8th April 2011, 04:26 PM
acna

Which are the good Mathematics courses after 12th? Details about those courses?

hi....i want to know about some courses for my higher studies.......i don't want to go for engineering and also i don't want to go for chemistry related courses..i hate chem. but i love to study maths..so plz suggest me some good mathematics courses and its career options and also give me more details about the course ,i.e,after that what should i do etc......

7th June 2011, 07:14 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which are the good Mathematics courses after 12th? Details about those courses?

Dear friend,

If maths is your passion ,then remember you have lots of career option in your future.

You can do graduation with honors in maths from any good university. After that you can go for m.sc in maths which will give you bigger prospects.

Other than this,there are branches of maths like statistics,economic maths etc which are also of great interest.

Other than the reputed IITs, there are other institutes also offering various courses in maths like:

1.Indian Statistical Institute,

Trunk Road, Calcutta 700035, (WB)

2.Rani Durgavati University

Pachpedi Jabalpur 482001

3.Pt.Ravishankar Shukla University,

Raipur 492010, MP

4.Dr. BR ambedkar Marathwada Univ., Aurangabad 431004

5.University of Poona,

Ganeshkhind Pune - 411007 Maharastra

For Phd in maths these two are the best:

1.The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), CIT campus, Taramani, Chennai-600113

2.The Mehta Research Institute of Mathematics and Mathematical Physics (MRI) Allahabad,

So rest depends on you. Best of luck!
20th July 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which are the good Mathematics courses after 12th? Details about those courses?

i want to know is it right to bca from ignou or do ba program from du
6th August 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

i pass my b.com.in gujarat university but then after which course i join ? i an very intrusted in maths/statistic subject what i do ? which course i join ?
21st December 2011, 05:32 AM
Unregistered

what should i do after 10?
6th April 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in maths but hate chemistry and i have completed my 12th science and appearing for pcm and i would like to make my future in maths so plz suggest me the best courses in maths...
19th April 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student and i want to carry on my studies in maths after 12th. what courses are available for me?
6th November 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

tell me about integrated course in mathematics offered by IIT OR ANY REPUTED UNIVERSITIES
6th November 2012, 11:35 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

You are completed 12th standard in Mathematics. After 12th you can do the Degree in mathematic honors. This is the good option for your career.

You can do the various courses in mathematics in degree economics and statistics.

You are doing the mathematics in degree after completing the degree you are going for the Post Graduation.

Like M.sc. With mathematics. After completing the M.sc. Mathematics you can a opportunity to get the Lectures job in Government colleges with subject of Mathematics.

This is you good career in future.

ALL THE BEST.
7th November 2012, 12:48 AM
sbhndsen
Member+

You can opt for several courses after 12th class Maths. The decision to take up any course will depend on your interest level. Graduation is the immediate choice after 12th class. If interested to take up studies in the same subject area, consider B.Sc will be the suitable option. You can also take up BCA as a course which has huge scope in terms of career. And B.Tech / B.E can also be opted.

And if you are purely math centric person then try for Professor of mathematics, for becoming the Math Professor, first you have to complete your bachelor and master degree in mathematics and than have to apply for UGC NET examination. Through this you can make your career in either mathematics Lecturer or JRF post.

Or second way for you is to do preparation of qualifying IIT/JEE examination so that you can get admission in India best colleges.

This both above options are best regarding having interest in Mathematics subject.
2nd April 2013, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

my interest in math but my problem is i m pursuing in BCA last sem & i m still want a courses related with math because i have no interest in computer.... please suggest me.......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?