24th July 2012, 11:20 PM

Exams for the jobs in Interior Designing?

I want to know about the exam for jobs in interior designing

25th July 2012, 01:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exams for the jobs in Interior Designing?

Interior design is one of the fastest growing profession in India. Interior designing courses offer bright future to youths with creative and artistic mind. There are plenty of jobs opportunities out there for interior designers.

A lot of thought has to be put in when designing a room or office. There are several people who believe in Vastu etc who are very specific about their requirements. This often leaves interior designer with very little creative room to design a room, house or office. This is one of the many challenges faced by the interior designer.

The demand of interior designers is very high for designing the offices, homes, restaurants, hotels and even hospitals. Interior designers always have the option to work as freelancer or start his/her own firm. At the same time several builders and real estate compaines also hire bright interior designers from all parts of India.

To answer your question regarding exams for jobs in this field. Well since most of the jobs are in private sector, there are hardly any exams. Most builders, firms, real estate companies have their own criteria to select a cadidate. What this often means is that you will require to demonstrate your talent to get a job.

JOBS

Hospital designing

Hospital designing is one of the upcoming fields for the designers. For years hospitals did not paid much attention to focus on interior designing but now several private hospitals and clinics are looking for designers to plan direction of rooms, interior of these rooms, doctor's cabin and even placement of medical equippment.

Hotel designing

One of the evergreen field for a designer to showcase best of his/her talent is Hotel designing. Each hotel within its capacity spends a lot on the interior designing starting from the lobby to each and every single room inside the hotel. The entire place requires expertise of interior designer to select the furniture, paintings, beds, flower pots etc to make the overall ambience of the hotel charming for the guests.

Construction Companies

Builders and the real estate compaines are also on the consistent lookout for the interior designers for designing their new building where sometimes every single flat has a unique design. Designers also assist the compaines with bunglows, commercial properties and even malls.

House

The sizeable middle class of India is also looking to redesign their homes to make it look as beautiful as possible. There is always an extra focus on kitchen and bathroom. Here interior designers are given the task to make the bathroom, kitchen etc look as beautiful as possible. You will be deciding on everything include which tiles, furniture, wall colors, bathroom accessories, flooring etc to be used.

You will have to begin with assistent of a designer to start your career and after 2-3 years you would be given more responsibilities by the private firms. The salary starts from Rs 8,000 to 10,000 and goes up depending on your talent. Some interior designers charge Rs 1-2 Lakh per assignment.
25th July 2012, 08:39 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

HI....!!!!

-->Interior designing is best profession in today 's world.Each hotel within its capacity spends a lot on the interior designing sarting from the lobby to each and every single room inside the hotel.

-->you can go for following courses:-

*Jobs

*hotel designing

*constuction companies

*house
etc.

all the best...go ahead!!!
17th August 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

i want to applt for the post of interior designer jobs and have 2.5 years of experience in same field.plz suggest me how can i aplly?
11th January 2013, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have done my Adv.Diploma in Interior Designing & deploma in ArchiCAD & AutoCADD . I have more then 4 yrs job experience in this field . plz suggest me how can i apply ?
10th December 2013, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I have interior designing degree course. I want to do govt job. Which govt sector, i should try.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?