23rd March 2015, 08:18 PM
saikat_samudra
Member+

Finance or Marketing, which one should I study in MBA?

Sir,
I am interested to study MBA in Finance.
But my friends are telling me that Marketing
is good enough than Finance in MBA.
Kindly suggest me which one I take?

Related Questions:
9th April 2015, 10:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Finance or Marketing, which one should I study in MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikat_samudra View Post
Sir,
Choose a specialization as per your interest, your friend can't guide you properly. If you are interested in Finance, then going for Finance only. Finance and Marketing both are good specialization and have a great demand in Public and Private sector jobs. For Marketing you need a good communication skill only then you can get good position in top companies. Marketing candidates deals with selling of company products, Promoting Product, services, etc. It simply means selling product in the market. Marketing Candidates deals with sales, branding, advertisement, market research, people management etc.

Marketing plays a key role in the growth of the company, Almost all the company needs Marketing executive because Marketing is the only department which generates revenue for the company. After completing an MBA Marketing, you can work as a marketing manager, brand manager, market research analyst and new product manager. In Marketing the more your wok hard, the more you earn. Marketing candidates also get the best incentives if they achieved the target set by company per month. So almost all the companies having huge demands for marketing aspirants.

Well, Finance is also a good option to get a good job in banks and financial institutions. If you want to make your career in the banking sector or in Share Market / Foreign Markets, then you have to go for MBA Finance. Finance candidates deals with Market analysis, Economics, Investments, Securities, Costing, GDP, taxation, etc. The main role of finance candidates is to plan strategies to raise capital from different sources. After completing MBA Finance, you will become Finance Analyst, Finance Manager, Cash Managers Chief Financial Officer, Credit Managers, Portfolio Manager, Risk and Insurance Managers, Investments Analyst etc.

Finance Candidate has a great career after completing the MBA Course. Mainly Finance aspirants works in the Banking sector, Financial Institutions, Private sector Banks, Foreign exchange, Insurance company, etc. If you have a good analytical skill and good at calculation, then you can easily get jobs in Public & private company easily with good salary package.

Both Finance and Marketing are the popular specialization and have a great demand in both Public and Private companies. You can choose any one of the specialization as per your interest. You can also choose Finance as Major and Marketing as a minor subject in your MBA Course and Vice-Versa.
13th April 2015, 01:04 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sir,
The selection must be made based on your interest only.

I shall suggest you few hot streams in MBA

>>HR

>>Banking

>>Marketing

>>Pharma

>>Fashion

>>IT

etc.,

You can also opt for dual specialization in MBA.
13th April 2015, 11:21 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

I would like to suggest you that you have to select your field specialization as per your interest because a person can do better in the field he is most interested because he can thought new things in that field and something creative.

Finance and marketing both are best fields where you can brighten your career and can get a job in any multi national and also in domestic company. In Finance you could be a finance adviser, Finance executive, Finance officer and also could be a financer but in marketing you can be a Marketing executive and a manager or assistant manager.

Some other streams in M.B.A. are-

>> M.B.A. in Aviation management( In my views as highest paid sector in M.B.A)

>> M.B.A. Industrial management

>> M.B.A. in IT

>> M.B.A. in accounts management

>> M.B.A. in Marketing management

>> M.B.A. stokes and trade management
13th April 2015, 05:14 PM
amtul khan
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Finance or Marketing, which one should I study in MBA?

Quote:
Sir,
I suggest you to take MBA in Finance.

Benefits of an MBA in Finance:
Finance is one of the most popular specializations within Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs. An MBA in Finance offers benefits to working professionals in a variety of industries, including commercial and corporate banking, investment services and real estate.
Students pursuing an MBA in Finance gain the business and financial skills needed to work in a number of enterprises. They often have access to top-notch internship opportunities while still in school, and they generally command better positions and higher salaries upon graduation. Many MBA programs are offered on a part-time basis, making them accessible for working professionals.

Topics commonly taught through a finance MBA program include:
1.Stock market analysis
2.Foundations in finance
3.Global economy
4.Financial instruments
5.Futures and options
6.Market trading and volatility
7.Risk management
8.Bankruptcy
9.Corporate finance
10.Investment banking

Some popular career paths for MBA in Finance graduates include:
Senior financial analyst
Financial controller or director
Manager of a finance department
Chief financial officer
Commercial or investment banker
Real estate or insurance finance manager.
13th April 2015, 11:44 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# It is a major and important decision of your career. You have to take the decision yourself without under the influence of anyone.

# No one can decide your career. No one can decide your subjects/streams/specialization.

# You know yourself very well. You are fully aware of your strength and weakness. You have to choose the subject/specialization after taking consideration of area of interest, career prospect, scope, job placement etc.

# Both the 'Marketing' and 'Finance' are of equally important and of same rating. We cannot neither underestimate nor exaggerate any of the specialization.

# With the help of specialization in marketing, you have deal in sales assignment. You have career options in sales sector, marketing sector, and also in other sectors. Yoy have to take the responsibilities of enhancing the sale of product of company, promotion of goods/products of company.

# Proper strategic marketing helps in growth and development of company. Better marketing helps in rise in sale of products/goods which ultimately helps in huge profit and gaining huge revenue.

# On the other side, the specialization in finance helps you in making career in insurance sector (LIC, GIC, SBI Insurance, Reliance Insurance etc), finance sector, banking sector, government sector, other private sectors etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?