11th October 2010, 09:39 PM
praveen270289

Eligibility in MCA Entrance Exams with low percentage in 12th (10+2)?

dear sir i have completed my graduation in bca with an aggregate of 71% and have maths at 10+2 level as main subject . but I have aggregate 53% in 10+2 . I am willing to do mca from any top colleges in India .

can you please send me the list of enterance examination I am eligible for so that i can prepare for them.

an early reply would be highly appreciative

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get a job in MNC with low academic score?
  2. How can I get job in IT/Software field with this low percentage?
  3. JNU MCA eligibility based on percentage in 10th, 12th and Graduation (BCA) -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I do M.Tech from private institute? I've completed B.Sc and 12th std with less than 50% marks and MCA and 10th with more than 60% marks
  5. How should I prepare for MCA entrance exam? My 10th percentage is below 60
  6. Affordable MCA colleges which take admissions through entrance exams?
  7. What is the importance of 12th marks for studying in abroad?
  8. What is the eligibility for MCA entrance exam? I am doing BCA and want to do MCA
  9. How to get into IIM after scoring low marks in 12th?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria followed for applying MCA entrance exam?
  11. Eligibility for MCA entrance exams?
  12. Low percentage in 12th: How to get good Government Jobs and Prepare for Higher Studies?
  13. Is it difficult to get admission in any Architecture college at Abroad if secured low percentage in 10th? Entrance exams to study Architecture in Abroad?
  14. Eligibility for MCA after getting 64% marks in BCA, 54% marks in 12th and 58.6% marks in 10th. Entrance exams details to take admission in MCA?
  15. Will it be a problem if I have low percentage in 12th to attend campus placements?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exam is required? -- [New]
  17. PTU MCA 1st Sem-Programming in C (MCA-102) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Low percentage in 10th will affect my future studies?
12th October 2010, 09:40 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility in MCA Entrance Exams with low percentage in 12th (10+2)?

Dear friend,

It is very good to know that you want to pursue MCA after completing graduation.

You need to have at least 50% marks in 12th and must have maths as a main subject.

So,there will be no problem for you to appear in the entrance test.

Different universities and institutes in India conduct entrance tests for admission to MCA courses.
So various entrance exams are there and it depends on you which university or institute you want to join.

Here are some top universities offering MCA:

Pune University,

Delhi University,

J. N. U., New Delhi,

R.E.C. Trichy,

MNIT, Allahabad,

B.H.U.,

IIT Roorkee,

ICSE Indore,

V.J.T.I., Mumbai,

Jalgaon University .

MCA Entrance test consists of objective questions on conceptual maths,general aptitude,mental ability tests etc.

So prepare in the best way you can!

All the best buddy!
12th October 2010, 09:44 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility in MCA Entrance Exams with low percentage in 12th (10+2)?

Dear friend,

It is very good to know that you want to pursue MCA after completing graduation.

You need to have at least 50% marks in 12th and must have maths as a main subject.

So,there will be no problem for you to appear in the entrance test.

Different universities and institutes in India conduct entrance tests for admission to MCA courses.
So various entrance exams are there and it depends on you which university or institute you want to join.

Here are some top universities offering MCA:

Pune University,

Delhi University,

J. N. U., New Delhi,

R.E.C. Trichy,

MNIT, Allahabad,

B.H.U.,

IIT Roorkee,

ICSE Indore,

V.J.T.I., Mumbai,

Jalgaon University .

MCA Entrance test consists of objective questions on conceptual maths,general aptitude,mental ability tests etc.

So prepare in the best way you can!

All the best buddy!
19th October 2010, 08:11 PM
shreyasriv

Obviously you are eligible for MCA entrance exam.There are few colleges that demand for above 60% .So,you can try for it after getting knowledge which colleges wants it or not through the internet which solve your problem easily.
15th November 2010, 06:55 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...
yes,you are eligible..they donot consider your pu marks..they wil give you admission based on your bca score card..

good luck
15th November 2010, 11:41 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for MCA exam which will consider your graduation marks mostly than +2 marks so keep hoping....
ALL THE BEST.......
21st November 2010, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility in MCA Entrance Exams with low percentage in 12th (10 2)?

what is the minimum requiremet for getting a govt. college to study MCA?? And can i sit for mca exam with 47% of marks in 10 2 and 80% of marks in bca?
1st December 2010, 05:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Firstly Congratulations ! Scored good percentage in BCA.

I am really impressed that, you are doing MCA after completing your graduation.

In now a days, Master degree has its own importance. So, please go for MCA without any hesitation. You are definately eligible for MCA, because for MCA, you have to scored minimum 50% marks in 12th exams with Maths.

But you have scored, good marks in garuation, then definately you are eligible for MCA.

If you want to do MCA from top colleges like DU, then you have to appear in the entrance exams, after clear this exams, you will get admission in MCA.

So, please prepare yourself for such type of entrance exams, then definately you will get good colleges of MCA.
1st December 2010, 06:22 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Dear friend...
You are eligible for MCA entrance,you have a IT background like BCA which may be help you in PG. You have a 53% marks in 10+2 exem this is enough to appling for MCA. Dont warry,just Prepare for your MCA entrance...

I will suggest you some university those are -------->>>

West Bengal University of Technology(WBUT)
Punjab Technical University(PTU)
Indira Ghandhi National Open University(IGNOU)
Sikkim Manipal University(SMU)
1st December 2010, 06:34 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Dear friend there is no need to worry. at this level your graduation marks are more important than your +2 marks.and your graduation marks is satisfactory. so you are elligible and can take admission in mca. there are some really good like-B.H.U, IITs
1st December 2010, 10:51 PM
revanth

the following are varoius entrance tests you could appear for..

BIT Mersa 2010
NIMCET 2010
Delhi University Entrance Test 2010
AMU Entrance Examination 2010
JECA 2010
VIT Entrance Exam- 2010
Thapar University MCA Entrance Test 2010
Shivaji University MCA Entrance Test
ICFAI MCA Entrance Test
Calicut University MCA Entrance Test

their eligibility includes a bca degree with 50- 60% of marks in aggregate.
so you are eligible for them. they donot ask for your 10+2 marks.
2nd December 2010, 11:05 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

With 71 percent in BCA and 53 in 12th ...you will be eligible for mca....you can go for ignou.
13th December 2010, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility in MCA Entrance Exams with low percentage in 12th (10 2)?

hi i am vipin i will get 69 % in hsc and after that i will do bcom in that i will get 51 % and now i want to go for mca can i go.......
25th December 2010, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

hi i am abhijit,i want to do mca i got 74% in 12 and i am doing bsc(h)computer science from delhi university and most likely i will get between 50-60% in this....am i eligible fr entrance exams? suggest me some colleges......and wat abt if i opt for mba.....
11th January 2011, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

hey i am anna i completed my bcs(IT) wid 53.19% and want to do mca can i plzzz help me.....
15th January 2011, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

hi i am gangadhar , i got 53%marks in 12th but not with maths ,but i am in the final year of BCA with maths papers .i want to do mca. so can i go for mca ?
23rd January 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

my precentage is 52 precent in graduation what i can given the entrence of mca
31st January 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

i have ot 57% in 10 2 and 80% in B.C.A from SMUDE.
am i eligible for mca entrence JNU,DU,REC,BHU,NIT,Pune UNIV,.
1st February 2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

MY HOPE JOING MCA IN VIT MY PERCENTAG IS 58% IN GRADUVAT POSSIBLE R NOT?
7th February 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

HIIII
well m very much worried coz i have secured 49% in my 12th but in my graduation i have secured 70 % aggregate... so can ny body lemme knw whether i ll be eligible for MCA entrance exam?????
13th February 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE SCORED 49.46% IN 12TH EXAM WITH MATHS 37%...............................AM I ABLE TO GIVE MCA ENTERENCE EXAMS? PLZZZZZZZ GIVE SOME SUGGESTION
14th February 2011, 07:35 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Eligibility in MCA Entrance Exams with low percentage in 12th (10+2)?

dear friend
yes you are eligible for MCA because for MCA entrance only 50%marks is required and that' you can give this exam and you got admission in good colleges.for MCA math is very important and you give exam with math.
14th February 2011, 10:23 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, if you want to do MCA from very good university then minimum 55% above is required.

but some university wants only 50% marks in 12th.

but math is compulsory required.

all the best......
14th February 2011, 10:47 AM
Ankur agrawal

Ya , u r egilible for the mca entrance.........
14th February 2011, 01:24 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

For the Eligibility in MCA Entrance Exams you have to score a minimum 50% aggregate mark in your 12th standard.also you done well in BCA by scoring 71%..
So you definitely go for the MCA entrance exam.

Best of luck.....
14th February 2011, 07:17 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIR I HAVE SCORED 49.46% IN 12TH EXAM WITH MATHS 37%...............................AM I ABLE TO GIVE MCA ENTERENCE EXAMS? PLZZZZZZZ GIVE SOME SUGGESTION
sorry to say....but you can not apply for MCA...the minimum percentage in 12 th for that is 50%...
14th February 2011, 07:22 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HIIII
well m very much worried coz i have secured 49% in my 12th but in my graduation i have secured 70 % aggregate... so can ny body lemme knw whether i ll be eligible for MCA entrance exam?????
sorry but you are not eligible for MCA entrance exam...
as the required marks for the exam in 12th is minimum 50%..
14th February 2011, 07:29 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i have ot 57% in 10 2 and 80% in B.C.A from SMUDE.
i think you are eligible for MCA, because 50% is the minimum requirement in MCA entrance exam and you fulfill that criteria.....
15th February 2011, 06:07 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen270289 View Post
dear sir i have completed my graduation in bca with an aggregate of 71% and have maths at 10+2 level as main subject . but I have aggregate 53% in 10+2 . I am willing to do mca from any top colleges in India .

can you please send me the list of enterance examination I am eligible for so that i can prepare for them.

Your BCA marks is very good. You can do MCA without any histigation because many college offer MCA program for the candidate which have score above 50%. So don't worry you are eligible for the MCA course. If you want to take admission in the top college like DU, VIT, KIIT then you can appear in the entrance examination.
For more details about this college please see the website of that college.
1st March 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,i m shubhamjain.....
sir i 12th passed from biology,,i purseing bca and i will do mca in jnu through entrance exam. so please tell me,what i will do mca in jnu.(bca graduation math) no 12th level math
8th March 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

hi , i am ashish rastogi i m persuing my bca but i am very much tensed as i got 56% in 12 th. i am working hard in my bechalor degree , and i am also going for the preparation for mca entrance exam. my aim is to crack mca exam and want top clg. . but the main obstacle is with my 12th % . so plz. guide me so that i can fulfil my aim .plz.............................................. .................................
9th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i got 56% marks in 10 2 and got 80% marks in bca. can i take admission in nit,durgapur?
29th March 2011, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

i had complited the 12th exam with commerce stream i want to be MCA how many persentges are minimum to get admission in BCA in gujarat surat
8th April 2011, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

i hav got 45% in 12th,may i give MCA Entrance Exam of jnu ?
17th April 2011, 06:31 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Hi friend, Firstly Congratulations ! Scored good percentage in BCA.

I am really impressed that, you are doing MCA after completing your graduation.

In now a days, Master degree has its own importance. So, please go for MCA without any hesitation. You are definately eligible for MCA, because for MCA, you have to scored minimum 50% marks in 12th exams with Maths.

But you have scored, good marks in garuation, then definately you are eligible for MCA.

If you want to do MCA from top colleges like DU, then you have to appear in the entrance exams, after clear this exams, you will get admission in MCA.

So, please prepare yourself for such type of entrance exams, then definately you will get good colleges of MCA.

all the best
21st April 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

I have got maths in 12th 45%marks.Am i elligible for IIT MCA?
30th April 2011, 01:59 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Post Re: Eligibility in MCA Entrance Exams with low percentage in 12th (10+2)?

I think your marks is too low in 12th so you are not eligible for MCA entrance however you can try,........
30th April 2011, 10:25 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible.

A candidate who have done BCA,BBA or B.Tech can apply.He should have maths as the main subject in 12th class.
1st June 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have 50% marks in 10 2,73% marks in class 10th and BCA 71%.Please tell me sir,Am i eligible for MCA in Anna University
1st June 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i have completed my graduation in bca with an aggregate of 71% and have maths at 10 2 level as main subject . but I have aggregate 53% in 10 2 . I am willing to do mca from any top colleges in India .

8th June 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR ,
i have done 10 2 without maths and now i am pursing bca 4 sem with securing 72% marks can i apply for best universities like jnu,iit nit,uptu, bhu,etc. for the mca enternce ........
11th June 2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i have 53%science math ,math34%
bca 68%
can i enter exam for mca govt college
17th June 2011, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

a distance learning bca student can apply for regular mca cource
20th June 2011, 06:42 AM
Unregistered

I have taken bsc biotechnology after 12th what should i do after that mba or mca which is better
20th June 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

hii i m neelam bhatt i have given my bca 3rd year exam in this year n i got 68% marks in bca 2nd year but i got 52% marks in 1th standard so plz plz plz tell me that am i eligible for AIMCAT and am i eligible to get addmission in mca in top most college of india.............
reply soon it's very urgent for me
6th July 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I have appearing bca in bu,jhansi with 3rd sem and my 72% in 1st year but my 10 2 per is 53% with math.
Now my target to join to perform mca in jnu,delhi.
Can i enter mca govt clg
8th July 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,i am passed 12th in arts subject in which i got marks 70% and i am now passsed BCA with 60% from IGNOU .so guide me that i am eligiable for which collage.
21st July 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

i have got 52% in 10 2 and 64% in B.C.A from CCSU.
please tell me...........
13th August 2011, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

i am the student of b.com(comp. App.) final yr my percentage in 12th 67 percent but in grad. I have only scored 55 percent can i take admission in nit with this percentage.
6th October 2011, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i secured low marks in 12th i.e is 51% with math and only 30% in math but i got 65% marks in bca am i eligible for appearing top universites like iit[jam],bit misra ,du
please suggest me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?