28th September 2015, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for joining Indian Army? Is Diploma enough for joining Army?

Sir, i am a student of diploma in electrical engineering. I am studying in 4th semester. My age is 20 years. My height is 5 feet 2 inches. I want to join Army. So give me details.

29th September 2015, 12:03 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for joining Indian Army? Is Diploma enough for joining Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am a student of diploma in electrical engineering. I am studying in 4th semester. My age is 20 years. My height is 5 feet 2 inches. I want to join Army. So give me details.
It is good to see your interest in joining in Indian army but you are not satisfying the age limit needed for applying for the entrance exam as it is the general procedure for joining in the defence forces and there are many entrance exams which are conducted in India based on the qualification of the candidate.

In the case of yours, you are satisfying the needed educational qualification for applying for entrance exam but in the other case you have just crossed the age limit needed for applying for the entrance exam. The exam which you could have applied is the NDA Exam and this is one of the defence service exams and as per the age limit needed for the exam it is that candidate should have 16 1/2- 19 1/2 years but you are 20 years which makes you ineligible for applying.

To know more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th September 2015, 12:06 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for joining Indian Army? Is Diploma enough for joining Army?

No, Diploma holder in any way cannot join Indian Army. The minimum educational qualification to join Indian Army is either "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern or Graduation in 10+2+3 (or) 10+2+4 pattern. As you are either not a 12th Candidate or a Graduate, you are not eligible to join Indian Army. My best suggestion to you is to pursue "Graduate Degree" after Diploma in Engineering in order to be eligible.

Possible Ways to join Indian Army:

<< Through National Defense Academy >>
* Minimum 12th Class in 10+2 pattern qualification is required
* Maximum Age must not exceed 19 years
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS

<< Through Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam>>
* Minimum Bachelor Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from any recognized university is required.
* Maximum Age must not exceed 24 years
* Since you are Diploma candidate, you can pursue B.E/ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering in order to appear in CDS Exam.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS
29th September 2015, 12:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
29th September 2015, 08:13 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No absolutely you are not eligible to Indian Army . Since you don't have either 10+2 or graduation. Any candidate who wants apply for " Indian Army " must need 10+2 (NDA) or Graduation (CDS) ".

Here we are giving the two options available to get into Indian Army.

<> Through Intermediate -- NDA Examination

<> Through Graduation --- CDS Examination.

Age imits may vary from type of Examination. And For NDA you should have age in between 161/2 to 19 years.

For CDS You should have age in between 19 to 23 years.
19th May 2016, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

I am a girl I have given my 12 class non medical exams ,so how could I join army
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?