2nd January 2011, 10:07 PM
vishnu suresh

Is it good to become an entrepreneur or should I become an Engineer? Should I opt for a B.Tech degree before MBA?

I am a plus two student. I am preparing to be an entrepreneur. Is it good to be an entrepreneur or an engineer? Should i take a btech degree before doing MBA. What is the purpose of that?

3rd January 2011, 07:02 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to become an entrepreneur or should I become an Engineer? Should I opt for a B.Tech degree before MBA?

Sure there is no harm in becoming an entrepreneur. But it would be good if you complete your studies. You need to pursue studies based on the area you would like to become an entrepreneur. Also it would be good to have someone to guide you for the same. For doing an MBA it is must that you first complete your graduaton.
3rd January 2011, 11:27 AM
nikhil naik

Thumbs up Re: Is it good to become an entrepreneur or should I become an Engineer? Should I opt for a B.Tech degree before MBA?

It is not so easy to become entrepreneur but if you have confident or proud to being entrepreneur then you have to take the hole decision of the business role if not you have one option is to begin good Engineer for your society
3rd January 2011, 07:21 PM
rahul_kumar066

Default Re: Is it good to become an entrepreneur or should I become an Engineer? Should I opt for a B.Tech degree before MBA?

Dear
entrepreneur is best position among other .and india need entrepreneur so if you want to be entrepreneur it will be best than engineer but it is you who decide what you want to do before mba.
Thanku
3rd January 2011, 07:37 PM
sumithranagappan

Thumbs up Is it good to become an entrepreneur or should I become an Engineer? Should I opt for a B.Tech degree before MBA?

hi
Mr.vishnu, your idea of becomming an entrepreneur is really good..i like to appreciate your thought..All the very best..
not necessary for an entrepreneur to be an Engineer,to be an entreprenuer we should have good financial support,contacts and leadership quality and family support.. different types of business are there,depending upon your interest select the profession..
5th January 2011, 01:09 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Post Re: Is it good to become an entrepreneur or should I become an Engineer? Should I opt for a B.Tech degree before MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu suresh View Post
I am a plus two student. I am preparing to be an entrepreneur. Is it good to be an entrepreneur or an engineer? Should i take a btech degree before doing MBA. What is the purpose of that?
Dear friend,
i think engineer is the better option,b.tech-MBA has the strong future in IT industry...
18th February 2011, 01:22 PM
chinudey20

You should do B.com then MBA if your aim is interpreneur because engineering is going to be a separate feild..
19th February 2011, 08:44 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

opt for a B.Tech degree before MBA
entrepreneur is best position among other .and india need entrepreneur so if you want to be entrepreneur it will be best than engineer but it is you who decide what you want to do before mba
engineer is the better option,b.tech-MBA has the strong future in IT industr

good luck
8th August 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Ahh, This is interesting.

Here's the thing: You can become an entrepreneur with any sort of degree. Entrepreneurship is a matter of attitude and drive, a degree is a matter of knowledge - they are not mutually exclusive, only related.

As India's economy and global prowess multiplies, young entrepreneurs with engineering skills will be in high demand. A tech startup is pretty serious business, and will take a ton of time. But you need the skills to start something like that and stay on board with the business - and on top of the competition.

My suggestion is to finish your engineering degree first. After that, you have time, resources, money, and knowledge - all the things necessary to build an entrepreneurial endeavor. While you're studying (if you choose to work) you can spend time learning about entrepreneurship, and link your classwork directly with your research.

Screw the MBA. In the entrepreneurship world, MBAs are considered the least useful investment.

I am a young engineer who was born in Hyderabad and moved to the United States when I was two years old. Over the course of my life and visits to India, I was heartbroken to see how narrow-minded the Indian educational system is. It doesn't teach to be a leader - only a follower with lots of knowledge and the ability to work hard. To be a leader, you must look well beyond your coursework... but you will need your coursework to get anywhere in life. Take this advice, and go get successful.

I wish you luck.
24th December 2011, 03:49 AM
Unregistered

I am studying b.tech entrepreneurship in the university but i was given admission in polytechnic to study architecture please which one should i go for ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?