28th September 2010, 01:57 PM
dsvkannagi

Eligibility criteria for doing Bioinformatics Graduation and PG? How good are the career placements after this course? List of recognized and good colleges in India?

I wish to Know the Following.

1) What are the Eligibility criterian for Bio Informatics Graduation and Post Graduation?
2) How good are Career Placements Post this course in next 5-7 years( Both in India and Globally)?
3) Which are the recogonised &Good Colleges In India and their Address &Fee structure..

Thanks,
regards,
venkat

3rd June 2011, 06:50 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for doing Bioinformatics Graduation and PG? How good are the career placements after this course? List of recognized and good colleges in India?

Bioinformatics is the main application of Computer Technology to manage the biological information for the service of the biological problem.

Eligibility:

1:you should have a degree or diploma from a recognized college/university in Biotechnology or related field.

2:You should have a good English proficiency.

3:you should have the fundamental knowledge in PC(Personal Computer) ,.web browser etc.

You should have some knowledge
in

Programming and scripting (C, Perl, HTML, Java).

Data Storage, management and analysis (Oracle, SQL)

Computer operating systems (UNIX, Windows);

Computer applications used in this field;

Current molecular biology laboratory techniques.

There are so many Institutions like:

1r. D. Y. Patil Institute for Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Mumbai

2:Bioinformatics Institute of India, Noida (U.P)

3:The University of Pune, Maharashtra .

4:Madurai Kamaraj University,Madurai

5:Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Delhi, New Delhi

6:Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB),Bangalore
4th June 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for doing Bioinformatics Graduation and PG? How good are the career placements after this course? List of recognized and good colleges in India?

what is the eligibility for bioinfomatics maths is needed in plus two level
5th August 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

can i do bioinformatics after Bsc maths
31st January 2012, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

what is eligibility for bioinformatic in 12th class ???
23rd December 2012, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

can i take M.tech in bioinformatics after M.Sc in botany
23rd July 2013, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

i have done btech in ECE,, can i aplly for this??
23rd July 2013, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

23rd July 2013, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

24th August 2013, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

can i do bioinformatics after my b.pharm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?