11th June 2011, 07:26 PM
Anandkushwah

Subjects to choose for Civil Services Exam? Which engineering subject of engineering branch should I choose?

sir, i am persuing b.tech from electronics and communication brach. i want to know that what subject i chose for civil service exam(pri,main)? what engineering subject of engineering branch i chose or similar subject? please send my answer on [email protected]

26th August 2011, 11:20 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Subjects to choose for Civil Services Exam? Which engineering subject of engineering branch should I choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandkushwah View Post
sir, i am persuing b.tech from electronics and communication brach. i want to know that what subject i chose for civil service exam(pri,main)? what engineering subject of engineering branch i chose or similar subject? please send my answer on [email protected]
Hi.
As you are electronics engineering student there is no need to worry about optional selection
as you will have a subject called electrical engineering which is 90% related to your subject of ECE in B.Tech Graduation.

Optional subject which you select is only for Mains not at all for Prelims(which is now called CSAT(ciivl Service aptitude Test))

I think you know that CSAT has a common syllabus unlike the old pattern of the examination .

you can select engineering subject but you are eligible/able to select only one engineering subject even if you have more no. of engineering subjects in the optional list.

this rule is kept in order to keep the entrance level question general and more generic to select the intellect brains.
you are free to select any other subject in the available list of optionals.

This is all about optional selection but only thing I want to suggest you is what ever you take as optional take it with interest rather than with others referral

All the best for your preparation

Regards

~AdityA~

26th August 2011, 11:40 PM
Mannu2525

Default Re: Subjects to choose for Civil Services Exam? Which engineering subject of engineering branch should I choose?

Dear,
There are many subjects given by the UPSC in the application brochure for the IAS.

Subjects Related to Engineering that are given in "UPSC Brouchers"

◘ For Civil engineering - See the syllabus -Click here

◘ For Electronics and Electrical engineering - See the syllabus - Click here

◘ For Mechanical engineering - See the syllabus - Click here

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~

3rd February 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Subjects to choose for Civil Services Exam? Which engineering subject of engineering branch should I choose?

can i take any subject from b.tech of electronics and communication engg?

6th April 2012, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

Is it good to take arts in 11th for RAS/IAS exams ?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?