4th January 2011, 05:13 PM
akshitverma

Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE

hello..
i have done mechanical engineering with 58% marks.
am i eligible for any government jobs...??
is this percentage is also going to matter in private sector too...??..
please let me knw..

akshit

4th January 2011, 07:03 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE

most of the leading private company give their eligibility criterion that student should have minimum of 60% marks throughout the career. but as you have less than 60% marks in engineering so you will not be eligible to appear in the recruitment process of leading companies.

but do not worry there are so many company also those have no such criterion. you may try for it.

there are government sector which recruit mechanical engineering student. so of them are
NTPC
Indian railway
Indian army
Civil services
BHEL etc.

in civil services some job are available where there is no minimum marks criterion. only graduation from a recognized university is enough to appear in the examination. so you may try for it.

best wishes.
4th January 2011, 08:23 PM
anaspeer

Default Re: Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshitverma View Post
hello..
please let me knw..

akshit
Hi,

Most of the government jobs that recruit for the post of mechanical engineer ask for minimum eligibility criteria percentage above 60%.

And even the TOP core companies and TOP IT companies.

But don't worry, as you are near to 60 you can get job in some companies with some reference.

Don't lose your hope try for it and you'll get it.

All the best.
4th January 2011, 08:43 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE

Quote:
hello..
please let me knw..akshit

Well friend,

these are the Government jobs where a mechanical Engineers finds jobs
in respective field.
  • The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC),
  • Punjab PSC Sub-Divisional Engineer,
  • Punjab PSC Assistant Architect,
  • GLPC,KIOCL,
  • Air India Air Transport Services Ltd. (AIATSL)

More PSU JOBS and their details are available on PSU JOBS

To find jobs click this Website:-
sarkari-naukri.blogspot.com
4th January 2011, 08:49 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know if you have Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 58% then you can apply for the many exams of Civil Services.And some govt. are :-
NTPC
Indian railway
Civil services
BHEL
etc.
good luck......
4th January 2011, 08:57 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

you must have faced some kind of problems if you had tried for some private jobs because almost all leading companies requires atleast 60% in your b.tech but there is no any such criteria in government sector.you just need to clear entrance exams conducted generally by UPSC.
lets have a look on government jobs for which you are eligible :

(1)IES(indian engineering services)
(2)BHEL
(3)INDIAN ARMY
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC

e.t.c
lets try and give your best .you will definitely succeed.
4th January 2011, 09:54 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello..
please let me knw..

akshit
most of the good and well developed comapnies take the students of criteria above 60% and u had below 60%.so for u it is better to do masters in mba or mtech to join a good company.
4th January 2011, 10:56 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE

Quote:
hello..
please let me knw..

akshit
Dear friend,
Now you are a graduate student with more than 50% marks so you are absolutely eligible for govt job,but age is a factor...

In case of private job some MNC demand 60% overall then you are not eligible otherwise you are eligible...
4th January 2011, 11:40 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

It is true that many companies both private & public companies require at least 60% throughout the applicant’s educational life. So a score of less than 60% in Btech might pose some problems for you.

But then there are companies which require less than 60% (mostly 50% or 55%) as a cut off for appearing in their recruitment process.

You can apply for following government jobs:
PO jobs in bank
civil services jobs
IES jobs
SCRA jobs
BEML
SAIL
5th January 2011, 12:35 AM
mishra245

Various gavt.jobs are available for the Mechanical engg. student as:
Railway recruited the employ for the mechanical engg.
Teledata Informatics Ltd Chennai.
Yashika Management Consulting Pvt. Ltd. Yamunanagar
IPMS Placements Pvt. Ltd. Baroda
Parsippany, New Jersey
5th January 2011, 04:00 PM
rks_estate

Dear Friend

Sorry !

For any government job / service (Central or State Government) minimum criteria is 65 % marks.

So you will try in private sector jobs because there is some criteria of % depending upon Company / Industries standard.

But many small scale industries there is no criteria, you will get jobs through consultancy or through reference.

So try for private sector job, after experience you can try for government jobs.

Best of Luck....... ok ..... bye......
17th January 2011, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

I have completed my graduation in English(Honours) with 52% and my post-graduation in English(Honours) with 63%.
Am I eligible for government/PSU jobs?
Thanks.
18th January 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

hey i m studying in 8th semester now n ma % is 63 till now.
ma branch is mechanical engineering.
can u suggest me thc companies aftr ma graduation.
19th January 2011, 10:04 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

After completion of your graduation course you are eligible for different Government Jobs.Some of them are listed below:
NTPC
Indian railway
Indian army
Civil services
BHEL etc.

Best of luck......
24th January 2011, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

hey....i am a 7th semester student of civil engineering from a govt. engineering college...my % till now is 77.....caqn u plz suggest me some govt sector jobs...
26th January 2011, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

hello.... i have done my b.tech with 57% in mechanical engineering
am i eligible for any govt. or private jobs plz let me know
7th February 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

I am in 8th semester be mech now my study i have scored only 40% in tenth and i have completed diploma in automobile engg with 58% and now in be i would get 52 to 55% and now my age is 27 is there Any chance that i can get a job in govt and pvt company please suggest me what to do my email id is shakib_hot @yahoo.co.in
7th February 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

I am in 8th semester be mech now my study i have scored only 40% in tenth and i have completed diploma in automobile engg with 58% and now in be i would get 52 to 55% and now my age is 27 is there Any chance that i can get a job in govt and pvt company please suggest me what to do my email id is shakib_hot @yahoo.co.in
8th February 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i am done mechanical engg with 67%, have reservation(ST),2010 passout batch,tillnow i dint get job i get frucstratd.& i am not interest to do private job,plz suggest me,reply to bhojya.meATgmail.com
14th February 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b-tech (mechanical) with an aggregate of 59%.
Can i get a job in PSU Sector after doing any extra course related to mechanical engg?
Plzz suggest me some courses by which i can get job in PSU Sector.
My e-mail - [email protected]

ARUN PAL.
15th February 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

i am bibhash kumar i am studing in 8 sem and my aggregate in 58% plz suggest for core company in mechanical related ...........
plz reply sir
24th February 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

im kalaiarasan. im finish B.E(MECH) i want goverment job. how i got job..... plea guide me
24th February 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

myself raj nayan i m studing in final year in mechanical brannch,,,,my aggregate is 80% in engg.. & 70% in 10. but 52% in 10 2,,, i will face any difficulties in getting job through incompass.
14th March 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i got only 52% marks in b.tech (civil engineering).will i get the job?
19th March 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

i am doing btech mechanical 2nd yr .
i want to job in railway what can i do for job after btech
4th April 2011, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

list of exam for Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE
12th April 2011, 05:34 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
most of the leading private company give their eligibility criterion that student should have minimum of 60% marks throughout the career. but as you have less than 60% marks in engineering so you will not be eligible to appear in the recruitment process of leading companies.

but do not worry there are so many company also those have no such criterion. you may try for it.

there are government sector which recruit mechanical engineering student. so of them are
NTPC
Indian railway
Indian army
Civil services
BHEL etc.

in civil services some job are available where there is no minimum marks criterion. only graduation from a recognized university is enough to appear in the examination. so you may try for it.

thanks
12th April 2011, 05:37 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear

NTPC
Indian railway
Indian army
Civil services
BHEL etc.

thanks
24th April 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

i got 55% in clss 10(c.b.s.e) & 48% in clss 12(c.b.s.e), even i m detained 4 one year in b.e(mechanical), currently i m studying in 5 sem is tere any scope for job in future ? or what else courses i do to make my future
24th April 2011, 09:54 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

these are the Government jobs where a mechanical Engineers finds jobs
in respective field.
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC),
Punjab PSC Sub-Divisional Engineer,
Punjab PSC Assistant Architect,
GLPC,KIOCL,
Air India Air Transport Services Ltd. (AIATSL)
24th April 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi i had an atkt in my final exam of graduation in april but later cleared the paper in october which means i have a pass class...m i eligible for any govt. job if so which ones can i try for
25th April 2011, 01:01 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Hi,

There are lots of opportunity for Mechanical engineers in government sector as well as in PSUs.

Generally in all government sector job it hardly matters what you have scored in 10 and 12.

What matter is your engineering. So don't worry you can apply below mention jobs like...

BHEL
HPCL
ISRO
NTPC
Indian railway
Defence services(Indian Air force, Army, Navy)
Civil services(IES,IAS etc...)
etc...

All the Best...
25th April 2011, 01:33 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE is given below

1.IES.

2.PWC.

3.NTPC.

4.DVC.

5.ONGC.

6.BHEL.

7Rail.

8.ISRO.

9.BARC.

10.DRDO.

etc.

All the best.......
19th May 2011, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

i get 55% in mechanical engineering so how i can seeking job
27th May 2011, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i m a mechanical student 2nd year...my aggregate till now is about 55%.
so, now how much more should i gain t get a good job in government sector??
please reply me on [email protected]
1st June 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

10th 12th createria
2nd June 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i am the mechanical engg. Student and i had completed the degree in 2010 with 61%. i am preparing for the government jobs. I am belonging to (sc) catagory. So, can u suggest me the paper paterns of various exam or important tips while preparing for the exams...
12th June 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

i hav 64% marks in b-tech(ME).. can i go 4 govt. sector jobs???
29th June 2011, 06:26 PM
theivanaisomu

Sir,

My son is doing Final year in Mechanical Engineering. What are the central government sectors available for him to apply.He is having more than 70% upto III year and he has obtained 87% in 10th and +2.
Sir,
Kindly guide me . Kindly send the list of Central government sectors available for him and how to apply?
Thanking you,
8th July 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE

Quote:
Originally Posted by theivanaisomu View Post
Sir,

My son is doing Final year in Mechanical Engineering. What are the central government sectors available for him to apply.He is having more than 70% upto III year and he has obtained 87% in 10th and +2.
Sir,
Kindly guide me . Kindly send the list of Central government sectors available for him and how to apply?
Thanking you,
apply for
1.UES pre final year & final year exams in indian army and air force
2.CDS(central defence service)
3.IAS
4.TGC
21st July 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

hi im in 7th sem mech student i have 69% in my b.e till now but in pu 57% will it affect me for attending interviews???
22nd July 2011, 01:42 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

Govt. jobs for mechanical engg like:--

* NALCO
*NTPC
*ISRO
*DRDO
*ARMY
*NAVY
*AIR FORCE
*JINDAL
22nd July 2011, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my mechanical engineering with 70% indeemed university...am i eligible for gate....and for govt jobs...
24th July 2011, 01:14 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you are from mechanical engineering so, you can apply for lots of govt. jobs.. Mechanical stream is evergreen branch.. It is a mother core branch..
You can apply for govt. jobs like-

1.ONGC
2.NTPC
3.ISRO
4.SAIL
5.BHEL
6.Railway
7.Bank PO
8.UPSC Civil Service Exam
9.Defense exam

So, go for it..

All the best..
25th July 2011, 07:41 PM
anil_kumar89

Govt. jobs for mechanical engg like:--

DRDO
ARMY
NAVY
NALCO
NTPC
ISRO
AIR FORCE
1st August 2011, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey....i am a 7th semester student of civil engineering from a govt. engineering college...my % till now is 77.....caqn u plz suggest me some govt sector jobs...
enter into drdo.... life will become ur dream.....
3rd August 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

i am doing marine engineering with an aggregate of 65 %... can i apply for government jobs in the company like iocl, bhel etc. kindly suggest me...
20th August 2011, 07:09 PM
dhruv007

as you have not gain 60% in your graduation then may be you are not eligible for many leading private companies. but there are also some companies who provide job facilities irrelevant of marks obtained.there are so many company also those have no such criterion. you may try for it.

NTPC
Indian railway
Indian army
Civil services
BHEL etc.

21st August 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical 3rd year student and my % is 78 till now ,can you tell what are the best options for me in goverment sector/?
26th August 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hello..
please let me knw..

akshit
hi akshit it is not like this govt sectors can have thier diff selection procedure with percentage but private sector have thier own way of selection other than percentage.
so dont worry work hard.
all the best....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?