27th May 2013, 04:04 PM
science_student

Is the following enough to crack JEE Main and Advanced? Which correspondence course and test series should I go for?

School textbooks: ISC texbooks based on the new common syllabus
Other books(already bought)
Physics - Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma; Principles(/Fundamentals) of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
Chemistry
Physical Chemistry - Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee
Inorganic Chemistry - Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
Organic Chemistry - Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
Mathematics
Mathematics for Class XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight

For more practice
DPPs in PCM by Resonance
Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
(Suggest a few more books)

A correspondence course and an online test series from coaching institutes
Please suggest which coaching institutes I should go for. I'm thinking of choosing Resonance for the correspondence course and either Bansal Classes or Resonance or both for the test series.

Last edited by science_student; 6th June 2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added more details to the question.
14th July 2016, 08:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the following enough to crack JEE Main and Advanced? Which correspondence course and test series should I go for?

The books which you have mentioned here for Joint Entrance Examination is good for preparation. What is important in this exam is how much practice you do in preparation time. Concepts are same in each and every books. You have included all good books for preparation of this exam.

1. Practice as much as possible. Also go through NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of standard 11th and 10+2.

2. Bansal classes is better than Resonance as per previous year results and feed back obtained from students, you must choose correspondence course of Bansal Classes and its test series.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?