9th August 2010, 03:05 AM
ArnabG

FX school, Mumbai - is it good for film making course? how are the placements at FX School?

Hiya, I am an international student and want to go to india for a diploma in Film Making. FX school's digital film making looked good for me. But you know you cannot trust any organisation based on their website. All of them say they are the best. I heard Craft and Name sux big time. I know whistlewoods is good but cannot afford So please give me some idea about the quality of FX school so that I can take my decisions. or please advice any other film school

Cheers

9th August 2010, 10:50 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: FX school, Mumbai - is it good for film making course? how are the placements at FX School?

The best institute for the courses in film making, art, direction, editing etc , is FTII Pune.
Further information is available on the official website.
http://www.ftiindia.com/

top ten colleges are
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Pune, India

Whistling Woods International Mumbai, India

Zee Institute of Media Arts(ZIMA) Mumbai, India

Satyajit Ray Films and Television Institute Kolkata, India

Barry John Acting Studio Mumbai, India

Center for Research in Art of Film and Television (CRAFT) Delhi/NCR, India

L V Prasad Film and TV Academy Chennai, India

Flash Frame Visuals Academy of Film & Video Editing Bangalore, India

Asian Academy of Film & Television Delhi/NCR, India

Delhi Film Institute
9th August 2010, 01:26 PM
jicks

Default Re: FX school, Mumbai - is it good for film making course? how are the placements at FX School?

Hai,

I cannot decide about the FX school, but I have given some alternatives:-

FTII, Film & Television Institute of India, Pune
Zee Institute of Media Arts, Mumbai
Satyajit Ray Films and Television Institute, Kolkata
Asion Academy of Film & Television, Delhi

Best Wishes
9th August 2010, 07:28 PM
adityabhushan

dear
actually i don't know more about FX school. what i know, its good to study there.and if you worried about placement, then seriously if you work hard . and if you have talent , there is no any cause that you won't selected.
but you can choose better if you can afford more.
these are the some more best colleges for film making.
FTII , Pune
Film and Television Institute of India or FTII is located in Pune. The Institute offers 2 year PG Diploma in Acting.

The Barry John Acting studio
The Barry John Acting studio is in Mumbai and offers various courses including the Diploma and Certificate courses in acting.

National School of Drama (NSD),Delhi
NSD offers a 3 year course which leads to PG diploma in Dramatic Arts.

Anupan Kher’s , Actor Prepares
The institute offers full time and part time course in acting.The institute has branches in Mumbai,Ahmedabad and Chandigarh.

Subhash Ghai’s , Whistling Woods International
Subhash Ghai is the chairman of Whistling Woods International,Mumbai.The courses include a 2 year course in acting.

Roshan Taneja Acting Studio
Roshan Taneja Acting Studio in Mumbai offers 6 months course in acting.

AAFT ,Noida
Asian Academy of Film and Television is located in Noida,UP. AAFT offers 3 months and 1 year programs in acting.

CRAFT
Center for Research in Art of Film and Television is located in Rohini institutional Area,Delhi and has a course in acting.

Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute
Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai offers 3 months course in acting.

R. K. Films & Media Academy
R. K. Films & Media Academy offers 4 months acting course in Delhi.

Delhi Film Institute
Delhi Film Institute is located in South Extension Delhi.The institute offers 2 months acting course in acting.

FILM
FILM Institute is located in Kalkaji, Delhi. The courses include an acting and presentation course.

ZIMA
Zee academy of media arts is located in Mumbai and it offers a 3 month course in acting.

this can be better choice.

regards aditya
10th August 2010, 03:52 AM
ArnabG

Thanks to all for your advices, letz see what can I do now.cheers
20th August 2010, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

after 3 years , do we get degree certificate in this course?
16th March 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

FX School has earned the endorsement of some of the biggest and best names in the industry, including Sippy Productions, Ram Gopal Varma, and Mahesh Bhatt.

FX School's students and faculty have completed a full length feature film with Ram Gopal Varma and top stars in a flat 33 days from the day shooting started to the day the film will release in theatres (March 18, 2011).

This is a revolution in film-making on many counts:
1. Speed (shoot was completed in less than 5 days!)
2. Workflow used to deliver in such a tight timeline
3. Budget -- Rs. 4.7 lakhs
4. Equipment -- entire film was shot using the latest digital technology
5. No lighting equipment -- shot entirely in available light

No other institute in India has ever been able to execute such a project.

Watch the film when it's released to judge the quality for yourself.

So far, FX School's placement record has been an unblemished 100%. Most students are recruited prior to their course completion and, on average, have 2 to 3 offers.
26th March 2011, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

how helpful is Whistling Woods International for (film making course) especially and placement wise please help?
29th March 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

dammmn costly institute!! WWI ...why is so costly? people who came from middle class background what to do? I prefer FX school than other it is simply affordable and very nice faculty they have gonna go admit there....
29th March 2011, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Can some one plz tell me more about FX school, is it actually good? i am learning from an institution but it is not good, my queries are not solved. Even teachers are not good. Plz tell me more about the faculty.
15th April 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

My life is filmdirectorhow much it cost?
25th April 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after 3 years , do we get degree certificate in this course?
Ausam Placements currently students are working with RAm Gopal Verma.
30th November 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

M interested in Photography.. But don't know which is good As all say they r best. Can you help me out..
So please give me some idea about the quality of FX school so that I can take my decisions. or please advice any other film school
18th August 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

well all i can say is...what info some1 has mentioned abt fx school s true but hyped to al marketing extend....even if u r left wit d only option as fx school, u shld not opt for t...i did a course in fx school but its of no use...n wen they talk abt 100 % placement its al fake...im very sure tat some1 from fx school itslef has posted tat msg...wen talk abt their project with Ram gopal verma , the quality speaks for all...i would never suggest any1 to opt for fx school...they are running a business and not a institute....dey dont even have any renowned faculty...n their film making course is utter waste...stay away from these crapy institutes... tc
18th August 2012, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

well all i can say is...what info some1 has mentioned abt fx school s true but hyped to al marketing extend....even if u r left wit d only option as fx school, u shld not opt for t...i did a course in fx school but its of no use...n wen they talk abt 100 % placement its al fake...im very sure tat some1 from fx school itslef has posted tat msg...wen talk abt their project with Ram gopal verma , the quality speaks for all...i would never suggest any1 to opt for fx school...they are running a business and not a institute....dey dont even have any renowned faculty...n their film making course is utter waste...stay away from these crapy institutes... tc
17th December 2013, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

What is d future for filmmaker, after completing film making course...?
17th January 2014, 06:45 AM
Unregistered

filmmaking profession is not like a bank clerk job or IT engineer.... film making, singing , dancing these all professions requires talent and skill....it's up to u , how much u want and can prosper.
24th May 2014, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can some one plz tell me more about FX school, is it actually good? i am learning from an institution but it is not good, my queries are not solved. Even teachers are not good. Plz tell me more about the faculty.
You should atleast visit the institute on see by yourself. You 'll be able to judge the school in your first visit.
P.S. I have been there
22nd August 2014, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Fx School is one of the finest institutes when it comes to Film making. It provides you with hands on practical knowledge about your areas of interest. Many of the students have worked in Ram Gopal Verma's movies. FX School offers many courses which are designed to help you discover your true potential. The faculty is a renowned one and very helpful when it comes to solving your queries. I was a student and I am very thankful to FX School as it made me realise where my true talent lies!
19th January 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I am planning to join AAFT for a 2 year Msc in cinema with specialization is direction, course. I want to know about the education and placement stndards of AAFT. Do they have a nice infrastructure and good crowd?
Do they provide placements in good production houses?
Apart from this, i want to know whats the average salary of a fresher assistant director? MOre or less, i want to know an average figure. If u could tell that.
Thanks in advance.

Asif
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?