10th May 2011, 01:30 AM
garima2

Distance MBA or regular MBA: Better option?

if i do distance mba wil it profit me or i should go for fulltime mba.................

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between regular MBA course and MBA course in Distance Learning? Top Institutes offering MBA course in Distance Learning?
  2. Regular MBA is better after M.Pharm or distance MBA while working is better?
  3. Will it be a good option to choose PTU for MBA distance education? Is it accepted by industries? Which one to choose between regular and distance education?
  4. Difference between distance and regular MBA?
  5. How to go for regular MBA or distance?
  6. Should I go for Regular MBA or Distance MBA? Which MBA schools are there in Hyderabad?
  7. Provisional admission after doing BBA?
  8. Should I go for MBA regular course or MBA distance course while working in Crystal Ceremic industry as a development officer?
  9. Regular MBA vs. Correspondence (distance) MBA -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Should I choose Executive MBA or Regular MBA?
  11. Regular MBA or one year MBA with B.tech, better option for student of B.Tech MBA integrated (5-year) course from LPU?
  12. Is it possible to get admission into MBA with 42.5%? Best institute for MBA in Distance Learning?
  13. Distance MBA in Hospital Administration or distance MBA in Healthcare, which is better?
  14. Should I do MBA in distance or regular?
  15. Can i study MBA in any university being a distance B.Com candidate? Is it equivalent to regular B.Com?
  16. What are the scope of doing MBA through distance learning? Is it different from the regular course?
  17. Which type of MBA will help me after completing distance BBA?
  18. Which is best among MBA in hospital administration and MBA in healthcare management after completion of M.Sc course? -- [New]
10th May 2011, 10:01 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Default Re: Distance MBA or regular MBA: Better option?

it sure that fulltime will be the best . but you should go for fulltime course if you have 1 or more than 1 year experiance ,, it will the best/.....
10th May 2011, 01:19 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Distance MBA or regular MBA: Better option?

hi girima, it is always better Regular course. Because you can able to know better only in regular classes.

So ,my choice is regular course is better choice.

Good Luck.
10th May 2011, 01:47 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Distance MBA should be considered only by those with several years of work experience. The Distance MBA course has been designed for those who are not able to go for regular classes due to their job.
Now, if you one of them, there is no other option than pursuing distance MBA, but if you have graduated recently and not engaged in a full time job, it would be better to pursue regular full time MBA from a reputed B-School.
MBA, if pursued from a good B-School will definitely fetch you professional success and therefore, regular MBA must be preferred. Distance MBA is best suited for working professionals and it should not be opted by fresh graduates.
2nd July 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

How do you rate the MBA course being offered by Indian School of Business Management & Administration (ISBM) , Hyderabad. Does ISBM Certificate valid ? AICTE accredited or not ?
6th February 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

i think regular mba is better than distant mba...
yes but doing regular mba ,you lack job experience. but by doing regular mba you get a good salary and also the quality of studying is very good. mba is totally dependent on your managing skills which is also dependent on the environment of studying.by doing regular mba, environment of studying is very good.
10th February 2012, 09:26 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by garima2 View Post
if i do distance mba wil it profit me or i should go for fulltime mba.................
HI,
If you really want to do M.B.A then you go for regular/ Full time course that will give you more benefit..

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> C.A.T
> M.A.T
> X.A.T
> G.M.A.T
> R.MA.T

Top M.B.A college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)

Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)

Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)

XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur

ISB - Indian School of Business, Hyderabad

FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi

Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM K - Calicut)

GOOD LUCK!
23rd June 2012, 12:11 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Distance MBA or regular MBA: Better option?

Hi

MBA - Masters in Business Administration.

This is one of the top most post graduation courses in the market as of now. So there are huge number of aspirants of this course.

Now you may know the Basic Eligibility Criteria to take up this course is that a candidate should be a minimum graduate in ANY stream from a recognized college or university.

Coming to your query, I would personally suggest you to take up MBA Regular. This is because of a few reasons :-

-> It has got more scope in getting good jobs, and it is always considered over MBA Distance degrees by the top companies.

-> There will always be a harassment of going to the centers for the examinations and also the study momentum would never gain.

-> If you have work, then of course the MBA Distance is the only option. Otherwise I would suggest you to take up the MBA Regular.

-> Also pay packages offered vary by a lot margin between the Regular and Distance.

Keeping this things in mind, the final decision is yours. If you want to know about the Entrances, they are CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, SNAP, etc..

Top MBA colleges in India are the IIM's, XLRI, FMS, IMT, etc..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
23rd June 2012, 03:32 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Distance MBA will not lead to any professional placement and thus if you want to shift to management if would be difficult for you .But if you are working and don't want to quit your job, you can join a Distance MBA in a reputed institute.There are many good universities that provide the program. ICFAI, Bangalore Univ, Nalanda, Symbiosis, Annamalai Universities are few of the universities that provide the distance education program for MBA.

Regular MBA is more preferable than distance MBA. Certificate of MBA can not useful for promotion as it is only post graduation course it will useful to get good post in the company .

A regular MBA from reputed B-schools would be more beneficial as it provides placement and has much greater value than distance MBA.A part time MBA also wont lead to any placement but it is better than distance MBA since you gain some classroom knowledge and contacts which is way better than distance MBA.But remember this also wont lead to placement.

However regular MBA in well recognized universities like IIM, BITS, XLRI, NITIE are taken up by many passouts as well as experienced candidates. Experience is also encouraged and considered as one of the eligibility criteria in these eminent universities. If one completes the MBA program from these universities they are sure to get placed. One needs good CAT score to get into these universities.
23rd June 2012, 11:50 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for distance MBA only when you are working and side by side you want to do this course to gain more knowledge in your field. Then you can easily take study leave and pursuing this kind of course while working in a company always proves to be useful.
But if you go to a company with a correspondence MBA, then a student with full time MBA degree will get more importance.

Thus it is always recommended to opt for full time courses as that will open more avenues for you. More options will be available and you will be spoilt for choice
23rd June 2012, 12:55 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
MBA is Masters in Business Administration.
In my opinion regular MBA is much better then MBA correspondence.
Because in regular you get good job in your future and you have also opportunity to get job on campus placement.And you will get more knowledge and more interest when you join regular MBA.
But if you cant do it regular then you can also do correspondence but in my opinion with MBA correspondence you have to do a job because it will help full for you in your future.Because when you apply for job after MBA yoi have degree of MBA and also have work experience which will help you.
Good Luck
24th June 2012, 08:05 PM
GURINDER BILLING

HELLO DEAR.....!!!!

-->MBA is Masters in Business Administration.

-->In my opinion regular MBA is much better then MBA correspondence.
Because in regular you get good job in your future and you have also opportunity to get job on campus placement.

-->And you will get more knowledge and more interest when you join regular MBA.

-->But if you cant do it regular then you can also do correspondence but in my opinion with MBA correspondence you have to do a job because it will help full for you in your future.Because when you apply for job after MBA yoi have degree of MBA and also have work experience which will help you.

BEST MBA COLLEGES ARE AS FOLLOWS:-

GO AHEAD....ALL THE BEST....
24th June 2012, 08:10 PM
GURINDER BILLING

HELLO DEAR.....!!!!

Because in regular you get good job in your future and you have also opportunity to get job on campus placement.

-->But if you cant do it regular then you can also do correspondence but in my opinion with MBA correspondence you have to do a job because it will help full for you in your future.Because when you apply for job after MBA yoi have degree of MBA and also have work experience which will help you.

25th June 2012, 07:15 PM
mitesh1995

Hello friend,

Distance MBA should be considered only by
those with several years of work experience.
The Distance MBA course has been designed
for those who are not able to go for regular
classes due to their job.
Now, if you one of them, there is no other
option than pursuing distance MBA, but if
you have graduated recently and not
engaged in a full time job, it would be better
to pursue regular full time MBA from a
reputed B-School.
MBA, if pursued from a good B-School will
definitely fetch you professional success and
therefore, regular MBA must be preferred.
Distance MBA is best suited for working
professionals and it should not be opted by
fresh graduates.
25th June 2012, 07:48 PM
mitesh1995

HELLO DEAR.....!!!!
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIMC)
15th August 2012, 02:19 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

MBA itself is a better option for good future..

But According to good job placement Regular MBA is better then distance MBA.

So, if you are aspiring to get better job at reputed companies then regular MBA is good choice....
5th September 2012, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

hi.
i m haveing financial problem,..and doing job too..want to do MBA will u suggest me the best way to purse MBA...is distance MBA is beneficial in company point of view...
thank u..
5th June 2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

My self teekam kumawat, I m pursuing mcom(finance) from central university of rajasthan. I have done my graduation from rajasthan university. my age at this time 19 yrs., I want to go in corporate sector. I m confused two thing , i want to do mba regular after mcom but some time i think that i can do mba distance(finance).so please give me what is suitable suggestion for me.thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?