 2 ND TO 3 RD YEAR ,ie, the course would be finished in 5 years instead of 4 years. can I sit for in campous drive of any multi national IT company ,like cts,tcs,infy,itc etc??
6th February 2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

is resuply in any subject means yearlack?
18th August 2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

i am a student studying IT. now i am studying for my 5th semester. but i have failed to clear the 2nd semester supplementary exam in one subject. so will ther be any year lag for this?????
20th July 2014, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have 74% in btech but having 59.9% in one semister will it create problem for me in govt jobs like bank..pls give your suggestions.!!
28th July 2014, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

i have 3 years lag in between of my h.s. and my graduation due to my health problem.now i'm in mca final year with throughout 65% in my carrier....am i eligible for any campus interview of top mnc's???pls do reply...
1st August 2014, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

i have jst passed out this year with 6.5 dgpa.....bt i have compleated my b.tech in 5 yr instead of 4 yr,as i i got year lag after 2nd year due poor attendence...so have i any chances to get a job in IT field?plzzz ans me
25th October 2014, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

I have 1year gap after my b.tech due to backlog..in my m.tech i have 1year gap between m.tech 1st year and 2nd year due to health problem...can i eligible for it companies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?