29th January 2022, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Diploma Civil engineer can change to Petroleum engineering in B.Tech?

Hi I am a student doing diploma in civil engineering after 10th so can I change my stream in b.tech in petroleum engineering?

30th January 2022, 10:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma Civil engineer can change to Petroleum engineering in B.Tech?

You are not eligible to change the stream through lateral entry.

You can pursue Petroleum engineering after appearing for JEE and qualifying in it to secure better rank and get admission in institution of your choice.
30th January 2022, 10:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma Civil engineer can change to Petroleum engineering in B.Tech?

Candidates are not eligible to change the stream if pursuing B.Tech through lateral entry.

You are eligible to get admission in Petroleum engineering after appearing and qualifying in the JEE and entrance exam conducted by institution for admission in 1st year of B. Tech course.
30th January 2022, 11:28 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma civil engineer can't change to petroleum engineering in BTech .
31st January 2022, 11:51 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Civil engineer is completely different from petroleum engineering.
In order to become a petroleum engineer , one must have a bachelor's degree in engineering .
However a bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical or chemical engineering may meet employer requirements.

You can also change your course from civil to any other branch of engineering and you will get admission through lateral entry.
31st January 2022, 03:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

LEET is conducted for admission in B.Tech course after completion of diploma degree. Candidates are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of the course.

But, not possible to change the stream. So, you are not eligible to get admission in petroleum engineering after diploma in civil through lateral entry.
31st January 2022, 07:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You can change to Petroleum engineering but after qualifying in JEE and other engineering entrance examination. The admission will be in the first year of the course.

Candidates cannot change the stream through lateral entry in which candidates with diploma course are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of the course.
31st January 2022, 08:37 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is a lateral entry scheme for candidates who have done diploma to get admission directly in second year of Bachelor of Technology course.

1. The entrance exam for Diploma candidate is Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

2. To apply for LEET exam, you need to have minimum of 60% marks in Diploma course.

You can change your stream in graduation. Depending upon your rank in JEE or LEET exam, you can get admission in top engineering colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?