6th May 2015, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

Can I get English Honours in St. Xavier's College if scored 82 marks in English and 63% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?

Hello Sir,
I have scored 82 marks in English in 12th WBCHSE Board.
I have an aggregate of 63%. Do I get a chance
in St. Xavier's College for English Honours?
Waiting for your response.

Related Questions:
8th May 2015, 01:11 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get English Honours in St. Xavier's College if scored 82 marks in English and 63% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?

Candidates who have secured above 60% of marks in their 12th standard are eligible for admission in B.A. English (Honours) in St. Xavier's College. So, you can apply for B.A. English (Honours) course admission in St. Xavier's College. St. Xavier's College selects the candidates on the basis of their 12th standard marks.

Selection Procedure:-
St. Xavier's College uses following formula to calculate the eligibility of a candidate to get admission in B.A. English (Honours) course.

(2 x ENGLISH Subject%) + AGG% : (OUT OF 300)

Then the candidates who have selcted will get admission.

If you still have any doubts, you can visit following link
http://www.sxccal.edu/admissions/SXC...tyCriteria.htm
8th May 2015, 01:48 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get English Honours in St. Xavier's College if scored 82 marks in English and 63% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?

In order to get the admission form of St. Xavier's college then you must be having atleast 60% in class 12th, as you have 62% in class 12th so you are eligible to apply in St. Xavier's college, but for getting admission you must be having more than 85% in class 12th board exam as the cut off percentage changes every year, so it's better that you look for some other colleges as you won't be able to get admission with this marks.
8th May 2015, 03:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can get admission to study B.A (English Honours) in St.Xavier's College by securing an aggregate of 63% marks in your 12th standard from WBSCHE Board. Candidates who have secured an aggregate of 60% or more marks in English and any three subjects in 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to apply for admission to B.A (English Honours) in St.Xavier's College. Admissions are provided to candidates based upon the marks secured by them in 12th standard board examinations.
9th May 2015, 02:36 AM
james hettfield
Member+

As you have a very decent score in English, hence you have a bright chance to make it to the St. xaviers college.
The eligibility is that you should have passed your higher secondary class with an aggregate of 60% marks and in that also, your marks in English should be calculated separately and they will have their own special weightage in the admission procedure.
The formula for the score used in the selection procedure is
2*(marks obtained in English)% + aggregate %
All the best!!
9th May 2015, 11:33 AM
Cisco India

Smile Re: Can I get English Honours in St. Xavier's College if scored 82 marks in English and 63% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have scored 82 marks in English in 12th WBCHSE Board.
I have an aggregate of 63%. Do I get a chance
in St. Xavier's College for English Honours?
Waiting for your response.

No, your chances are very little or you can say it is negligible to get into such a bright college with this much of marks. Since, minimum cut off percentage required for the admission in St. Xavier's college is 80% and you are far behind this.
8th June 2015, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I'm a CBSE board student. I have 92% in english and 83.5% aggregate in my 10 2 level. Do I have a chance of getting into St. Xavier's College, Kolkata with English Honours?
3rd February 2016, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

I scored 77 % in std 12th. Can i get admission in st. xavier's college for Political Science?
16th June 2017, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

I got 94 marks in English and 84.6% in 12th CBSE board. Can any one suggest colleges to apply for English honours?!. Really want your help. Thank you
28th May 2018, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 83 marks in english and 68% aggregate in class 12 CBSE board can I get admission at st.xaveirs ranchi for the year 2018??
Please do reply as soon as possible!
11th June 2019, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 60 marks in political science and 69%aggregate in class 12 wbsc board can I get admission at St xavier's college kolkata for the year 2019
Please do reply as soon as possible
17th July 2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Admission fees for English honours and monthly fees
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?