26th July 2012, 02:09 PM
imhser

Is it compulsory to give the entrance exam for LLB?

hi..maself reshmi,i wld like to knw tht is it compulsory to give entrance exam for llb..im a bcom student.n passed wit gud percentage and let me knw the best colleges for law in mumbai?i would also like to knw abt the admission process in llb.

10th October 2012, 07:17 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to give the entrance exam for LLB?

You should have mentioned the percentage of B.Com. Anyway yes you can take admission in 3 years LLB course without having to appear for entrance exam. There are colleges who offer admission on the merit basis.

LLB is a 3 years long course which has started to be replaced by BA LLB course which is 5 years long. Most colleges these days are preferring to offer BA LLB course to the candidates which can be taken after completing 12th standard. It is mandatory to appear for entrance exam for BA LLB course. The name of entrance exam is CLAT.

There is however no such requirement for LLB course. You can seek direct admission based on the merit. You will have to appear for an interview after which you will be given admission for LLB course.

Although not every college follow this procedure and a large number of them prefer to select candidates through entrance exam. The criteria for entrance exam is:

Eligibility

1. A bachelor degree in any stream.

2. Minimum of 45 percent marks in bachelor degree.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent marks.

4. Age limit for LLB is 30 years.

5. SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

The criteria for admission based on merit is also same. However you will need to have good percentage to make the cut. Below are some colleges that offer admission through merit.

1. Government Law College (Mumbai)

2. Balaji Law College (Pune)

3. ILS Law College (Pune)
10th October 2012, 08:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no compulsion to give entrance exam for admission to LL.B.(Bachelor of Law) Degree. There are many Law Colleges which conduct admission on the basis of mark secured in Graduation level.

As you have passed B.Com. and if you have secured good marks then you can take admission in various Law colleges which conduct admission on the basis of mark secured in Graduation level.

If you you want to take admission to any reputed Law Institution then you have to appear for their entrance exam. For which the candidate should have at least secured 45% marks in Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 30 years.
10th October 2012, 08:47 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no compulsion to give entrance exam for admission to LL.B.(Bachelor of Law) Degree. There are many Law Colleges which conduct admission on the basis of mark secured in Graduation level.

As you have passed B.Com. and if you have secured good marks then you can take admission in various Law colleges which conduct admission on the basis of mark secured in Graduation level.

If you you want to take admission to any reputed Law Institution then you have to appear for their entrance exam. For which the candidate should have at least secured 45% marks in Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 30 years.
10th October 2012, 10:25 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

If you have done B.Com , then you can definitely opt for LLB course.

Eligibility criteria -

Graduation from a recognised university.

Different universities have different minimum percentage requirement. Most of them require minimum of 50% in graduation , ( For SC / ST - 45%)

Age - Minimum 20 years.

Universities offering LLB course -

Delhi University.

Aligarh Muslim University

Allahabad University.

Banaras Hindu University

However , you can also appear for CLAT ( Common Law admission test) , which is conducted for admissions to 14 prestigious national law universities of India.

So you can appear for the entrance test and can get admission on the basis of merit list.
10th October 2012, 10:51 PM
imhser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherleytwain View Post
You should have mentioned the percentage of B.Com. Anyway yes you can take admission in 3 years LLB course without having to appear for entrance exam. There are colleges who offer admission on the merit basis.

LLB is a 3 years long course which has started to be replaced by BA LLB course which is 5 years long. Most colleges these days are preferring to offer BA LLB course to the candidates which can be taken after completing 12th standard. It is mandatory to appear for entrance exam for BA LLB course. The name of entrance exam is CLAT.

There is however no such requirement for LLB course. You can seek direct admission based on the merit. You will have to appear for an interview after which you will be given admission for LLB course.

Although not every college follow this procedure and a large number of them prefer to select candidates through entrance exam. The criteria for entrance exam is:

Eligibility

1. A bachelor degree in any stream.

2. Minimum of 45 percent marks in bachelor degree.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent marks.

4. Age limit for LLB is 30 years.

5. SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

The criteria for admission based on merit is also same. However you will need to have good percentage to make the cut. Below are some colleges that offer admission through merit.

1. Government Law College (Mumbai)

2. Balaji Law College (Pune)

3. ILS Law College (Pune)
:::: actually i havent passed yet in bcom...its my 2 nd year..i just need to confirm if there is any entrance exam or is just about your degree marks tht gives u admission..thanks for the help..can i get to know the colleges eligible for 3 year course llb in mumbai???

i havent passed bcom...im in 2 nd year... i just wanna confirm about the entrance exam.thanks dhirajen

i havent passed bcom...im in 2 nd year... i just wanna confirm about the entrance exam.thanks dhirajen
10th October 2012, 11:21 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............
To join in LLB i.e Bachelor of law , It is not compulsory to appear entrance exam , there are many college in India which give admission to the students according to their Marks in graduation.& There are also some college which organize entrance exam for taking admission in LLB course.

The eligibility criteria :

*The candidates should be a graduate.
*The candidates should not exceed 30 yrs age limit.
*The candidates have to secured at least 50% in aggregate to get good college in case of general category , for other caste it is 45% .

The list of top LAW college in India.

List of best books fro LLB entrance exam:

Good luck..........
4th December 2012, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE GOT A 43% IN T.Y.B.COM AND IAM OPEN CATEGORY THAN HOW TO DO LLB AND WHICH COLLAGE SUITABLE FOR ME IN MUMBAI
26th April 2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

i was completed my B.A in open university i don't have 2 qualification may i apply for llb 3years
24th September 2013, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

HI.. myself shweta. I m a b.com student and passed with 47%. I would like to know that how can i get admission in L.L.B or the last date for admission. Plz. help me in my admission process suggest me the best college according my qualification plz. help me and reply.
3rd November 2013, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Hi i m pavneet passed 12th std . can i opt for llb in 2014??
18th January 2014, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

hello sir...m in B.com 2nd year is going on ??? sO there is necessary to give LLB entrance exam ? or directly i will get admission in LAW COLLEGE ????????
19th May 2014, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 68% in graduation.. BA ENGLISH (HONS).. i want to go for judicial services .. so plz suggest me some best law colleges in mumbai and hyderabad... in which i can take direct admission...
5th October 2014, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I have passed fybcom exam completely,also appear for sy/fybcom in pune univetsity exam but didn't passed this examination so afterwords after the gap of 8 years I have taken the admission in ycmou university in b.a..sir I want to ask u after this8years gap period.can I eligible to appear for llb exam .today I am 33.
9th January 2015, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

If i have not 45 perset marks in graduation (B.com) Then first is that..I am able to Direct admisson in ll.b. in any other state?
And 2nd is this that ... what persent is compelsory in entrance exam of ll.b. ?
20th February 2017, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

I have passed B.A in public administration from IGNOU a few years ago now I would like to get admission in L.L.B .My question is can I do it without joining any college? Similarly any Open university also conduct L.L.B course?
24th July 2017, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my BA degree. Should I write any entrance for doing LLB in SLS or in any other law school? My age is 19. I'm in my first yr. Can we write CLAT this year (2018) and use the marks later when I apply for LLB in future for getting admitted in merit based colleges for pursuing LLB?
30th December 2018, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Next year 2019, I will clear my class 12 exam. And also give the others Entrance exam for Law.Is it compulsory for entrance exam to take admission in Law collegeż
26th May 2019, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Hello I passed BCOM this year...I want to take direct admission in law college for 3 yrs llb...should I pay any donation for seat or only a college fee..
28th May 2019, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I've passed my 12th standard with 96%.Can I get free seat in BA LLB after 12th without giving entrance exam???
11th June 2019, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I have passed n got 60% in my TYBCom n I want to purse for LLB does it is compulsory to clear entrance exam or not.... If without entrance exam I can get admission so please suggest me colleges in Mumbai with gives direct admission
22nd January 2020, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi... I am in TYBMS and i want to do llb so can i get admission in law clg without giving entrance exam?
15th April 2020, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Age limit for LLB ; can anyone having age 41 can do LLB
11th May 2020, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

If there is any provision that after 60 years age one can take degree of law .He is already graduate from art side in 1985.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?