27th November 2015, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Criteria for being local candidate for MH-CET exam?

My daughter is studying in maharashtra since class 5 and now she will complete class 12 . Will she be a local candidate for MH-CET exam. Both parents are not natives of Maharashtra. We are working here since 8 years

15th September 2016, 04:27 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria for being local candidate for MH-CET exam?

MH CET stands for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test. This is state level common entrance test conducted by State government of Maharashtra for technical courses. Earlier admission to MBBS and BDS courses was also done on basis of ranks secured in this examination but now it will be done on basis of NEET scorecard.

Academic eligibility criteria for local candidate for engineering courses is that you must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with 45% marks for general and OBC candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates. Board appearing candidates are also eligible for this exam. For engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics is necessary and for Biotechnology, biology must be one subject in 10+2. Local candidates get certain percentage of reservation in total number of seats in admissions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?