18th June 2014, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Sociology for retired workman?

Dear Sir,

I intend doing Research in the field of Suicides of young graduates who are joining the IT Sector and to address their problems. I have completed my BA from Bangalore having taken Sociology, Economics and Political Science as my electives. Now, I am a retired person. The last position held by me was Asst. Manager- Purchase in an MNC Engineering Industry
tell me can i do phd in sociology?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology?
  2. Colleges and guidelines for PhD Sociology?
  3. Information and details about faculties in Pune University for Ph.D in Sociology program?
  4. Percentage required for Ph.D in sociology after completing graduation in sociology as a non collegiate?
  5. How to prepare for Ph.D(sociology) entrancing exam? Is there any age limit to get admission in Ph.D? I have been completed my MA in sociology.
  6. How can I get admission in Ph.D(Sociology) in India if studying M.S. in Iran? How much does it costs?
  7. How can I apply for Ph.D(Sociology) if appeared in M.A. in Sociology from IGNOU?
  8. M.Phil or PhD in English or Sociology from distance mode in less amount?
  9. Minimum percentage required in M.A.(Sociology) for Ph.D program?
  10. Eligibility criteria for retired criteria for retired defence personel?
  11. Is this a good choice of joining P.hd in Sociology from Jaipur after completing post graduation in Sociology?
  12. How can I apply for Ph.D or M.Phil in Sociology
  13. How should I apply for Ph.D after finishing M.E in computer science and tamilnadu?
  14. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the difference between Ph.D in Anthropology and Ph.D in Sociology?
  16. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  17. How to pursue LLB in Kurukshetra University if I am 58 years retired person
  18. Can I pursue Ph.D in India after masters in UK?
24th December 2016, 01:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Sociology for retired workman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

I intend doing Research in the field of Suicides of young graduates who are joining the IT Sector and to address their problems. I have completed my BA from Bangalore having taken Sociology, Economics and Political Science as my electives. Now, I am a retired person. The last position held by me was Asst. Manager- Purchase in an MNC Engineering Industry
tell me can i do phd in sociology?

The eligibility to pursue PhD in Sociology is a pass in Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. There is no age limit to do PhD in Sociology course. The candidate should appear for an entrance examination and interview conducted by the university for the admission to PhD in Sociology program. The PhD program is available in various universities in India like

Pondicherry University - Official Website

University of Delhi - Official Website

South Asian University - Official Website

Jamia Millia Islamia - Official Website
27th December 2016, 09:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Sociology for retired workman?

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course in Sociology:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters in Sociology from a recognized University with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.

You must have a valid UGC NET score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?