19th July 2014, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt for MBA or Masters in Engineering as per my bachelor degrees? Future prospects?

I am currently in my third year in Engg. But, i have also completed my B.A.(Hons. Political Science) in correspondence with IGNOU. Should i opt for an MBA or A masters in my engg.?
can i opt for an MBA with respect to my B.A.degree.?
Does it have a good future Prospect? please help. I am confused. Thank You.

20th August 2014, 12:43 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for MBA or Masters in Engineering as per my bachelor degrees? Future prospects?

First of all i must tell you that you don't need to have a B.A degree for MBA course. On the basis of your engineering graduation itself you can apply for MBA course. But for admission into a top MBA college you have to crack entrance examination like CAT, MAT, XAT , GMAT and IBSAT.

The top college like IIMs accept CAT score and only those with a very good score get admission. There is GD and PI also after the entrance examination for admission into MBA course. Hence, merely getting a MBA degree is not enough you have to get a very good quality MBA degree from a top college then only you will get a decent salary.

As far as Engineering field is concerned if you are interested in research then only go for M.Tech otherwise you should go for MBA. Just like MBA here also you have to face exams like GATE to get admission into top M.Tech colleges in India with scholarship. GATE is conducted by IITs and those who qualify it will get scholarship during the M.Tech program sponsored by AICTE.

Also, GATE score is utilized by many PSUs for giving jobs. You can also get JRF on the basis of the GATE score. Hence studying further in engineering is related to research field or you can say teaching field.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?