17th April 2019, 04:22 PM
Shreshta singh

Which course in Graduation would help me to become an Army Officer?

I want to know which course is appropriate for becoming an Army Officer in high rank and want to know the names of Army Officers who became officer from these subjects and also know which course is good B.Tech Computer Science or B.Sc Computer Science for becoming an Army Officer? Also, tell me about entrance requirements.

29th April 2019, 02:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course in Graduation would help me to become an Army Officer?

You can join Indian Army as an officer after bachelor degree through Combined Defence Service examination.

The minimum required qualification to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 19-25 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages and you have to appear and qualify in both stages of examination for final selection.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2019, 08:54 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

At bachelor's degree, there are two exams for entering into Defence called Air Force Common Admission Test and Combined Defence Services examination. For Indian Army, graduates in any discipline can apply.

But for Air Force and Navy, B.Sc or B.Tech is necessary. The most suitable course for you will be Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science.
30th April 2019, 02:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CDS provides a better opportunity for candidates to join the Indian Army as an officer.

The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised univerrsity.

So, you can pursue any course B.Tech or B.Sc if you want to join the Army as an officer.

To get more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2019, 05:07 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have passed bachelor degree or in the final year of the course are eligible to appear for the CDS.

After qualifying in the CDS examination the candidates will become eligible to get the service in Indian Army and other service.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or in the final year of the course.

Candidate age limit is 19-24 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages :-

Written.

SSB.

So, you have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2019, 07:40 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Indian Army as an officer after trhe bachelor degree you can appear and qualify in the CDS examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year in two stagees.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree and age limit is 19-25 years.

So, you can prepare for the examination as per the syllabus for the final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?