6th June 2010, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Which engineering branch is best?

sir
i have passed 12 with 73%. which branch should i choose now for enginnering?
i want to choose a branch which will have a good scope in coming 2 or 3 years.but i dont know which suld be choosen.
here i m giveing a list wshich to chose
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
plz suggest me about which suld be choose and why?

Related Questions:
7th June 2010, 12:46 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
i want to choose a branch which will have a good scope in coming 2 or 3 years.but i dont know which suld be choosen.
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
mechanical is a evergreen trade. there are always chances of getting job in private as well as public sector for mechanical students. chemical and electronics and communication engineering are also providing better jobs but computer science and information technology are having no future.
7th June 2010, 01:09 AM
amit.2186

Default Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
hi, first of all i would like to congrats you for 73% , i think ECE would be good branch for future prospects ,but my friend try to focus yourself first thinking about the branch selection for your engineering because all the mentioned branches by you in your question are all good you try to opt a branch in which you think i am good now to study further means if you are interested in circuits wires tranformers etc then you go for electrical branch or if you think i am good in computers then you choose computer science engineering or IT branch ,if you are interested in motors vehicle and machines then you go for mechanical ,
7th June 2010, 01:33 AM
sanjusays

you should not be asking the question here as to which branch to choose....nobody can guide you as to which branch you should choose...all the branches stated above are very good branches and have their own very good scope....rather think that which branch out of these excites you most...and take admission in that.....no one knows your interests better than you yourself....
7th June 2010, 02:22 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

All engineering branches, may be except for chemical have equal opportunities lined up. May be ECE and Mechanical are more good as they are basic engineering courses and open a wide array of opportunities. CSE and IT are more derived engineering branches where you are limiting yourself on your engineering knowledge and career opportunities in MNCs and even IT giants like Facebook, Whatsapp, LinkedIn, etc..
7th June 2010, 02:53 AM
drdo99
Banned

hello friend,
Choice of career is yours. Sometimes one should go by the market .you see where your interest goes, technicity or managerial.
Don’t say no. there are many fields to choose from against B.TECH.do your graduation with bio chemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy, microbiology, life sciences, others. India is a booming market for well trained people and I think your place lies there.
7th June 2010, 09:25 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Every branch of engineering have a respect to bright and secure future. So, its depends on your interest in that study and your capability. So, please love to study, surely you can get bright and secure future.

But according to me, traditional and conventional branches like Electrical, Mechanical and Civil are most secure branches in now a days.....
7th June 2010, 09:27 AM
anu132

Cool Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
Hi friend..
We only can suggest you but you have to choose your branch according to your interest and knowledge..So let me try to help you..
CSE and IT are good branch but seeing the current situation I wont tell you to choose them..But there is always a high response for this branch because of the growing rate of the IT industry which demands more and more software engineer..
Mechanical branch which ig going in a smooth manner for some of the years..it is a good branch which gives you the knowledge about the machine.
Chemical branch which is also good if you are interested in the subject chemistry..But there is also bright future for this like you can join any chemical based company or Investigating Bureau..
ECE branch which you can say the best branch in an engineering college..
Based on your interest choose the branch..but i will suggest you to go for ECE or Mechanical because they both are on demand now...
GOOD LUCK....
7th June 2010, 12:31 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal

Hello Friend

Its just so simple dear........
No one suggest you to take this branch or another branch.......
It is only depend on you and your interest.

1.Computer Science & Engineering
If you want to do something new in computer, if you always experiment with your computer, are you strong enough in mathematics and logic making skills then go for this branch.

2.Electrical & Electronics
Have you ever open your switch board and repair it ,do you want to know the functioning of your home electrical appliances, are u interested in sensors & transistor then go for this.

3.Mechanical & production Engineering

If you are intersted in bike and cars design, if you like to make some new mechanism , if you like to use your engineering skills for a common man life then choose this branch. This branch require a real hard work.This is called evergreen branch ,now a days there are a lot of job opportunity and money in this sector if you have talent and ready to work hard.

4. Civil Engineering
If you are interested in building making, have you ever think how this can be done after seeing a building then this branch is for you.
If you are hardworking and talented then there are a lot of opportunity in this sector.

If you are little interested in IT then go for this branch because now a days this branch gets high placement percentage and you definetly like IT worka.

Good luck
7th June 2010, 12:45 PM
roshan manjit

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
sir
i have passed 12 with 73%. Which branch should i choose now for enginnering?
I want to choose a branch which will have a good scope in coming 2 or 3 years.but i dont know which suld be choosen.
Here i m giveing a list wshich to chose
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
hello friend
it is nice thet you have a intrest in engineering but you should think first whether you are really intested or its because of the common trend of engineering.but if you are really determined then i feel that you must take mechanical branch as it is a sector which is always in demand.
And branches like cs or it are full of candidates and also there are many a time when recession really hits it badly and you may loose your job.
So its always your decision and best of luck.
7th June 2010, 01:06 PM
help100%

Look dear ,don't get confused with all this subject.Better is say you decide in which field you are expert and have better knowledge about and one thing i will say that the high tide of each subject depend from time to time.
Right now the ECE and civil engineering have its high tide where as CSE ,IT and chemical are having low tide and mechanical engineering is some how having balanced tide.Better i say opt for ECE and civil engineering or mechanical engineering and the others are really having a bad time and even you can opt for petroleum engineering which have also high prospect like of ECE.So better you check your surrounding and your stand.By deciding all this decide which one you want to opt for and don't worry for marks if marks doesn't act as key to the admission procedure for ECE and civil engineering or what ever management or sponsorship quota will do.

So, don't worry move one.For any further queries free to post here.

Best of luck,
help100%
7th June 2010, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLITED MY IS.C WITH 40% BY COMPARTMENTAL.MAY I HAVE ANY OPTION OF DOING ENGINEERING
7th June 2010, 03:55 PM
Namarta

as nowadays trend in the industry, more demanding branches are CSE and IT , because most of the companies in metro cities demand these. after them there comes ECE also.
7th June 2010, 04:51 PM
swati123

These days fields like IT, ECE and CSE are all the rage but that does not make traditional fields like Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering any less productive because these branches too hold the promises of lucrative jobs, etc. if you can prove your worth. Actually, there is no yardstick to measure any academic/professional course and what matters most if your aptitude. If you have aptitude for something, you will excel in that field and so it is better that you be your own judge.
7th June 2010, 06:24 PM
Ankit kumar dhanker

My dear friend this is completly depends on your choice and interest in my opinion all branches are good and have lots of scofe so choose with your interest
good luck
7th June 2010, 07:58 PM
siddharthkathuria

Post Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
i think u shuld go with your interest.however,according to me you should go with core branches.my priority order will be:
cse
mechanical
ece
it
civil
chemical
metallurgy
bio tech
8th June 2010, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I am very confused these days about the branch electrical and electronics(EN).......I want to know that can any student having electrical and electronics
branch(EN)can also apply for those jobs which want electrical
branch(EL)or electronics(EC) branch i.e. company have mentioned EL or EC
candidates in their eligibility criteria.
plz reply......
9th June 2010, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

which branch is bast
bio technology
chemical en.
12th June 2010, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantmeghalia View Post
mechanical is a evergreen trade. there are always chances of getting job in private as well as public sector for mechanical students. chemical and electronics and communication engineering are also providing better jobs but computer science and information technology are having no future.
i don't think sooo,,, it will gain its momentum and CSE and IT will be demanded in coming 2 yrs
14th June 2010, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

is there any future in CS??
15th June 2010, 09:25 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

In my opinion, Computer science and engineering is the hottest and more in
demand, even IT one is also in demand but not as CSE.Many students are
opting for CSE over IT.
15th June 2010, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

what is d major difference between bio medical engineering and biotechnology??
is bio medical engineering good?
is their any good career scope of bio medical engineering in India??
16th June 2010, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

i don't kniw much abt bio medical. however, biotech is a decent branch bu u shld prefer civil/metallurgy over it
16th June 2010, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Is IT branch is good for future
17th June 2010, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

every branch have a good scope. I suggest you to take ece.
17th June 2010, 05:07 PM
Mridul Dhawan

every branch has its own value,,select one branch and do best of u in it,,and u will got success......
18th June 2010, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

i am very much confused in taking the branches mechanical and ece . which branch is more profitable in terms of income ?
18th June 2010, 12:20 PM
Kumar Mayank

Look ECE and chemical are the best streams to be chosen for engineering.
Have a look for them first.
"Best of luck"
20th June 2010, 04:52 PM
aran.aravindhan

in the list given ECE and mechanical are good as it is a core group. plz dont take Comp or IT. But among ECE and mechanical if u want to work in same domain, mechanical is having more scope as more automobile companies are coming. it is very difficult to get in electronic industry
21st June 2010, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

which engineering best for girls in nowdays?
21st June 2010, 11:15 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

As per the list furnished, if you are a girl, then mechanical is ruled out. Provided no recession problem, you can join CSE or IT. If you are a boy, you can choose mechanical. I dont know how you missed the department which is in demand forever. Electrical Engineering has huge scope always. You can opt Instrumentation & Control Engineering provided you are girl so that your work will be comfortable inside the control room where only girls are posted. So think well and proceed.
Best of luck!!!
21st June 2010, 11:45 PM
August
Senior Member+

listen there is no comparision of branches in engineering.

but according to now a days market it can be choosen as per ur carrier choice as well as ur interest in a particular field.

u have scored good result in ur H.S its agood thing which will help u in ur future 4 placement in ur engineering college.

CSE,IT
both are software fields which market is suffering from financial crisis.

so it wiill be better if u choose mechanical bcoz

it is a core stream withalways saturated market.

best of luck.
22nd June 2010, 12:02 AM
sandy B

hello friend,according to my openion EC branch is best for engg.there have lots of jobs opportunity in this stream...
22nd June 2010, 12:24 PM
Amritansu subh

Firstly every branch has its own importance and has also its own demand in their sectors,secondly all boys and girls are also same in every branches but by your quieries civil and electical are the best branches according to the goverment sectors and rest of the the branches are best suited for private sectors.
GOOD LUCK
REGARDS
**AMRITANSU**
22nd June 2010, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Nowadays Which engineering branch is best for girls except ECE?
22nd June 2010, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

CIVIL
22nd June 2010, 03:34 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Dear Friend
It is totally your chice whether you are interested in doing mechanical engineering or in computer science or anything else.

Think positively and make the choice ,it is totally your decision of chosing the particular engineering stream.
22nd June 2010, 03:53 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Here is the correct order for you as per jobs point of view
EC
Mec
IT but the problem with IT is that there arent many govt. jobs So you should try either EC or Mec
22nd June 2010, 03:55 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
which engineering best for girls in nowdays?
For girls either EC or IT but since EC has more govt. jobs as compared to IT and a govt. job is much more comfortable for a girl i think its a better option for you
23rd June 2010, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Now I am about to join in Bi.tech.Till now I haven't decide my branch.But I want to know difference between electrical(ECE) and electronics(EEE).Could you please tell what is the difference between ECE and EEE
23rd June 2010, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

What type of benifits a civil engineering student have?
23rd June 2010, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
which branch is bast
bio technology
chemical en.
Hi! Friend, accroding to me Biotechnology is the best one to choose. Because the opertunities in the Biotech field is more when compare to chemistry field.
24th June 2010, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

which group is better in b.tech i chose some group
civil
mech
ece
cs
chemical
which group better for a girl
24th June 2010, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

which engineering should one choose if having a very good rank at all india level. an engineering that has high demand and package.even if admissions are offered in iit.
25th June 2010, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

sir, now i am gonna to take btech in civil engineering is this good branch for future opportunities for me? please tell me indetail?
25th June 2010, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

M.M.H

which branch is best in engineering? why? which branch is better either ECE or Mechanical?
25th June 2010, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

My name mohana.my college offered chemical, mechanical, ECE,material sci.&eng, CSE,civil engineering.In that branches which one is the best.
25th June 2010, 04:31 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hai
The best branches in engg are electonics & communication and computer science. EC has higher chance of getting job in any sector.CS STREAM IS more useful for jobs in IT field with high salary.

ARE YOUR DOUBTS CLEARED?
25th June 2010, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Getting oil tech /textile engg in top colege wat is the scope of these for a girl when comparison to cs/ece/iT/EE
26th June 2010, 12:37 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

friend ,
u can go for mechanical thats scope will never end. ec is also give competition to mechanical, civil is also gud as it also have govt jobs, but dont go for IT as nower days its demand is high but u cant guess about its losing scope.. so don't give achance of confusion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?