14th December 2017, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose in 11th to join NDA being a girl?

I am a girl and i want to join NDA after 12th, so i am confused which stream i will have opt in 11th standard to join NDA, because many people says girls doesn't easily get opportunity to go in NDA.

14th December 2017, 08:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 11th to join NDA being a girl?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to join NDA being a girl candidate. As per UPSC NDA examination, only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination and those who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to join NDA. So, being a girl, you are not eligible to join NDA.
14th December 2017, 08:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

The eligibility criteria for NDA is:

1. You must have done 10+2. In case of Navy and Air Force, science stream with Physics and Mathematics is necessary.

2. The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years.

Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination. You can choose any interest of your choice but you will not be eligible.
14th December 2017, 09:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy and conducted by UPSC twice in a year for recruitment in defence service.

The required eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th from a recognised board.

Only male candidates are eligible.

For recruitment in Air Force and Navy it is mandatory have PCM as main paper but for Indian Army any discipline candidates are eligible.

But being a girl candidate you are not eligible to appear in examination.
14th December 2017, 09:21 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Sorry, to inform you that as a girl candidate you are not eligible to apply for NDA (National Defence Academy)exam after 10+2, because after 10+2 only male candidates are allowed to apply for NDA exam. Female candidate can apply for Indian defence services after graduation through CDS (Combined Defence Services) exam.

So as you want to join Indian defence services, then you must have to complete your graduation and then apply for CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.
14th December 2017, 09:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, as per rules of Union Public Services commission for National Defence Academy, girls can not apply for NDA exam. In eligibility criteria, it is strictly mentioned that only male candidates can apply for exam.

Being a girl, if you want to serve in defence then you can apply for AFCAT exam or Combined Defence Services after bachelor's degree. You should opt for science stream for exams like AFCAT.
14th December 2017, 10:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that being a girl you are not eligible for joining NDA ( National Defense Academy ) and hence it does not matters what you opt for completing your higher secondary degree course.

But you can join defense services through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) after completing your graduation from a recognized university.

Further to be eligible for joining all the four wings of CDS through CDS entrance examination you are required to complete your higher secondary school degree with Science stream otherwise you can apply for joining only Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy wings of CDS.

For more detailed information regarding CDS you can refer to its official link www.upsc.gov.in .
14th December 2017, 10:44 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NDA means National Defence Academy.

Requirements for NDA exam:

Academic qualification: 10+2 passed or appearing for board exams.

Age criteria : 16.5-19.5 years.

Girls are not eligible for NDA exam.
14th December 2017, 11:42 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Being a girl, you are ineligible for National Defence Academy examination for joining any wing of Defence.

The rule of NDA exam says that only unmarried male candidates in age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible.
15th December 2017, 01:46 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Girls candidates are not eligible to appear in NDA entrance examination.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA examination conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Indian Army - 12th with any stream.

Air Force and Navy - 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

For any other query regarding examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2017, 01:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

* NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining the same the minimum qualifications required are as here under :-

I) You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

ii) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th from a recognized board of education. In order to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force you need to have studied Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

iv) You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So being a girl candidate you are not eligible for joining NDA but you can join defense service through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) but for that you will have to complete your graduation degree first.

For more details regarding NDA and CDS entrance examinations you can refer to the link wwww.upsc.gov.in .
15th December 2017, 08:24 PM
rajnikant1993

Dear Friend,

You are not elligible to join NDA because female candidates are not allowed to apply
for NDA (National Defense Academy) exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Being a female candidate you can join defense after graduation by clearing CDS (Combined
Defense Service) exam which is also conducted by UPSC every year twice.

Depending upon your interest you can apply for CDS priority wise -

1- Indian Army.

2- Indian Navy.

3- Indian Air Force.

So if you want to join defense service you must complete your graduation first and then
apply for CDS.

Thank You.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?