5th June 2013, 11:04 PM
camar

Does biotechnology offer good scope in future?

I have completed my 10 + 2 and whant to do biotechnology in future but, I don't know what to do , apply for which course?

Does biotechnology had a good scope in future?

23rd September 2013, 10:33 PM
DIVYAMME

Default Re: Does biotechnology offer good scope in future?

yes, your carree choosing option is correct.i think first you visit this website.It is very useful to you.

www.biotechinstitute.org/
24th September 2013, 09:32 AM
Mattyjkk

Default Re: Does biotechnology offer good scope in future?

I always believe if you are looking for a career in BIOTECHNOLOGY, you definitely need to plan ahead. Most of the biotech aspirants are not truly opted for BIOTECHNOLOGY. Reason is simple, before coming to BIOTECHNOLOGY, like me, you might have tried your luck in Medicine entrance exams.

It is not because we don’t have jobs, it’s just planning and finding information. Let me give an example. During my MSc studies, in first year I have decided that I will be doing research. So I need a fellowship to get in to PhD. So I started preparing for GATE and CSIR exams from beginning of the second year and prepared so well that I was able to clear my GATE and got admission in JNTU. Some of my classmates might have thought I am crazy for getting ready for so early for the exams.
My request for you is start ahead and plan at least one year before what you want to do.

#2 Mentor

I strongly believe everybody needs a mentor in life. It is true for BIOTECHNOLOGY as well. Find a lecturer in your college or research institute, whom you believe successful/active interested in what you want to do and take help from him/her. He/She will guide you not only in project/future work; moreover you get a good reference letter.

#3 Field

I get a lot of questions asking which field good/best for PhD or project work. Similarly, I had a problem of selecting a field during my PhD. Best thing is find a subject you really like during your course. I am not giving different areas because each one is different and have its own significance. Click here to know Biotechnology trust areas.
In my case I chose my field according to the opportunities I got during my postdoc studies. So I started as microbiologist and now I am purely enzymologist.

#4 Internet
Now a days with internet, we are flooded with information. Please spend some time on web find out which sites are offering admissions, fellowships or biotechnology jobs (for example helpBIOTECH, Moster, Naukri etc. Register with them to get u
24th September 2013, 12:51 PM
Nithinkec

Smile Re: Does biotechnology offer good scope in future?

Hello,
There are lots of courses available to study. Each and every course is useful. It depends on how we learn it. In college, they will not teach everything. We should devote ourselves to our course and search our topics in Library and also in internet. Read novels related to your course and improve your knowledge. Discuss with those people who passed and also your seniors they will help you more. They will provide more knowledge to you. All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?