31st May 2016, 01:25 PM
mohit thakurleft

Am I eligible to apply for TGT exam if passed intermediate with only Arts subject?

I am graduate with science stream and done IGD Bombay diploma with c grade. After it i passed intermediate with only arts subject. Please tell me am i eligible to apply in tgt exam?

31st May 2016, 05:06 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for TGT exam if passed intermediate with only Arts subject?

Yes, you are eligible for TGT.

TGT stands for Trained Graduate Teacher.

Eligibility criteria for TGT :-

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with B.Ed degree from a recognized university.

-The minimum age limit for TGT is 21 years and there is no upper age limitation.

-Selection of candidate is made based on their performance in written exam and interview.

-The question paper for TGT exam consists of objective questions based on general awareness, reasoning, mathematics, historical facts and science questions etc.
31st May 2016, 05:42 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for TGT exam if passed intermediate with only Arts subject?

TGT- Trained Graduate Teachers

Eligibility Criteria:

You should be complete graduation or any equivalent degree with at least of 50% marks.

You should be citizen of India.

The minimum age is 21 years and there is no maximum age limit.

You should be a B.Ed or equivalent teaching degree from recognized university.
Working knowledge of at least Hindi,English and regional language also working experience in a school.
31st May 2016, 06:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility for appearing for TGT exam is either you should have 4 years integrated degree course from NCERT with minimum 50% marks in the concerned subject as well as in the aggregate or a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate as well as in the concerned subject. You should have B.Ed or equivalent teaching degree from recognised University. Working knowledge of at least Hindi, English and regional language. Also working experience in a school is required.
31st May 2016, 07:08 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for TGT examination. Candidate have to appear and qualify in CTET and TET.

To appear for examination required eligibility is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and have B.Ed degree from any recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.cbse.nic.in or www.ctet.nic.in.
31st May 2016, 11:11 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for recruitment as TGT.

For selection as TGT in government schools you have to appear and qualify for TET or CTET examination conducted by state and central government respectively.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and have one year B.Ed course from any recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination for final recruitment.
1st June 2016, 12:42 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Just a graduation is not enough to apply for TGT. You should have also qualification of B.Ed to apply for TGT. In all states , TGT candidates are recruited for various subjects such as Hindi , English , Sanskrit , Science , Social Science , Maths , Physical Education , Art Education , Electric Gadget & Electronics etc.

Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in subject with at least 50% and should have qualification of B.Ed.
- Upper age limit is 27 years.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam

Exam Syllabus
- General Awareness
- Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Teaching Aptitude
- Language Competency Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?