5th December 2009, 03:33 PM
shobhana

Eligibility and procedure for M.A in sociology for science students?

hello,
i jus wanna knw dat i m a science student bt i want to do M.A in sociology.. can i do dat?
if yes den wat is the procedure 4 dat...
thanx

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D in Sociology after completion of M.A in Sociology?
  2. Eligibility for masters in Biological Science after B.A in Sociology and appeared for GRE?
  3. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Sociology for retired workman?
  4. What is the procedure to get admission in PhD after completing MA in Sociology from IGNOU? -- [New]
  5. Ph.D in Sociology is a good option for PG in Sociology, Political Science and Journalism & Mass Communication student?
  6. Detailed procedure for pursuing M.Phil(Sociology) through distance education nearby Delhi after completion of MA(Sociology) from HP University?
  7. Am I eligible to study M.A.(Sociology) after completing B.A.(Political Science)?
  8. Can an Arts student take BMS in Finance?
  9. Is it possible to do MA sociology from Punjab University as a private candidate?
  10. Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D in Bengali after completion of post graduation in Sociology?
  11. How to take admission in M.A Sociology after doing B.A in Sociology? Procedure for admission?
  12. Is Ph.D. in Sociology stream beneficial for getting government jobs?
  13. Is PhD in Sociology course offered in BHU? Procedure to get admission?
  14. Detailed information and admission procedure about B.A(sociology) after 12th?
  15. Is it possible for me to get admission for MA in Sociology without completion of Graduation?
  16. Can I do MA in Sociology after doing B.A in Political Science?
  17. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Sociology after completion of masters in sociology with 50% marks?
  18. Which is better choice to do PG course after completion of B.A Sociology? MA Sociology or MSW?
15th December 2009, 10:07 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility and procedure for M.A in sociology for science students?

yes you can do that.

there is no differ rule for you,its as same as for others.
16th December 2009, 04:34 PM
M.P.MELVIN PAUL

Default Re: Eligibility and procedure for M.A in sociology for science students?

hello shobana,
ya definitely you are elligible for doing M.A(SOCIOLOGY),all U.G.holders can do it.
16th December 2009, 07:14 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Yes ofcourse you are eligible. Since you are a science student can opt for any course and study.
20th January 2010, 09:09 PM
Senior Member+++

yes ofcourse you can do ma in sociology ,..as a science student can go for any field....procedure is on the entrance basis or on % in gradution basis
31st January 2010, 09:29 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for M.A. in Sociology
The Candidate should have passed Relative Bachelor Degree.

Admission Procedure for M.A. in Sociology
The Admission in this program is based on Written test And Followed by interview.

Fee Structure for M.A. in Sociology
15th February 2010, 11:06 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

yes you can do M.A in sociology.
since you have the bachelor degree so you can do.
4th March 2010, 12:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

yes ofcourse you can do ma in sociology, just go for it. best of luck.
31st July 2010, 10:53 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend minimum eligibilty to get into m.a in social work is a bachelor degree from a recognised university
29th August 2010, 04:37 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

as you are a science students so you can take the sociology for M.A,

because science students can takes the arts subjects.

but arts students can not takes the science subjects.
25th September 2010, 12:47 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

It is a disputed question since MA sociology basically requires A pass in Degree Examination securing 40% marks in aggregate under part II and studied the concerned subject as one of the optional subject.
In this statement percentages may vary from colleges to universities but optional subject should be the same as in your graduation level . I dont think that if you are a science graduate then you probabily didnt had any sociology subject in your graduation. Hence you are not eligible.
But in our India , there are some university which offer MA with any graduation. However , reputation of that university is under question.
13th January 2011, 04:44 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

As to join in to MA Sociology entrance exam a candidate needs to have a pass in the relative bachelor’s degree. The admission procedure to this course is through an entrance exam which is followed by a personnel interview. As a science student, I suppose that you have no subject in relation to Sociology in your Degree. As to pursue a masters you need to have studied the concerning subject in the degree level. With a science background you may not be eligible to apply for MA Sociology.
15th January 2011, 02:35 PM
Ajay kumar verma

If A science student have sociology in graduation he is eligible for take the admission MA in sociology.
9th February 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

im a pol sc student but i want to take sociology in ma .Can i do that?i never take sociology subj
14th February 2011, 12:33 PM
priya2242

Location: QR.NO-2RB-6/2,KALPANA FLAT,BHUBANESWAR-751014,ORISSA

Eligibility and procedure for M.A in sociology for science students?:

hello,

here r some info

any graduate can do this but accoding to merit

The Candidate should have passed Relative Bachelor Degree.

Admission Procedure for M.A. in Sociology

* The Admission in this program is based on Written test And Followed by interview.

Fee Structure for M.A. in Sociology

check wich university u want to join

for details search internet

all d best

//priya//
19th June 2011, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

I MY NAME IS ROOPA REDDY IAM A HOUSE WIFE BUT I HAVE MORE INTERESTED IN SOCIAL STUDY ,I HAVE COMPLITED IN BA LLB IN KARNATEKA UNIVERSITY IN GULBARGA . SO HOW TO JOIN US IN THIS COURES I WILL REIQWEST SIR, PLASE SEND ME MAIL.
11th July 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED Bsc. WITH 43% MARKS. CAN I DO M.A. WITH SOCIOLOGY
16th July 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed M.A. in Sociology. What is the carrier in M.A sociology?
29th July 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

which subject to opt for M.A as to proceed academics side? I have a B.A (languages with history) degree. please suggest me with proper guidance. Thank you.
29th October 2011, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

SATHYA..
i have completed B.tech in computer science... now i would like to do M.A (sociology or public administration)........ Am i eligible for this..... If yes, which universitis are the best... when will be the notification?.. plz give me the details... thank you...
21st March 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

i have passed BA with sociology can i get addmission in MA sociology is a private cadidate?
22nd August 2013, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to do ma sociology after completing bsc.nursing
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?