10th February 2019, 09:55 AM
Kasturi Mandlik

Which engineering course should I choose to join NDA?

I am a girl of 16 years studying in class 10th and interested to study engineering. I wish to join NDA as an engineer. Please guide me regarding the selection of college, the selection of branch in engineering, the selection process of NDA? Is there any special process for the same?

13th February 2019, 09:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering course should I choose to join NDA?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA/NA examination is conducted twice by UPSC every year. Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination. Female candidates who want to join defence can apply for CDS exam or AFCAT exam.

You can pursue engineering course in discipline of your interest from a recognized university. Then you can apply for above exams.
13th February 2019, 11:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you know that a girl candidate is not eligible to join NDA (National Defence Academy) through any channel.

So, as you are a girl candidate so query you have mentioned above is not valid for you.

For more details regarding NDA, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th February 2019, 06:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service. But only male candidates are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination to get admission in NDA.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in. Girls can join defence service through CDS entry.
14th February 2019, 07:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

So, you are not eligible to join NDA being a girl candidate as only male candidates are eligible to join it.

To get more information about NDA examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th February 2019, 07:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to join NDA. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment. As per eligibility criteria only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Girls candidates can join the service through CDS entry but after bachelor degree.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th February 2019, 08:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are a girl candidate. Hence, you are not eligible to join NDA (National Defence Academy) under any provision as for joininv NDA only unmarried Indian male candidates are eligible.

For detailed information regarding the NDA eligibility conditions, you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
16th February 2019, 04:21 PM
Maa Ka Pyar

NDA acronym for National defence academy which is conducted by UPSC to twice in a year to recruit officer cadre in ARMY, NAVY and AIRFORCE.
NDA is applicable for only male candidates and not for females candidate.
Candidate have only 12th passed with physics and mathematics. there is nothing requirements of engineering course for NDA.
for more information and details you can also visit on the website www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?