11th September 2020, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Is it good to join CBSE Intermediate for becoming an IAS Officer?

Hi everyone, I want to become an IAS Officer. I am studying in 10th standard and after my 10th, I am planning to join CBSE school for Intermediate course. I just want to know that my decision is good as I am aiming for IAS?

14th September 2020, 10:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to join CBSE Intermediate for becoming an IAS Officer?

You can pursue higher education from any recognised board and bachelor degree to become eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

To qualify in the examination you need to do better preparation with consistency and determination.

Hard and smart work is key to success in the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th September 2020, 03:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue std 12th and than undergraduate course from any recognised university.

To become an I.A.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stages. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, if you want to achieve your aim you can start giving special attention to your studies as per syllabus of examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th September 2020, 07:48 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

It doesn't matters a lot, if you are gearing up for Civil Services Exam.

To be eligible for UPSC Civil Services Exam, you must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized insitute/university.

So, firstly you need to complete your 10th and 12th, and then graduation. The crucial stage will be your graduation.

After completing 11th and 12th in any Board (CBSE, ICSE or state Board), you will have to choose your graduation course wisely.

Because, you will have to devote a certain amount of time per day for UPSC Civil Services Exam regularly.

In case, if you are choosing graduation course as per your interest, then it would be easier for you to prepare for Mains stage of Civil Services Exam. Because, the paper is subjective and your theoretical knowledge, writing skills will be tested.

To qualify UPSC exam, there will be three stages:
  • Preliminary Exam (Objective)
  • Mains Exam (Subjective)
  • Personal Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?