13th July 2017, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Which group should I join in intermediate to become an IAS officer?

Hello Sir/Madam, I have completed SSC. So, which group I should join in intermediate to become an IAS officer and which group after intermediate. I am planning to take BiPC. So, please can you help me out with your advice.

13th July 2017, 11:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which group should I join in intermediate to become an IAS officer?

There is no need to opt any group in Intermediate even if you are interested to become an IAS officer. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. You can pursue any course of your interest for pursuing your higher secondary and Bachelor's degree, so, I suggest you to pursue any course of your interest and after completion of your Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university, you can apply for IAS examination.
14th July 2017, 08:56 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit to appear is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to pursue any stream in or after 12th if you are interested in BiPC , you can also pursue it.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2017, 09:07 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for IAS entrance exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

2. Minimum age limit required to apply for this exam is 21 years.

Subjects selection of 10+2 does not matter for IAS entrance exam. You can choose any group according to you interest. If you are interested to take BiPC then you can take without hesitation.
14th July 2017, 12:06 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can opt for BIPC if you are interested to join IAS officer. There is no such specific subject or stream required in 12th standard to become an IAS officer. You must complete your 12th standard and bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized institute in order to become an IAS officer. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years for general candidates. For SC/ST candidates it is 37 years and for OBC candidates it is 35 years. You must be an Indian citizen with a height if 165 cms and should be physically fit. With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil Services examination and can become an IAS officer.
14th July 2017, 02:19 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

** For IAS officer, you can select any stream in your 11th class depending upon their interest.

** Candidate should have passed bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized board.

** The candidate should be a citizen of India.

** The minimum age of candidate should be 21 years and upper age limit is 30 years.

** My suggestion to you is that you can select any stream in your 11th class as per your interest.
14th July 2017, 05:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become IAS officer, a candidate needs to clear Civil Services exam and secure a rank within top 100. The minimum qualification required to apply for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam.

Civil Services exam is not stream specific. Candidates from all discipline can apply for this exam. You are free to choose any group as per your interest in that subject group. Candidates prefer arts stream if their final goal is to join Indian Administrative Services.
14th July 2017, 08:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become Officer in Indian Administrative Services, you are required to notice the basic educational qualification and age criteria required.

>> You must have completed Bachelor's Degree or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As Bachelor's Degree in any discipline is considered, it is the main point to be noticed that Bachelor's stream is basically considered rather than stream in 12th Class.

>> So you may choose the stream you would like to pursue based on your interests and skills that you have.

>> There is no certain minimum percentage criteria required. So make sure you successfully pass the qualifying examination to be eligible.

>> You may go with MPC or BiPC at 12th Class level. As you are willing to go with BiPC, you may choose concerned courses at Graduation level.
14th July 2017, 11:38 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

To become a government job a candidate must fulfill following criteria-
A candidate must have graduated with any stream .

There is no need to select a particular stream for giving an exam of IAS .
Eligibility criteria for IAS-
A candidate must be graduated with any stream.
A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
A candidate must have minimum 21 years of age and maximum 30 years of age.
15th July 2017, 01:13 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I have completed SSC. So, which group I should join in intermediate to become an IAS officer and which group after intermediate. I am planning to take BiPC. So, please can you help me out with your advice.
You can take any group if you have a dream to become IAS officer. The best choice would be Humanities since that has more alignment to the work you would be doing.
18th July 2017, 09:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To get chance for IAS exam, you should completed graduation degree from a recognized University.

The minimum educational qualification required for IAS exam is graduation degree from a recognized University. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?