25th July 2012, 11:25 PM
hira kha

Which field is better between Human Nutrition and Biotech? I am doing BSc in Human Nutrition

hi im doing bsc in human nutrition pls tel me which field is better human nutrition or biotech?

Related Questions:
16th January 2013, 10:19 PM
Beesh
Member+

Default Re: Which field is better between Human Nutrition and Biotech? I am doing BSc in Human Nutrition

Dear friend,

Human nutrition is the provision to obtain the materials necessary to support life. In general, people can survive for two to eight weeks without food, depending on stored body fat and muscle mass. Survival without water is usually limited to three or four days. Lack of food remains a serious problem, with about 36 million people dying every year from causes directly or indirectly related to hunger. Childhood malnutrition is also common and contributes to the global burden of disease.

Biotechnology (sometimes shortened to "biotech") is the use of living systems and organisms to develop or make useful products, or "any technological application that uses biological systems, living organisms or derivatives there of, to make or modify products or processes for specific use" (UN Convention on Biological Diversity).
For thousands of years, humankind has used biotechnology in agriculture, food production and medicine.

Both the fields are inter related branches. Choosing between them is your own interest. One thing is not better than the other, Both are at their best.

Best wishes :-)
17th January 2013, 08:49 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which field is better between Human Nutrition and Biotech? I am doing BSc in Human Nutrition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hira kha View Post
hi im doing bsc in human nutrition pls tel me which field is better human nutrition or biotech?
Dear friend,

Human nutrition is the provision to obtain the materials necessary to support life. In general, people can survive for two to eight weeks without food, depending on stored body fat and muscle mass. Survival without water is usually limited to three or four days. Lack of food remains a serious problem, with about 36 million people dying every year from causes directly or indirectly related to hunger. Childhood malnutrition is also common and contributes to the global burden of disease.

Biotechnology (sometimes shortened to "biotech") is the use of living systems and organisms to develop or make useful products, or "any technological application that uses biological systems, living organisms or derivatives there of, to make or modify products or processes for specific use" (UN Convention on Biological Diversity).
For thousands of years, humankind has used biotechnology in agriculture, food production and medicine.

Both the fields are inter related branches. Choosing between them is your own interest. One thing is not better than the other, Both are at their best.

Best wishes :-)
29th August 2014, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

I passed Nutrition and Diatetics in graduation.Can i admission in biotech in westbengal?

Partha Bose.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?