20th March 2013, 04:44 AM
Unregistered

How to do MSc IT after B.Tech? I am interested in teaching

I am interested in teaching.
So if i do M.Sc-IT after Btech, it helps ?
Which would be more good Mtech or MSc ?

Thanks.

20th March 2013, 12:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MSc IT after B.Tech? I am interested in teaching

Dear Friend

First of all I would like to appreciate your decision that is you want to become a teacher because of the fact that teachers are pillars who are responsible for the development of nation by giving their experienced knowledge to the students.

Without teachers ,development ,education and lots more thing are impossible.

As per your query ,you have mentioned that right now your are pursuing you bachelor's degree in technology.There are three options for you to become in a teacher after completion of your degree.

First one is that as per the latest notifications of All India Council for Technical Education,B.etch passed out candidates can join the various engineering colleges as a lecturer.Your salary will start from about 23000 rupees.

Second option ,for you will be to do the Master's degree .Yes master's degree in information technology will definitely help you in teaching line.

If you crack the GATE that is Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering,then you will be able to pursue your master's degree in desired discipline from the various IITs,NITs etc.

After completion of master 's degree ,you can join:

>>the various engineering colleges as an assistant professor with starting salary of approximately Rs 40000

The third and the best option for you will be NET examinations.NET stands for the National eligibility test.

This examination is conducted by the UGC for the post of lecturer and for Junior research fellowship.

For this ,you must have passed your master's degree in any discipline with at least 55% in it .Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>The minimum age limit is 21 years and the upper age limit is 28 for the JRF and no upper age limit for lectureship.

So if you clear the NET exams,you will be able to join various government colleges as a lecturer with handsome salary and pay and perks with all government allowances.

For any further details ,you may visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other query regarding this please leave your message here

all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
20th March 2013, 03:17 PM
krrishh_002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested in teaching.
So if i do M.Sc-IT after Btech, it helps ?
Which would be more good Mtech or MSc ?

Thanks.
Hi,

Your interested in teaching and from your question I guess your from B tech IT only.

Many Engineering colleges offers a assistant lecturer post for the students of B tech in Engg. colleges If you have that ability to teach
no need for doing M.Sc.

For your Knowledge a B tech student is not eligible for M.Sc in any condition. Only M tech or MS or MBA is the choice for any B tech graduate.

Doing M tech will make your chances even better. depends from where you Qualified and how much skills you have.

After M tech Associate professor post will be given to you and with experience in teaching you will go a head.

For teaching field P.Hd is a Boost, A very big achievement and leads you to a professor in any institute across India or even abroad Again depends on university and under whom you have done your P.hd.

So go for Higher Studies get more knowledge so it also helps students to learn from you better.

All the best!!

22nd March 2013, 10:51 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech degree will be more suitable for you. This degree will be better to find a teaching profession in engineering colleges. NET qualification is mandatory to find a job in government engineering colleges. M.Sc degree with NET qualification will also help you to join as Asst Professor in colleges. But as you are an engineering graduate, M.Tech degree will be good for you. B.Tech/M.Tech graduates with a minimum of 55% marks can apply for NET.
22nd March 2013, 04:05 PM
sbgowda

Dear friend
Since you are interested in Teaching.First choose your interested topic of your Btech degree in which you are going to do MSc or M.Tech. If you are interested in science subjects like Physics /Chemistry /Maths choose MSc. Otherwise if you are interested in technical subjects mean go for M.Sc IT.Both are eligible for you to do teaching job. But M.Tech has more value than MSc.
16th June 2013, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

if i want to do M.Sc. in maths after B.Tech(cse) then it will be helpful for me or not as i want to apply for civil services then how much it will help me?
24th August 2013, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

can i do m.sc in chemistary after b.tech?
16th May 2014, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

How to do MSc IT after B.Tech(ECE) ? Is it helpful for me in future ?
22nd May 2014, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

i m also know that should i do MSc IT after B.E(ECE)? because i want master degree n not interested in ME or MTech.
So it will helpful for me to get job in it sector? and what should i do for this? PLZ REVERT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE I WASTE MUCH TIME N NOW I DONT WANNA WASTE ANY MORE TIME. Thanks...
16th August 2015, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

hello, I have done B.Tech in ECE and now I want to do PhD in mathematics so I have to do MSc in mathematics. Can i do MSc after B.tech and if yes, Can i do it correspondence for PhD?
26th June 2019, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Lateral entry possible for Msc Computer Science? After completing Btech Computer Science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?