31st July 2015, 06:29 PM
Diya d

Eligibility to teach in Engineering college as humanities professor?

Iam an OBC candidate with 51%marks for MA. I have Bed,SET and Mphil. can I teach in an Engg college as Humanities professor?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  2. Am i eligible to teach assistant professor in engineering college?
  3. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  4. Being Assistant Professor in a College can I do PhD in Humanities at other university?
  5. Eligibility for teaching B.Tech students after M.Sc and Ph.D. in Computer Science?
  6. Am I eligible to teach as assistant professor in engineering college after doing MSc Electronics and then M.Tech(Sensor System Technology)
  7. Am I eligible to teach B.E./BTech and MCA students after completing MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Required Eligibility criteria to teach Mathematics in Engineering Colleges? Can a candidate with M.Sc Maths and M.Tech in CSE be eligible to teach Computer Science in Engineering Colleges?
  9. How to get a job as a professor in private/government college
  10. Is MSc, M.Tech eligible for Assistant Professor in Engineering College? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the pay scale of professor posted in Dental College to teach MDS and BDS students?
  12. Eligibility for Professor, Assistant Professor and Lecturer in a polytechnic institute?
  13. Eligibility for the post of assistant professor?
  14. Eligibility for senior lecturer, Assistant Professor in an engineering college?
  15. How to apply for Lecturer job in Private Polytechnic colleges?
  16. What should I do after M.Com to be Professor or Lecturer? Eligibility criteria and future prospect?
  17. Any vacancies for teaching job for ECE diploma holders?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for assistant professor? I have scored 71% marks in Environmental Engineering
1st August 2015, 11:44 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to teach in Engineering college as humanities professor?

# Required eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor in Humanities is as follows:

* Good academic record throughout the academic career.
* Must have taken at least 55% marks at the postgraduate level in relevant subject.
* It is mandatory that candidate must have qualify the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or State Level SET.

# It is desirable that candidate should have adequate teaching / research / industrial / professional experience in a well-known organization.

# Candidates who have Ph.D degree awarded by the UGC recognised university are exempted of the required eligibility condition of NET/SET.

# Note that time consumed by the candidate in pursuing M.Phil degree and the residency period is not counted and not considered as teaching or research experience while selection process of Assistant Professor.

# The should have good communication skills, pleasant personality and positive approach in order to clear interview.

# The salary of a Assistant Professor is in the pay band of Rs. 37,400/- to Rs.67,000/-with grade pay of Rs. 9,000/-.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?