24th January 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Merchant Navy for a commerce student?

sir please tell me that, can i join a merchent navy ,i am commerce student and i want good job for my sucessfull career

25th January 2011, 08:54 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility for Merchant Navy for a commerce student?

hello friend ..............
ya of course you can join the merchant navy after completing you 12th class but then you have to give the entrance exam to get in to that.......

so best of luck

25th January 2011, 10:34 AM
prtk.co

There are two wayr to join merchant navy.
1.TS CHANAKYA
Candidate can into merchant navy through TS CHANAKYA.For this candidate must clear entrance of IIT.There is no other seperate exam for TS CHANAKYA.
2.IMU
Candidate can go into merchant navy after clearing the entraxce of IMU.

But both options are applicable only for Science stream.You can not apply for it.

25th January 2011, 10:46 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Defenetly Commerce students are eligible to join Merchant Navy by joining G P Rating (Genral Purpose Rating) course which is Six Months course. Minimum educational qualificatiob ti join this course is to be 10th passout with any of the stream.

25th January 2011, 02:38 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Since you are a commerce graduate, you can not join the navigation or the engineering department of Merchant Navy but apart from bachelors degree in commerce, if you have fair knowledge of accountancy and computer, you can join Merchant Navy as Purser/Ship clerk.A Purser is responsible for general administration and all money-related needs on board.

19th February 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is swaraj i am a commerce graduate working with wns one of the leading bpo since 2008 my date of bith is 29 jan 1988. Is there any one who could guide me so that i could join merchant navy mail id is [email protected] tel: 9860705588

23rd February 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student. i have computer but not economics. what type of job are there available for this?

12th March 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

hi i m narendra i had finished 12 in commerce stream. now m final year bca in karnataka. how to join merchant navy. and wt r d restriction to join. wr to get applications form in karnataka plz........... solve my problem [email protected] its my id

23rd March 2011, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

hi i m rohit..after completing the graduate course..what is the procedure to join merchant navy and what is the monthly payement of a purser/ship clerk?

22nd April 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a commerce student and doing b.com and want to join merchant navy how can i join and what jobs are offer. Please solve my problem my email id is [email protected]

1st May 2011, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

sir i have a single parent ihave taken commerce in eleventh class , i am very interested in navy and iwant to join navy , what i have to do?

5th June 2011, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

well after clearing all doubts now i had decided to take commerce after that i'll go in merchant navy!!

8th June 2011, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

i just pass my hsc exam in commerce stream can i do merchant navy plz reply

1st July 2011, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

sir please tell the ability for purser or ship clerk. How can i apply for purser or ship clerk please reply sir.

2nd July 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

i wanna join merchant navy course frm t s chanakya college in navi mumbai but i am commerce student and currently doing tybms so after finishing tybms can i join merchant navy and what are the eligibility for merchant navy and which course i should join and what is fees structure can i join or not and when the course starts and i am 1991 born.
plz........... reply me ma email id [email protected]
waiting for reply......

5th July 2011, 04:53 PM
fazlu
Member+

yes you can join the navy after 12th std.
you can join the UPSC.you can also join the navy.

5th July 2011, 04:55 PM
fazlu
Member+

yes you can join the navy after 12th std.
you can join the UPSC.you can also join the navy.

8th July 2011, 12:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir please tell me that, can i join a merchent navy ,i am commerce student and i want good job for my sucessfull career
dear friend,

Sorry to say dear you can not eligible for merchant navy, because only science students are eligible for merchant navy .

the minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

thanks

5th August 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, i m debashish behera pursuing my graduation in ravenshaw varsity in commerce and this is my final year with management honours.i would like to join merchant navy.how is that possible sir ?my e-mail id is [email protected] reply at the earliest.thank you sir.

5th August 2011, 06:44 PM
liquid

hello...
yes why not merchant nevy is always open for commerse students.but you have to join GP rating course of 6 month duration.
you can do it after passing 10th exam
thank u

23rd August 2011, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

hello i am a graduate in commerce...i wanna be a purser/ ship clerk can u say wre can get this course.. can u recommd a institue/...

13th September 2011, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

What is a salary of gp rating officer by commrece?

23rd November 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

hello sir my name is Mustaq and I am commerce student with maths. Just now in eleventh std. and I am ready to do any kind of course after completing 12th for ship's clerk and also know computer. So please sir suggest me something about this and it's courses. My E-mail id is [email protected] please sir reply me something I want to do that job.

23rd November 2011, 04:20 PM
VINEETDUBEY6384385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you must have 50% marks in XII class.you may apply for marine engineering courses in institutes like Tolani institute of marine engineering ,pune 9ONE OF THE TOP INSTITUTES)many others are also there..but you will have to crack the entrance exam for it .good luck.

14th October 2014, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir a vry pleasent morning sir.... I am studying in class twelve and I really wish to join merchant navy..problem is that I am a commerce student....??

4th January 2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I'm anilkumar and I have completed class 12 by commerce stream and I want a job so please tell me what should I do
My email id [email protected]

14th August 2020, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Can a 28 year old commerce graduate apply for merchant navy?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?