31st May 2016, 11:52 AM
Menaka poudel

Graduate from Singhania University can write UPSC Civil Services Exam?

I have completed my graduation from a college which has academic collabration with SINGHANIA UNIVERSITY(UGC recognised). So, now tell me that can I write UPSC civil sirvices exam? Please do answer

31st May 2016, 03:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Graduate from Singhania University can write UPSC Civil Services Exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination after completion of your Graduation from Singhaina University.

Singhaina University is a UGC recognised university, so, the degree obtained from this university will be valid to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination.

To be eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria stated below :-

-> You must be an Indian.

-> Your minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should be less than 32 years.

In case of reserved category candidates, upper age relaxation is applicable as per government norms.

-> You must have obtained Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree from a Government recognised university.
31st May 2016, 05:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Graduate from Singhania University can write UPSC Civil Services Exam?

Yes, you can write UPSC Civil Services Exam after graduating from Singhania University as it is a recognized University by UGC.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC civil services exam :-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves of

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam, and

*Interview.
31st May 2016, 06:28 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear in UPSC civil services exam:

A candidate must have citizenship of India .

A candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks and 45% in case of reserved categories from recognised University.

Age limit should be in between 21 to 32 years and relaxation in upper limit given to the reserved categories.
31st May 2016, 06:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, if you have above qualification and age you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2016, 06:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Singhania University is a private university which is recognized by University Grants Commission. As it is UGC approved, degree obtained from this university is valid for all government job entrance exams.

Yes, you can apply for Civil Services examination after completing graduation from this university. The qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree and age limit is 21-32 years. Important dates for this year exam is over now and you must wait for next year examination notification.
31st May 2016, 07:38 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Singhania University has been established by the Government of Rajasthan, under ordinance 6 of 2007.

It is a UGC recognized private university as per sec .2f of the UGC Act 1956.

Therefore graduate degree from this university is valid for UPSC exam.

Education Qualification:

Graduation from a recognized university

Age limit is 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category students.

3 years for OBC and 5 years SC/ST Category students

Selection Process:

Prelims exam

Mains exam

Interview
31st May 2016, 08:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Singhania University of Rajasthan is approved by University Grants Commission for undergraduate course.

Bachelor's degree obtained from this university is valid. You can apply for Civil Services examination after graduation from this university. To be eligible for this examination, you should be minimum of 21 years of age.

Official website of this exam is http://www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2016, 09:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor's degree obatined from any university is valid if it is recognized by University Grants Commission. About Singhania University, here is details:

*It is approved by UGC as private university under section 2f of UGC Act, 1956.

*Your graduation degree is valid.

You can write UPSC Civil Services examination. Minimum age of candidate for this examination is 21 years.
31st May 2016, 09:41 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaka poudel View Post
I have completed my graduation from a college which has academic collabration with SINGHANIA UNIVERSITY(UGC recognised). So, now tell me that can I write UPSC civil sirvices exam? Please do answer
Yes you are eligible to write UPSC Examination.

List of UPSC Exams:-
  • Civil Services Exams
  • Engineering Services Examination
  • Geologist Examination
  • Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination
  • National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
  • Combined Defence Services Examination (In February & August)
  • Indian Economic Service Examination
  • Section Officers/Stenographers (Grade-B/Grade-I)
UPSC Examinations Criteria:-

Educational eligibility: You need to have a graduate degree from any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply.

Age Limit: 21 years to 30 years.
Relaxation is available for the reserved category candidates.

Number of attempts: General Category: 4, OBC: 7 and there is no limit for the SC/ST candidates.

Selection Procedure:-
  • Stage I (Preliminary Examination)
  • Stage II (Main Examination)
  • Stage III (Personality Interview)
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2016, 10:31 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to write UPSC exam only when you have passed graduation from a recognized university. University shiuld be recognized by UGC. According to your information you are eligible to write UPSC civil services examination.
Candidate age should not exceed 42 years.
Preference should be given to candidates which comes under reserved category.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary
Mains
Interview
31st May 2016, 10:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Graduates from Singhania University can write Civil Services examination because this university is approved by University Grants Commission.

Other eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for Civil Services exam.

Age limit is 21-32 years.

Examination pattern:

1. Preliminary exam.

2. Main exam.

3. Interveiw.
31st May 2016, 11:26 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

As, Singhania university is UGC recognised you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

So, you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Main and Interview and candidate have to qualify in all the stages for final selection for the job. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2016, 11:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is one of the toughest examination and is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S officer. The eligibility to appear for examination is bachelor degree from any recognised university.

So, candidates passed bachelor degree from Singhania University or any other university which is recognised are eligible to appear for examination.
1st June 2016, 12:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaka poudel View Post
You have completed graduation degree from SINGHANIA UNIVERSITY(UGC recognized), so you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?