25th September 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Can i write Indian Revenue Service exam at 30 years age?

I am now 29 years old. But at the time of June i will reach 30 years age. So will i be able to write Indian Revenue Services at the age of 30 years?

25th September 2015, 09:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i write Indian Revenue Service exam at 30 years age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am now 29 years old. But at the time of June i will reach 30 years age. So will i be able to write Indian Revenue Services at the age of 30 years?
Yes, you can write Indian Revenue Service exam.

Candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Indian Revenue Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Indian Revenue Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
25th September 2015, 10:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you will complete 30 years according to the date mentioned in the notification then you will not be eligible for the exam. UPSC conducts the exam every year which is known as civil services exam and age should be between 21 to 30 years.

If you belong to reserved category then you can get age relaxation. If not then you are not eligible and have to look for other options.
25th September 2015, 11:05 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

-> Yes you can write Indian Revenue Service exam at 30 years age

-> Age limit for IRS examination is General 21-30 yrs, SC/ST 21-35 yrs and PH 21-40 yrs.

-> The candidate must hold any degree in any discipline from any recognized university

-> The Final year degree students are also eligible.

-> The Degree obtained by distance education/open university is also eligible if the university is a recognized university.
25th September 2015, 11:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear in Indian Revenue Service Examination only when you belong to SC, ST, OBC, PWD and Ex-Servicemen Category. Yes, if you belong to General or Unreserved category, then you may not be eligible for appearing in Indian Revenue Service Examination. Generally the age criteria considered as on 1st August of the year of Examination. So by month of August next year, you would successfully complete 30 years. Hence, if you belong to General/ Unreserved category you are not eligible to appear in Indian Revenue Services Examination. Since there is an age relaxation of

For OBC Category Candidates - 3 years

For SC Category Candidates - 5 years

For ST Category Candidates - 5 years

For Ex-Servicemen Category Candidates - 10 years

For PWD Category Candidates - 10 years

Candidates who belong to above categories except General Category are eligible to appear in IRS Examination with the above mentioned age.
26th September 2015, 12:06 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the revenue service at the age of 30 years. To join the service you have to qualify in the civil services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year and the eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years and relaxation for the reserved category.

So you are eligible to appear for the examination in the 2016. The examination is conducted in the three stages. So continue your preparation for the examination. The details information about the examination is available at the www.upsc.gov.in.
26th September 2015, 10:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The Indian Revenue Services comes under the Civil Services examination of Indian Government. The age limit for the Civil Services examination is as below:

>>For general category candidates: 21-32 years.

>>OBC candidates: 21-35 years.

>>SC/ST candidates: 21-37 years.

So, you can apply for the India Revenue Services at the age of 30 years. UPSC will release notification for the Civil Services examination on 24th April 2016 for CSE 2016. You must be a graduate in order to apply for the examination.

There are three stages of this examination:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Personal interview.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?