23rd August 2016, 12:30 AM
Umendra.

Eligibility to do Civil Engineering after B.Com?

I am third year B.Com. student. After my graduation I want to do Civil Engineering, as it has good scope. Can you please tell me I am eligible to do Civil Engineering or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?
  2. Difference between B.Com and B.Com honours?
  3. Eligibility to do Civil Engineering after B.Com?
  4. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  5. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  6. Which MBA stream to choose after Civil Engineering? Is there anything called MBA in Civil?
  7. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  8. Can a B.Tech civil engineering graduate apply for M.Arch admission?
  9. Will I get a job in bank after completing 12th in science stream?
  10. Eligibility requirement and fee expense for M.Tech in Civil engineering in Canada?
  11. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate?
  12. List of top colleges for M.Tech(Correspondence) in Civil Engineering. What's the eligibility criteria and fee structures? Can M.Tech and Ph.D be done in continuation with in a time span of 4-5 years?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for T.Y.Bcom after completion of 12th standard?
  14. What is the eligibility for faculty position at civil engineering?
  15. List of top 10 civil engineering companies in India? What's the eligibility criteria for those companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to do correspondence B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completing diploma in Civil Engineering
  17. How much should I score in my each semester of Civil Engineering to get a job in PWD? Do the marks scored in each semester play a vital role in eligibility criteria? -- [New]
  18. Is the form of Jharkhand Polytechnic available in Market now? Last date of submission of form?
27th August 2016, 12:41 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do Civil Engineering after B.Com?

Civil engineering is one of the professional engineering stream which deals with the construction field. It is a four-year undergraduate degree course related to Engineering.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Civil Engineering course from a Government recognised institution are eligible to pursue Civil Engineering course.

Admissions in Civil Engineering course are offered through National or State or University level entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, BITSAT, etc.,. You must have to appear and qualify the entrance examination to get admission in Civil Engineering course.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are pursuing third year B.Com course right now, so, if you have passed your 12th standard with PCM stream subjects from a recognised board, you are eligible to do Civil Engineering course else, you are not eligible to pursue Civil Engineering course.
31st August 2016, 10:56 PM
veera7385
Junior Member+

Eligibility to do Civil Engineering after B.Com

You are eligible to do B.E in civil engineering if you have done any one of the following course.

>>H.S.C or 12th class with PCM stream
>>Diploma in civil engineering

Top colleges for B.E civil engineering are

Indian School of Mines (ISM)

Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Bombay

Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD)

Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT Kharagpur)

Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK)

Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT Madras)

Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS-Pilani)

Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IITR)

Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IITG)

Delhi Technological University (DTU)

29th October 2020, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

i want to do diploma engineering in civil
31st October 2020, 09:11 AM
chin6303

Smile Re: Eligibility to do Civil Engineering after B.Com?

Eligibility to do Civil Engineering after B.Com

The eligibility to do Civil Engineering is Candidates who have completed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Civil Engineering course from a Government recognised institution are eligible to pursue Civil Engineering course.

There is no preference to do Civil Engineering after completed B. Com. You can appear entrance test of engineering.
1st November 2020, 11:23 AM
Sharath Rai

The information you have mentioned in your query was you are pursuing third year B.Com course right now. Therefore If you have passed your 12th standard with PCM stream subjects from a recognised board, you are eligible to do Civil Engineering course, Otherwise you are not eligible to pursue Civil Engineering course.
Or else you have to do any diploma courses on civil engineering.
7th June 2021, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

have no option to do civil engineering after b.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?