9th November 2015, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

Which group to take in intermediate to become an IAS Officer?

I am rasheeda banu ,iam studying 10th class iam interested and I want to become an IAS officer, so please advice me which group I can take in intermediate to become an IAS officer
Replay please

9th November 2015, 11:24 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which group to take in intermediate to become an IAS Officer?

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. For becoming IAS officer, a candidate must appear for the Civil Services exam and clear all the stages. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university is required to be eligible for this exam.

The minimum age limit is 21 years. You can take any group in 10+2 either it is science with PCM or with PCB or commerce or arts stream as per your interest. Subjects combination in 10+2 has nothing to do with Civil Services exam.
10th November 2015, 06:29 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. You will have to complete Civil Services examination for becoming IAS officer.

There are three stages of this exam:

1. Preliminary exam.

2. Mains exam.

3. Interview.

Graduation in any discipline is required to appear for this exam. You can take subjects or stream in 10+2 or bachelor's degree in which you are interested because UPSC has not specified any preferred subject or streams.
25th August 2016, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am diploma completed . Because my future plan was become an IAS . Please give me the suggestion sir
11th April 2018, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm 12th completed my aim was to become an IAS officer so which degree I have to take please give me suggestions sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?