10th August 2012, 01:19 AM
Tyshahid

For which Government Jobs I am eligible to apply being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of ECE course?

Hello sir, i'm a 3rd student of ece and i want to know about govt job other than IES. Plz rply me on my mail id
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. For which Government Jobs I am eligible to apply being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of ECE course?
  2. Which Government Jobs that I can apply being a candidate of pursuing 4th year B.Tech? When will be the notifications for these Government Jobs?
  3. What kind of Government Jobs that I can apply for being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech in IT?
  4. How to get Central Government jobs when pursuing Bio-medical Engineering? -- [New]
  5. After completing B.Tech from Electronics and Communication with 75% can I get a good job?
  6. Which Jobs I can apply in Railway being a candidate of pursuing Diploma in Engineering with IT?
  7. Can I apply for Jobs in Government Oil Companies being a candidate pursuing Integrated MBA course?
  8. Procedure to get Government Job being a candidate of pursuing BE in ECE?
  9. Am I eligible for any Government job if I have 1 backlog?
  10. How can I apply for Government Jobs being a candidate pursuing Internship for BDS?
  11. Which entrance exam to answer to get government jobs after pursuing MBA in marketing?
  12. What are the job opportunities available for a 12th passed student? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. In which Government Jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech from Rajasthan Technical University? Criteria for getting the Government jobs?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Government Jobs being a candidate of B.Tech in IT stream?
  15. Is a BCA(distance education) pursuing candidate eligible for bank PO? List of Government sectors can be applied by the candidate
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Government Jobs as Bank POs and Clerks having scored 55% in 10th, 66% in Intermediate and 47% in Graduation being a candidate from BC-E category?
  17. Sample resumes for me to apply for Jobs being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech?
  18. What type of government jobs can MCA students apply for?
10th August 2012, 07:33 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which Government Jobs I am eligible to apply being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of ECE course?

Apart from IES, the best option in front of Electronics and Communication Engineering graduate is PSU jobs.

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertakings. These are group of over 150 companies owned by the government of India. These companies have expertise in various fields like:

Telecommunications

Defence Research

Energy

Space Research

Heavy Electronics

and many more. Each year all these companies allow B.Tech graduates to appear for written test in order to get the job. Appearing in the written test is very important and you would have to prepare very hard because thousands of others will also apply for the same job.

Luckily since you are completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, you can almost apply for job in every single PSU company. This is the advantage of ECE stream. Now in order to apply for PSU jobs you need to meet certain criteria:

1. Must be Indian Citizen

2. You must have B.Tech degree from a recognised university. Please remember that there are different jobs available for graduates in different streams. This is explained in details in the job ad post by the company.

3. You need to score at least 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

4. Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

5. Reserve category candidates are subject of relaxation in age and percentage required as per the rules of government of India.

I would also recommend you to appear in GATE entrance exam which is for admission in M.Tech. However you don't need to apply for M.Tech course. A good performance in GATE exam strengthen your chance of getting PSU job.

PSU Exam Pattern:

1) Written Test

2) Interview

List of PSU Companies where you can apply:

ISRO

DRDO

MTNL

BSNL

IOCL

ONGC

BHEL

BEL

HAL

INDIAN RAILWAYS

NTPC
10th August 2012, 02:26 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which Government Jobs I am eligible to apply being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of ECE course?

There are many PSUs in which you can apply for the Government Jobs being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of ECE course.These Jobs are mostly meant for the Freshers & if one is fully dedicated towards his work then No doubt that very soon he will be promoted at a higher post & grade too.

List of PSU Companies where you can apply:

ISRO

DRDO

MTNL

BSNL

IOCL

ONGC

BHEL

BEL

HAL

INDIAN RAILWAYS

NTPC

Now a days in the metro cities,such ECE students are frequently recruited in the metro trains too.So one can apply through a proper channel.
28th June 2013, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

hai sir . am going to final year b.e-ece, what are the things i have to prepare and what are the exams is best to appear?
sir its being a big confusion fa me.. i donno what to do plz give me some advice to get a better future fa me
18th December 2013, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

hai sir iam anu studying 3rd year ECE.I would like crack the IES examination.Financially iam not fit to join in any coaching centre for IES preparation.so can anyone please guide me from where i have start my preparation from now onwards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?