22nd December 2010, 09:52 PM
shanthi shiny

Completed B.Tech in Biotech and interested in Pharma field but not interested in doing M.Tech : What to do after B.Tech?

Myself Shanthi,finished B.Tech Biotechnology,not interested to do M.Tech.
I dont know what to do..i hav a interest to work in a pharma field..how to improve my career..please give a guidance for me..

23rd December 2010, 02:02 PM
sindhusweety

Default Re: Completed B.Tech in Biotech and interested in Pharma field but not interested in doing M.Tech : What to do after B.Tech?

ok you may proceed and seek jobs in pharma field;

Students can explore job options in the following fields:

Drug and pharmaceutical research
Public funded laboratories
Chemicals
Environment control
Waste management
Energy
Food processing &
Bio-processing industries.

The Government of India provides large-scale employment to most biotechnologists in its research laboratories.
23rd December 2010, 03:18 PM
roshithm

Default Re: Completed B.Tech in Biotech and interested in Pharma field but not interested in doing M.Tech : What to do after B.Tech?

a lone btech course may be a satisfactory option for you now but evaluating a time span of 5_6 years from now it would become quite difficult to strive in the industry.....
i would suggest you a viable option for opting for a PG diploma course in management in healthcare sector from any of the reputed institutes across india... prominent being TAPMI manipal.... here you can groom any of your persinal interests...an advantage being that you can opt for your field of pharma plus u have a post graduate degree in hand...
loads of good luck n remember a one word answer for your querry is hardwork..
23rd December 2010, 04:38 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you do not want to do M.tech then don't go for it. as you have done B.Tech in Biotechnology then you may get job in pharmacy field also although seat is very less. you may try for it.

otherwise i will suggest you to do job with your subject biotechnology. there are so many company which recruit biotechnology student. try to enter ther. surely you will get good job.

also you may try for civil services or job in defense sector. these are also very good option for you. you may also join as a laboratory assistant under a biotechnology researcher.

best wishes.
23rd December 2010, 06:35 PM
henzss

can do M.PHARMA!
OR MBA IN HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT!.........IT INCLUDES IT!
MBA IN HOSPITALITY.......
OR DIRECTLY ACQUIRE SOME EXPERIENCE IN PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LIKE RANBAXY!
U MAY ALSO PROCEED DOING RESEARCH WORK !
23rd December 2010, 07:50 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)If you interested in Pharmacy ,the best option is Enter into the research Field in Pharmacy,but you are not interested in M.Tech Studies for that by working itself you can go for Online study course

2)This are the University conducting Online Course

-->American InterContinental University Online

-->Colorado Technical University

-->Liberty University

-->Everest University

-->Virginia College

#Don't miss your studies,then only you will get good salary and shine well in that,Because competition is less in that Field

Best of luck
23rd December 2010, 09:59 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

hello dear
From my point of view ,if you are not interested in M.TECH than don't go for it
obviously you can definatly get job in many rearch company as well as you can apply for defence services .........
good luck.....
23rd December 2010, 11:13 PM
bikenindia

Hi,
Since you are not interested in doing masters then don't do it.
So, write some exams related to pharma and get some experienced
and you can go to some laboratory where you can enjoy or you can go for government job.

All the best.
4th January 2011, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

i have job of jnr assistant in my hands . but i am studying B.Tech biotechnology .iam very much interested in research.after completion of my B.Tech can i work in major organization like icrisat, biocon, drreddys ,shantha
23rd January 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

i m pursuing Btech in biotechnology &please tell me wt r the openings or hw can i enter the defence after my graduation?????????
26th February 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

I m pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology. Can i do M.Pharm after finishing this?
14th May 2011, 04:32 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
Yah, you can opt pharma as your carrier, and there you can work in R and D(research and developement), department.but for that you should have enough internship and training.moreover you can appear in CBEE(combined biotech entrance exam), conducted by JNU for top 41 universities in india.exam for M.Sc. Entrance, for more information on exam, you can visit-www.jnu.ac.in
if you are much more interested in pharma then you can opt your master degree as M.pharma. From an affiliated university.
Ok, best of luck.
14th May 2011, 04:44 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
It's nice that you have job with study. If wish to work with large scaled industries then, just B.tech is not sufficient for you. You should have at least master degree whether it's in science or technology.and for work with these companies you must have enough internship programs with training experience, for that you should complete your project work and internship programs, along with, if you will try for training in any research based company then there will be more opportunities for you. Listen, biotech is research based sector and before applying in large scaled industries you should have enough qualifications.
P.hd will also groom your carrier and you will have much more scope in this field.
Ok, best of luck.
14th May 2011, 04:54 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
After B.tech you can work in pharma industry in the side of R and D (research and developement), department.
Although if you are much more interested to opt master degree as M.pharma, then you can appear in GATE (graduation aptitude test of engineering), after qualification you will have bright opportunities to complete your master degree in pharma, from well reputated and well recognised universities in india.
Ok, best of luck.
14th May 2011, 05:41 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
You can work in research and developement wing of, research based company after completion of bachelor degree. But its should be noted that biotech is research based sector and you should have enough experience for training and internship before applying in any company.
If you wish to enter in defence as scientist entry then DRDO conducts SET(scientist entry test), for that advertisement are published in daily news paper or employement newspaper in april/may.
But for science disciplene master degree is required to appear in the exam.for more detail on exam you can visit-www.drdo.com
you have another option in the form of CDS (combined defence services), by UPSC twice in a year.
CDS 1st in mid february and CDS 2nd in september.
*Educational qualification-candidate should be graduate from affiliated university with minimum aggregate 60% (for unreserved category) with any disciplene.
*there is age relaxation for reserved category (ST/SC/OBC).
For more information you can visit the official site of UPSC-www.upsc.gov.in
ok, best of luck.
15th June 2011, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

CAN I DO MBA IN PHARMACEUTICAL MANAGEMENT AFTER DOING B.TECH IN BIOTECHNOLOGY?
17th June 2011, 06:45 PM
sachin6

Ok. You can do mpharm. That is good for your future.
31st January 2012, 03:25 PM
Rapchik007

Students can explore job options in the following fields:

Drug and pharmaceutical research
Public funded laboratories
Chemicals
Environment control
Waste management
Energy
Food processing &
Bio-processing industries.

The Government of India provides large-scale employment to most biotechnologists in its research laboratories.
31st January 2012, 08:04 PM
mani_baban

if you do not want to do M.tech then don't go for it. as you have done B.Tech in Biotechnology then you may get job in pharmacy field also although seat is very less. you may try for it.

otherwise i will suggest you to do job with your subject biotechnology. there are so many company which recruit biotechnology student. try to enter ther. surely you will get good job.

also you may try for civil services or job in defense sector. these are also very good option for you. you may also join as a laboratory assistant under a biotechnology researcher.

best wishes.
19th July 2017, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.tech in biotechnology few years back and. I don't have work experience in that field. Now I'm interested in pharmacy field. Do I need to study M.pharm or can do any short term courses? If so what are those.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?