16th February 2013, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

How to go for mass communication and journalism? I am a student of B.Com 1st year

Dear Sir/Mam
I am a student of B.Com 1 year n am preparing for CS foundation exam! But I have strong interest towards English n literature! I m also keen to go for mass communication n journalism. Should I drop my bcom n go for eng hons n pursue cs wid it? Will it be wise enough to ruin a year?

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  2. How to do master in journalism and mass communication?
  3. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which college should I prefer to have a career as Journalist?
  5. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  6. Will feb MAT help for the admission of master in mass communication?
  7. Requirements to pursue Masters course in Mass Communications and Journalism being a candidate of pursuing Bachelors course in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  8. Course fees for Journalism and Mass Communication?
  9. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Best colleges in Delhi for BJMC?
  11. Can i do MCS after B.A?
  12. List of government colleges in Pune?
  13. How to do Journalism, Mass Communication or Architecture after completing 12th?
  14. What is required to get admission in Christ College in Bangalore for a student interested in B.A Economics, B.Com Economics, Journalism and Mass communication?
  15. How to pursue Mass Communication in Journalism?
  16. Ph.D in Sociology is a good option for PG in Sociology, Political Science and Journalism & Mass Communication student? -- [New]
  17. Can I become a journalist after completing B.E CSE?
  18. Fee structure of Government Ayurvedic Colleges? List of best Ayurvedic colleges in Pune?
28th July 2014, 12:37 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to go for mass communication and journalism? I am a student of B.Com 1st year

First of all, you need to complete graduation with minimum 55 per cent marks. You need to have good grip over the English language and general knowledge. There will be admission test and personal interview for candidates. There are several universities that offer the course like Shobhit University, Institute of Media and Technology, Sikkim Manipal University, Asian Institute of Film and Television to name a few. Pearl Academy Mumbai and Presidency College, Bangalore are one of the leading institutes that offer course in Journalism. There are courses like B.sc in Sports Journalism, B.A in Professional Journalism, B.A in Investigative Journalism, B.Sc in Trade Journalism and B.sc in Fashion Journalism. There are institutes which offers good placements too.
• Times School of Journalism
• Film and Television Institute of India
• Xavier Institute of Communication
• Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication
• Asian College of Journalism
• Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media
• Manorama School of Communication
• Mudra Institute of Communications
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?