30th May 2015, 10:33 PM
karishma sinha

Is it enough to have 78 marks in English to get admission in Xavier college for doing English honors?

Sir/Mam,

I had scored 78 marks in English..and i want to do English hons with Xavier...is this marks is sufficient to get admission in xavier college.? Can you please provide me the complete information on this as soon as possible? Looking forward to get the answer soon!

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What type of questions are asked for getting admission in Xavier college for English Honors?
  2. Can I get English Honours in St. Xavier's College if scored 82 marks in English and 63% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?
  3. How to take admission in St Xavier College after scoring 80 marks in English
  4. Can I have Economics and Journalism as my side pass subjects with honors in English in St Xaviers College? I have obtained 88% in English and 70% in total
  5. Cut off marks for english honors in St. Xavier College, Kolkata? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the minimum percentage required to get B.A English honors in St Xavier College in Kolkata
  7. What is the minimum marks required to get BA English honors course in Daulat Ram College?
  8. In which college can I get admission in English Honors with 45% marks in HS exam
  9. Marks or percentages required for English honours at St. Xavier's college?
  10. How to download admission in English honors/political science honors in Presidency College Kolkata
  11. Can I join English honors program of DU having 89 marks in English in 12th board?
  12. Am I eligible to get admission in M.A English after scoring 64% marks in English and 55 in English discipline
  13. Detailed 2nd shortlist of B.A English Honors in St Xaviers college, Kolkata
  14. Which universities can I apply after scoring 49% marks in English honors?
  15. What is the cutoff marks for English Hons to get into St Xaviers College
  16. Is mathematics compulsory to include in top four subjects(like English) while calculating aggregate required in St. Xavier College,Kolkata? I've mathematics in class 12th in ISC board
  17. Can I get admission in St Xavier after scoring 63% in 12th commerce?
  18. What is the minimum percentage required to take admission in English Honors
1st June 2015, 01:19 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it enough to have 78 marks in English to get admission in Xavier college for doing English honors?

No 78 marks are not enough to get admitted in Xavier college you must need a minimum of 85 plus percent marks so that we can expect that there may be a few changes you will get admission but now as per my knowledge or on the basis of last few merit lists you can't get admission in Xavier college , merit list changes every year so no one can predict that you will get admission or not so visit the college for more information on that topic they will guide you better than anyone
and as you mention that you are interested in English honors and in english you scored only 78 marks so its looks like weird
1st June 2015, 05:17 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it enough to have 78 marks in English to get admission in Xavier college for doing English honors?

St. Xavier college is one of the most reputed autonomus college in India. To get admission in this college is not a matter of joke as the selection is made strictly on the basis of board exam and enterance exam. A student must have 45% marks in all subjects studied at the 10+2 level, otherwise the application will be rejected.

Eligibility Criteria & Selection Procedure:

B.A. English (Honours)

Application Criteria : Compulsory Subject(s) in +2: English

Aggregate calculation: English + Any 3

Marks requirement for Application: 60% in Aggregate

Selection: On the basis of Board marks

Index Calculation: (2 x ENG%) + AGG% : (OUT OF 300)

It is important to note that every year cut off marks changes this time cut off is 80+ you might have a chance to get admission in this college. So yes ofcourse you can atleast try and if not selected then there are other colleges too that offers B.A English (H) course. I know that prestige or honor and lots of opportunity an indiividual can find only being a St.Xavier student. I would suggest you not to loose hope. Do your best in enetrance exam you will surely get a seat.
2nd June 2015, 02:21 AM
sanspeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by karishma sinha View Post
Sir/Mam,

I had scored 78 marks in English..and i want to do English hons with Xavier...is this marks is sufficient to get admission in xavier college.? Can you please provide me the complete information on this as soon as possible? Looking forward to get the answer soon!

Thank you!
Hey, there i would like to clear that as per your marks in the respective subjects is not considerable for getting admission in Xavier college with english hons.
As Xavier college is considered to be one of the best colleges for hons studies.
As also the cut off for this college is quite high.
also you can see the last year cutoff for this colleges on its official sites.

If you have some quota with you in terms of sports ,extracurricular merit certificate can be fruitful in getting the admission for the same .
as there is provision of sports quota for the admission so you can apply for the same.
4th June 2017, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 94 in english and got 70. 6% marks excluding physical education which is my additional subject. And if i would consider that then i have got 78% marks.
I want to know that is that enough to get admission in St. Xavier's College.
Can you please provide me the required information.
I will be highly grateful to you for this.
With hope
Thanking you.
16th March 2018, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Which type of questions are generally asked in entrance exams for BA English honours?
Looking forward for an early response.
15th May 2018, 03:24 AM
Unregistered

92 percent in english plus 78 percent out of 300 is enough to get a seat in english honours course in st. Xabiers college kolkata
17th March 2019, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

i am expecting 95 % in English & best of 3 average shall be 90% from CBSE. can i expect a seta in english honours at St xavier college.
28th May 2019, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I have got 91in English and total 404 in science in WBCHS. I am able to get admission in ST. Xavier's college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?