4th January 2013, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Difference between VLSI and Embedded? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and communication at Rajasthan

my name is somaiya hitesh, i m doing b-tech in electronics and communication at rajasthan in udaipur. i needed some information for embedded and vlsi system...

so what is the difference b/w of vlsi and embedded.... and many more doughts me...

so plz.......................

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job in VLSI domain having S.S.C 76.3%, Inter 73.6, B.Tech 58.68% (E.C.E) marks?
  2. How to do M.Tech? Are there any branches being offered like VLSI and Embedded?
  3. Best training institutes for VLSI design training in bangalore? I am doing btech ece
  4. How to do M.Tech in IIT in VLSI and Embedded System Engineering? I have done B.Tech in Electronics and Computer Engineering
  5. Which branch is better for M.Tech for electronics & communication engineering?
  6. Courses after Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Btech? VLSI and Embedded Systems Courses good for career? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What are the short term courses that can be done in Electronics and Communication branch? Are the courses like Embedded system, VLSI beneficial for me? How much is the salary?
  8. Are Industrial training really beneficial in getting placed in core semiconductor companies? Which stream to opt Embedded or VLSI? -- [New]
  9. Where can I do the course on Embedded System for summer training? I am a B.Tech electronics and communication student
  10. How should I join VLSI full time course? I have done B.E in electronics and communication engineering
  11. Should I choose VLSI, Power Electronics or Embedded Systems?
  12. Will there be any problem at the time of job interview in Embedded Systems or VLSI if did training in Communication field?
  13. Syllabus for ECE branch to write PGECET exam?
  14. Which field is better between VLSI and Embedded in future?
  15. List of top 10 universities in US for MS in VLSI or Embedded system
  16. Various career opportunities available for a btech electronics and communication student?
  17. Short term courses that can be done in Electronics and Communication branch?
  18. Which short term courses can in done in Electronics and Communication branch?
11th May 2013, 08:52 PM
gonegone
Member+

Default Re: Difference between VLSI and Embedded? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and communication at Rajasthan

Embedded system is the term used to any computing system that is used to perform a limited or specialized task. Unlike a general purpose computer that can perform a wide variety of tasks and is very complex, an embedded system is rather simplistic and does not have unnecessary hardware. ATMs, routers, calculators, and mobile phones are a few examples of devices that have embedded systems in them.
On the other hand, VLSI stand for Very Large Scale Integration, which is a term used to describe the complexity of an integrated circuit by giving a generalized idea of how many transistors are within the circuit. Integrated circuits that contain thousands of transistors in a single package are classified as VLSI with other terms like MSI or ULSI among others, used to describe other integrated circuits with fewer or more transistors.
3rd August 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between VLSI and Embedded? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and communication at Rajasthan

I want to make a bright future in semiconductor chip manufacturing but i'm confused about choosing vlsi or es. Also let me know the opportunities of both.even i'm planning for a foreign study???
Please mail me your suggestions at [email protected]
regards
1st February 2014, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

what is the main difference between vlsi and embeded systems with examples
26th March 2016, 04:23 PM
work@home

Embedded Systems are simply computing devices that are used for standalone applications unlike computers that can perform multiple tasks. For example, the Air Conditioner, Washing Machine, MP3 player or such are a product of embedded systems. And learning embedded system includes learning languages like embedded c or specific micro controller codings.

Whereas VLSI stands for Very Large Scale Integration performes arranging minute transistors in a silicon wafer for the manufacturing of IC's.

Both fields are quiet intellectual and well needed establishment for a better future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?