26th April 2018, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Is having tattoo on hands a barrier to become a Police Officer?

Hi, I want to put a tattoo on my hands. But I also want to become a Police Officer. So, if I put a tattoo on my hands then it will be barrier for me to become a Police Officer? Kindly help me to know this.

5th July 2018, 06:10 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is having tattoo on hands a barrier to become a Police Officer?

It's a good choice to become a Police Officer. You have to appear in Civil Service Exams(CSE) and have to crack it with a good rank to become Police Officer.

In the eligibility criteria provided by the official authority of CSE, there is no where mentioned that a candidate having a tattoo is not eligible to apply. But, you have to face some problems in the interview round. In interview, the interviewer will judge you based on your appearance and if he found that you have a permanent tattoo then, he will not take it as a usual matter rather he may ask you question about why you have a tattoo. Though, if the interviewer doesn't able to see it, there is no problem at all.
15th July 2018, 05:10 AM
Ramabai L

Default Re: Is having tattoo on hands a barrier to become a Police Officer?

To become a Police Officer you need to give Civil Service Exam. Qualified candidate wants to face other test like Physical check up, Personal Interview.In Police department they never suggest tatoo. If the Candidate have permanent tattoo the interviewer will ask about your tattoo. Here is the chance to get reject. Because in the field of IAS, IPS, IFS they never prescribe Tattoos. As a public server should to be neat clean and perfect. The Tattoos are not visible to the interviewer there is no problem to become Police. Definitely the person who is with visible tattoos for example on face, neck, etc will be rejected. Many of the Interviewer or Higher Officer of Police Department said that we are losing a lot applicants because of visible tattoos.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?