14th October 2011, 12:40 AM
Formal sympli

How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 11th class in Arts?

How to beome an (b)IPS officers(/b)?but now i'm study in (b)class 11 art(/b), If you don't mind please help me, i really want become.I'm not kidding.

14th October 2011, 10:09 AM
kinika

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 11th class in Arts?

give the entrance test and prepare 2 subjects of your choice as given in the list and do prepare for general studies
read newspaper daily and work on your current affairs
14th October 2011, 10:20 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 11th class in Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formal sympli View Post
How to beome an (b)IPS officers(/b)?but now i'm study in (b)class 11 art(/b), If you don't mind please help me, i really want become.I'm not kidding.
IPS Stands for Indian Police Services.

To become IPS Officer you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year in two stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination. Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination Only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination.

Preliminary examination also called CSAT (Civil services Aptitude test) and there are Two papers in this examination, Both are Objective and the duration of both the examination was same. Main examination was descriptive and for this you have to opt one Optional subjects as per your Graduation.

But you are Pursuing in 11Th Standard, so you cant eligible for UPSC Civil services examination, So please complete your 12Th and then take admission in Graduation degree course and then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services.

Eligiblity For UPSC CSAT Examination -

>> You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for UPSC CSAT Examination.

>> Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

>> There is no minimum percentage is required to apply for This examination because any graduate passed candidates may apply for this examination.

So, If you are Really Interested in UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer then please complete your Graduation and then apply for This examination and for more Details please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
14th October 2011, 10:38 AM
Royalkamlesh

Exclamation Re: How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 11th class in Arts?

Hi ,frnd its good chance for ur to become an i.p.s (indian police service) people says its very hard . .bt frnd nothng is hard its good that you are studying in 11th class with art nd art subject is more scoring better than with science . 1st u will have to complete ur 1!th nd 12th with base on high after !2th u wil have complete graduatition means (B.A) .parshuing with B.a join a best coaching centre in ur areas for i.p.s nd do work hard than u will get success best of luch all the best
14th October 2011, 10:44 AM
Aninkanti

To become IPS Officer at first you have to appear in the UPSC Civil services examination.

Eligiblity For "Civil Service"Examination -

**You have to complete your Graduate form any recognised University.
[Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for UPSC examination].
And there is no minimum percentage is required only passed candidates may apply for this examination.

**Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

This examination is Conducted Every year.And there are two stages in "Civil Service" One is Preliminary examination and other is Main examination.

After passed the Preliminary examination then you will be eligible for Main examination.

Preliminary examination is based on Objective and the Main examination is descriptive and There you have an Optional subjects as per your Graduation.

For more and other information please check the official website -
www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
14th October 2011, 11:35 AM
jevirsinh

Hello Friend..

To become IPS officer,
you will need to apper in the civil service examination.
Civil Service examination is conducted every year by UPSC(union public service commission).

Eligibility
1-The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for this exam is a bachelor degree in any stream.
2-The minimum eligible age for general candidate is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.
Relaxation of age for candidate belonging to OBC category is 3 years and for candidate belonging to SC/ST category is 5 years.

**Candidate needs to face three phases of the examination**.

1. Preliminary examination-conducted during the second half of may.
In the preliminary exam, you will have to write two papers.
General studies
Optional Paper

Following is the list of optional subject
Psychology,
Agriculture ,
Botany,
Commerce,
Economics,
Geography,
IndianHistory ,
Law,
Civil Engineering ,
Mathematics ,
Mechanical Engineering,
Medical Science,
Philosophy ,
Physics ,
Electrical Engineering ,
Political Science ,
Geology ,
Public Administration,
Sociology,
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science ,
Chemistry ,
Statistics .

After qualifying preliminary examination, you will need to appear for

2. Main examination- conducted during the month of oct/nov

In the main exam, you will have to appear for the following subjects

Modern Indian Language,
General English,
Essay,
General Studies and
optional subjects.

3. After successful performance in the main exam, you will be called for an interview.

All the best..
14th October 2011, 01:11 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
to become an ips officer you have to be a graduate in any stream fom a government recognized universities.
now you are in your 11th standard.so first get your 12th or senior seconadry certificate.
then pursue your graduation degree from a college
then you have go through the civil services examinations.
which consists of a preliminary written test or CSAT(civil services aptitude test).
after that the final written test.
then the personal interview.

for all this you have to be prepared from the day you are reading this reply.
i mean
1.get through the general knowledge and entrance exam magazines
2.select the subject with which you are going to appear the final examination from 26 options

choose wisely from the above options accordingly your career and capabilities
3.get through the above processes and per annum there about 100 people get into the ips training academy through counseling for ias and ips.

best of luck for your future
14th October 2011, 01:24 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Sir, its sounds good that you want to become a IPS officer, but you can not apply in just 11th class, for appear in this UPSC exam you must possess graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college.

the age limit for this exam is 21-30 for a general candidate.
the age limit or the SC\ST candidates is 21-35.
also the age limit for a OBC candidate is 21-33 years.

no. of attempts -
4 for a general candidate
7 for a OBC candidate
no such restriction for SC\ST candidates.

thanks!!
14th October 2011, 02:47 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formal sympli View Post
Hello friend,
Its really good to know that you want to serve the nation by joining the Indian Police Service and since you are in class 11 right now, you have got enough time to prepare for the exam and apply for it.
Recruitment of IPS officer is done through civil service exam conducted by union public service commission and to be eligible for the exam, you need to be a graduate. Therefore, you must take one step at a time. Right now you have got to qualify +2 level of exam and after that you will have to pursue a bachelros degree program in the field of your interest.
As soon as you become a graduate, you will be eligible to apply for the civil service exam. The minimum eligible age is 21 years and maximum age limit is 30 years.
10th December 2011, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

i am in class 9 and i ask how many hour i shouled stdy.
14th January 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Easy for I.P.S
21st January 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

what different of ias and ips and ifs. and which services is the best of them. my age-26 years (obc). and i have not completed the graduation. but i have appeared for ba 2nd year this year.
25th January 2012, 04:51 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Nice to see that you are so much dedicated and truly want to become an IPS officer.

To become an IPS officer you have to complete your graduation first. You are from arts and now you are in 11th, so you can complete your graduation in B.A. or any degree that you want to pursue.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS:

Educational qualification:
You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:
Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

If you fulfill it, then take a look at the admission procedure:

For online application, you have to visit the official website.

You will also get other details there...like exam date, other criteria etc....

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

* NOTE: At present, there is no news about IPS in the official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?